PDA

View Full Version : Lainie's day out as a girl ...

Lainie
08-12-2013, 07:25 PM
... Well, as an old lady, really.

I decided today I would go to 19th St in the Heights, Houston, as just another old girl browsing antique & resale boutiques & taking artsy photos of urban decay. What would a woman my age wear on her day off, expecting 100 degree heat? Flip-flops, hot pink nail polish, shaved legs, a black cargo skirt from Chico's 3" above the knee, a Laura Scott Polo from Sears, sunglasses, & a white mesh hat shaped like a pith helmet. She wouldn't wear a handlebar, but I couldn't put mine back on quickly if I took it off, so it goes along for the ride. Longish wavy hair, in a unisex style. Camera in a belly pack slung over my shoulder, grey canvas purse to hold my stuff.

Had a lovely day. Lots of photos of abstract patterns among urban decay, maybe a few worth keeping. 2 dresses from Retropolis, a resale shop. Iced coffee & wifi on a sofa in Cricket's. Dinner salad, 1836 Copper Ale, Peaches & Cream at Down house. Stopped in Walgreens to buy a 3-pack of bikini panties & a house-brand imitation of Gucci's Guilty perfume. Decaf Americano at Starbucks to kill an hour waiting for rush hour to pass, & writing this memoir.

Everyone has been pleasant, no fuss. A very nice day to be an old lady!

Beverley Sims
08-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Lainie,
A nice interlude. :)

Amy R Lynn
08-12-2013, 09:48 PM
I think going out with a sense of confidence goes a long way! Good for you.

kimdl93
08-13-2013, 07:29 AM
Sounds like a lovely day, despite the heat!

Sarah Beth
08-13-2013, 07:46 AM
I always feel this big pang of jealousy when I read about someone going out and having a wonderful time like that. I am so happy that you can get out and have a wonderful day like that.