PDA

View Full Version : Jessica's "trip"to the mall...!!

Jessicajane
08-12-2013, 09:19 AM
There are an ever increasing list of scrapes and mini disasters in my emerging Jess life that would have Maria von Trappe herself heading back to the monastery…but I guess the best way to deal with them is learn from mistakes and have the ability to laugh at oneself….
I am sure that I am not he first CD to have experienced the troubles of negotiating heels in a shopping mall, but a recent shopping trip caused more than its fair share of attention….
Having emerged from a makeover in the MAC store in Marion, Jess proceeded to strut her stuff through the busy shopping arcade, head held high and with a confidence and excitement for what lay ahead , bargain hunting in the sales at my favourite dress shops.
It was lunch time and as usual the flood of shoppers clamouring to grab both food and a bargain, ensured that what was to follow was witnessed by a depressing large number of somewhat bemused passersby…
Although the heels on my boots were modest, approx 3 inch, I can only assume that somewhere mid stride I hit upon some liquid that had spilled onto the marble effect floor….the result was that my foot slipped from under me…
If I had fallen it would have dented my pride and caused a bit of a scene, but would have probably gone unnoticed by the majority of people…oh I am never that lucky…
what transpired was a natural reflex to retain my balance that resulted in a “Bambi on ice “ performance legs and arms flailing about ….to make matters worse…much worse the shock of the situation saw me drop a most un lady like “f” bomb so that anyone not privy to my “lord of the dance” rendition was quickly made aware of my unsightly predicament…..
I hope to heaven that the CCTV footage never makes it to UTube …..!
Pride well and truly battered I went on to console myself with purchasing a new dress….

JenniferR771
08-12-2013, 09:26 AM
I hate when that happens. Smooth marble floors and tall heels--just a recipe for disaster.Add a bit of moisture...and...
I am so glad you weren't hurt, as you could have fallen. Broke wrist. And got even more attention. You look terrific, by the way. Love your hair that way.

Michelle (Oz)
08-12-2013, 09:29 AM
I saw a censors warning to a movie recently, 'comedic violence'. Its when people laugh at what happens to hurt others. My wife does it when I hurt myself.

Sorry you had to be the event.

kimdl93
08-12-2013, 09:45 AM
oh well, don't feel too bad. I'm sure you felt a lot more attention than your bambi dance actually received.

I had a bad heels moment a couple years ago. I'd gone to the theater and decided to walk across the mall to a bar rather than take the hallway back to my car. between me and the bar were several hundred yards of cobblestone. Ever try to negotiate cobblestone in heels? By time I got to the other side my ankles were killing me. I had to take off the heels, ruin my stockings and walk back to my car feeling utterly defeated by my feet!

Princess Grandpa
08-12-2013, 09:53 AM
Hug

Sorry of what happened. I am glad however you didn't hurt yourself. As you say it's good you have a sense of humor. I hope the new dress made up for it. You look great btw. I hope the make over and the rest of he day were enjoyable.

Hug
Rita

Nikki A.
08-12-2013, 10:02 AM
Have a nice trip, see you next fall LOL. Thankfully all that got hurt was your pride.

Beverley Sims
08-12-2013, 10:42 AM
What a super way to help dented pride, buy a new dress.

Chickhe
08-12-2013, 12:03 PM
I found two ways to prepare. Dance, run and otherwise live in your heels until you forget you are wearing them. Secondly, walk in small steps with each one being an act of balance where you place your foot down instead of pushing off and using them to get any traction (exactly like you would walk on an ice rink).

Sheila11
08-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Any reason to buy a new dress is a good reason.

vikki2020
08-12-2013, 06:32 PM
I'm sure that video isn't even in the top 100! People are doing stuff like that all day, so join the crowd! Hey, you spent a day at the mall, and got a new dress, so, ---WIN! btw--you look great!

Linda Stockings
08-12-2013, 08:51 PM
I've had that happen. Especially with heels that curve forward under my feet a bit more than usual. It maks the angle of fhe heel way too far back , and out from under me they go. Glad you're OK.
Linda

calebsmithxd
08-13-2013, 01:55 AM
I'm glad you're okay! It sounds like you made lemonade out of those lemons though.

Diversity
08-13-2013, 03:38 AM
Funny story. Glad you were not hurt!
Di

rachel_rachel
08-13-2013, 05:42 AM
I know that dress!! It's from city chic... Did you buy it or just try it on?
I try on their clothes every week.

Tina B.
08-13-2013, 08:31 AM
If that's the dress you bought to make you feel better, it was worth the Bambi dance!