PDA

View Full Version : Little white lies?

Ineke Vashon
08-12-2013, 04:54 PM
I got tired of looking at my hairy arms. Shaved same. Surprise :eek: Nobody seems to notice.

I have my little white lie prepared: "my (senior) skin got too dry and I needed to exfoliate. Scrubbing is easier without the hair being pulled, and it's also easier to apply lotion on a smooth arm.

Little white lie (LWL) #2. I just love my shiny nails. If someone would ask (nobody has) I am prepared: "My nails became brittle and looked bad. I put nail hardener on them. The byproduct is that my nails look good and shiny.

Ineke

Marleena
08-12-2013, 05:02 PM
Yep..whatever it takes!:)

This reminds me of the time I was on a plane to Vegas with shaved arms. As luck would have it in the seat next to me was a big, hairy ape of a guy. I'm sure he noticed my arms but ignored me the whole flight. *phew*.

celeste26
08-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Absolutely no reason to lie, just say I prefer it that way. No need for anything to be said.

reb.femme
08-12-2013, 05:17 PM
My hands and arms are typically male hairy and I shaved them on Saturday afternoon, specially for my night out at the local Trans meet. I see people look every now and then, but nothing is ever said.

My eyebrows are plucked thinly too, which I did over a few weeks. Might have over done this week though. C'est la vie! Again I see people examining my brows but they never mention it. Personally, I'll just admit to trimming my lower line as I don't want to look like an ape, even if I do act like one :heehee:.

I particularly love the feel of when my nightie is slipped on and glides down my arms. Heaven! :battingeyelashes:

Rebecca

stephNE
08-12-2013, 05:40 PM
This is the first year I have kept my legs shaved for the entire summer. Usually I grow them out in March through about September and keep them shaved in the cooler months. A couple people have asked why are they shaved, and I have said I thought they felt hot and I like this feel better - all true!

Tracii G
08-12-2013, 07:55 PM
Do whatever you have to I guess.When people ask me do you shave your arms? I just say yes and leave it at that.
A friend of mines wife asked me (in front of all the band members) are you wearing a pink earring? I said yes I am and showed everyone.
Nobody said a word.If you start trying to explain why thats when you dig a hole you don't want to be in.
Act like its nothing and it will be a non issue.

Jodi
08-12-2013, 07:59 PM
My hairless arms and legs are nobody else's business. If anyone should ever ask, which they never have, my reply is MYOB.

Jodi

Andinera
08-12-2013, 08:31 PM
I always got comments on shaved arms and nail gloss. Im known for being a quiet person. So when they ask, a few seconds of not answering and they move on to the next topic. Sometimes it might even be how they used to do that. But my answer would be straight forward, thats what I like.

Beverley Sims
08-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Yeah! That will suffice for now.

Eryn
08-13-2013, 01:23 AM
There have been no comments about my hairlessness in over two years. Quite a few men shave their bodies for various reasons.

There have only been a three comments about my clear-polished nails. A couple were from young GGs who said "Nice nails!" and I replied "Thank you!" One male friend asked my why I polish them and I said that I used to chew them (the truth) and that the feel of the polish reminds me not to chew them any more (also true). His response was "I should give that a try!" (he should).

Amanda_P
08-13-2013, 01:58 AM
When someone at work asks me about my shiny nails that's what I tell them. I don't want them to get all yellow and brittle. They just so oh and move on to something else.

Ellie52
08-13-2013, 02:05 AM
I dont have much hair anywhere. My arms are naturally hairless, I dont shave very often (once every three days) and I shave my legs. I dont have any hair on my chest. I think they forgot to give me the hair follicle gene. The trouble is it applies to my head as well.
I paint my nails with clear gloss and if anyone says anything I tell them I play finger style guitar and its nail hardner. No one really notices to be honest...Ellie.

Cheryl T
08-13-2013, 07:47 AM
No lies...I just say I got tired of being hairy.

NicoleScott
08-13-2013, 10:41 AM
Nobody has an obligation to answer intrusive questions that are none of their business. But if they think they are allowed to ask, we can think we are allowed to lie.
Maybe we should learn to say more often "I don't have to answer that".

Jenny CD
08-13-2013, 10:49 AM
Like Ellie... I don't have hair on my arms. Never have. As for nails... Well, my boss's mother told him that I have prettier nails than she did. I thought that was pretty funny!

Jana
08-13-2013, 11:03 AM
Same thing happened to me regarding body hair. I had all sorts of excuses lined up but nobody ever said a thing! Better this way!

mikiSJ
08-13-2013, 11:28 AM
I don't lie. I never had much hair (except on my head, thankfully) but I have started to shave everything else and while I don't get a lot of questions about my shaved legs or arms, I simply tell them I like them shaved.

Same with my polished nails. I don't always add clear polish, but I keep them buffed to a high shine and I simply tell folks I like the look.

Aly Cat
08-13-2013, 11:47 AM
I work for a major electronics company as a rep within BestBuy and i made it a point to notice how many men shave their bodies (obviously all i can see are arms and legs). I came to the realization that about probably 40% of the men i see on a daily basis at minimum have their legs shaved. I know some men are hairier than others and sometimes the hair is thin, but i look for the classic shinny lotioned look that comes from shaving and taking care of your skin. It may just be the area i work in though. The majority are wealthier business men who get weekly massages and manicures and all the pampering done. Thats when i stopped worrying so much about what i shave. Its not uncommon in my area at all! If my wife gets onto me again about it, im going to bring that up as my valid argument. She likes my chest and nether region shaved clean but likes me to have hairy arms and legs. I personally hate it so i shave my legs and trim short my srm hair. For me personally, i dont care for the totally hairless look on arms, but that is just personal preference. I wish i had the money to get manicures and pedicures regularly.

reb.femme
08-13-2013, 12:29 PM
.....I don't shave very often (once every three days)...

For this I can envy/hate Ellie. :heehee:

.......The trouble is it applies to my head as well...

For this, I have total empathy and sympathy with Ellie. :devil: