PDA

View Full Version : is it just me , or do of us girls share alot of the same hobbies ?

Courtney . J
08-13-2013, 09:49 PM
ive seen post from alot of yall here about your normal daily hobbies and it seems that most of us share the same common interest in things ,. ill start and it would be awesome if yall can add your hobbies so we can see once and for all and try to get to the bottom of this :D

i love to play guitar and been playing for 17yrs now , really like working on engines and building fast toys , love racing them toys i built ,. like fast hot rod cars & boats ,. own a 1973 Jet Boat with a 455 big block olds that me and my dad restored from the ground up ,. love building stuff and just having a wrench in my hand in general ,. use to be a rock& roll only listener ,.. (until that damn Madonna & Joan Jett made me see the light lol :heehee:)

anybody want to share ? or stupid thread ? lol

Erica Marie
08-13-2013, 10:03 PM
My newest hobby is figuring out how to be a girl ;)
Besides that I enjoy woodworking and remodeling. Fixing just about anything that is broken and spending time in the gym.

Rileyaz
08-13-2013, 10:37 PM
I also fly fish.

Marleena
08-13-2013, 11:00 PM
I like working on old classic cars. I enjoy anything to do with radios and electronics too. I like the old ham radio receivers and restoring them. I'm hands on too and I'll try repairing just about anything with a schematic. I used to hate Christmas morning putting toys together though.lol. Glad the kids are older now.:)

Eryn
08-13-2013, 11:41 PM
[Moderator Hat On]

Folks, the reason we don't discuss firearms is because such discussions inevitably turns into slagging matches and nobody on either side of the issue is going to change their minds. All such discussions do is create bad feelings that weren't there before the discussion started.

So, no more firearms discussion, even if it is craftily disguised.

Eryn

Ellie52
08-14-2013, 12:04 AM
My newest hobby is figuring out how to be a girl ;)
Besides that I enjoy woodworking and remodeling. Fixing just about anything that is broken and spending time in the gym.

I concur with Erica - woodwork and anything thats broken inside the house or out. Also playing guitar, sketching on a intuos tablet and finally having time with my family including taking my dog for a walk on the beach. Im suprised I have time to be Ellie......E

Beverley Sims
08-14-2013, 12:33 AM
Trains, Ham Radio and electronics.

Amanda_P
08-14-2013, 01:06 AM
I'm just learning to play golf as of last year. Now it seems I'm out on the course every chance I get. Then on the weekends its off to karaoke bars to entertain the masses. Other then that I sit in my room dressing

Amanda M
08-14-2013, 01:16 AM
Acoustic music, painting, swimming and gym!

noeleena
08-14-2013, 02:31 AM
Hi.

Hobby's.

Well of cause woodwork & turning all aspects .metal working . photography, designing my clothes & sewing them . for our two period groups,& love my music = drums accordian & melodica wind,

...noeleena...

TeresaCD
08-14-2013, 02:50 AM
Motorbikes, and no not pink Vespas
I build stuff. All sorts of stuff
Anything with a motor, I play with, customise
(although lately I don't like grease on my hands)
Guitar (blues/bluegrass/gospel mainly)

Ellie52
08-14-2013, 03:13 AM
One major hobby, Dressing up in nice ladies clothes, oh and a wig and high heels and makeiup and and and........Ellie

regina young
08-14-2013, 03:31 AM
Writing and performing music with my band, horses, 4-wheeling,dressing sexy.

Sarah Beth
08-14-2013, 05:27 AM
Who has time for hobbies....... I do woodworking, gardening, photography, and I am trying to restore a model A, all of these if I find any time to do them.

iGenny
08-14-2013, 05:40 AM
I like to hike and camp, ride my bicycle, garden, and building computers from scratch.

Sabrina133
08-14-2013, 05:47 AM
scale models, cooking, wine, reading, scuba and skydive. Oh, i love boats and corvettes (Ive owned three and am looking at a 4th)

Christinedreamer
08-14-2013, 06:14 AM
Professional audio visual system design has been my job and my hobby starting with my dad in the early 60s. He was the film director for several TV stations just getting started so I learned a LOT about film and television long before the general public.

Currently I am medically retired but still take on projects building one of a kind AV and computer switching systems, audio interfaces etc.
Aside from AV, I love singing bass in my church choir. (MCC church, and yes I have attended en femme)

reb.femme
08-14-2013, 06:17 AM
Given up working on engines, car, bike or aircraft. As I say on my web, smelling of fuel and oil is not for this T Girl.

These days I'm more sedate, computers are my thing. I only get dirty hands if my pen breaks. :heehee:

Trish
08-14-2013, 06:25 AM
I have several old cars that I enjoy, along with the car clubs that I belong to. My other hobby is building scale model cars. I have a room with over 500 1/25 scalce models on display.

BLUE ORCHID
08-14-2013, 06:31 AM
Hi Courtney, Woodworking, metalworking, train watching & railroad photography, HO model railroading, RV camping,
world class handyman, and last but not least Dressing as a great looking lady.

daviolin
08-14-2013, 06:48 AM
Hi Courtney
Woodworking, Violin, Banjo and Drums. Cooking always en fem. Daviolin

ninadiva
08-14-2013, 07:09 AM
OK.. Being as pretty as possible is the common denominator. Ham radio seem popular and with me also. Fishing, Kayaking, preferably at the same time. Spending time drinking with friends, restoring my RV as it will become my permanent home soon. Surfing womens fashion sites on the net. Stamp collecting on a periodic basis as an investment more than for pleasure. Folk music. Reading science and astronomy magazines. Shopping of course and not forgetting spending time with my children. PHEW ! No wonder I am behind with my work.

JuliaLocke
08-14-2013, 07:27 AM
cycling - both road and mountain

Jenn A116
08-14-2013, 07:33 AM
I'm surprised at how many of us are Hams. :)

I'm also into photography, just about all electronics, and things Disney.

lacy s
08-14-2013, 07:41 AM
My hobbies are DIY and vehicle restoration, working on an old FJ40 right now.
Amazing how many of us are gearheads.

Michelle_NY
08-14-2013, 08:00 AM
Yes I think the more we share here the better we all are gf

natalialimapoa
08-14-2013, 08:12 AM
I love hobbies! My favorite ones are skateboarding, make up, clothing, graphic design, astrology, japanese food & writing.

robindee36
08-14-2013, 08:32 AM
All things bicycling. Riding, working on them, restoring old masterpieces and following UCI racing (the pros).

I thought about fly fishing but just could not find hooks small enough to catch them on ;)

Hugs, Robin

Phylis Nicole Schuyler
08-14-2013, 08:38 AM
I do watercolor pencil and try to make them look like photos when dampened. Example

Allison Quinn
08-14-2013, 08:39 AM
I love watching shows! Right now i'm watching Breaking Bad, along with Ourgan Host Club.
I enjoy playing Role Playing Games as well :) I'm replaying Knights of the Old Republic, and TES IV Oblivion again n_n
I like to cook and bake, especially when I'm with others who also enjoy it :)
Walking and jogging are also quite fun!

Krististeph
08-14-2013, 08:40 AM
personally, I think this is because the CD/TG/GD mind is (though to be) primarily a physical aspect of the BSTc area of the amygdala- A small difference in one particular part of the brain (I'm not saying it is the only difference). But a large portion of the CD/TG/GD brain in males is still more 'male' oriented- males overall do still show a slight preference or natural ability over females in the area of spacial recognition and manipulation- as evidenced in how we give directions and read maps, for instance. Comes back to the evolved generalization or traditionally most common division of labor- females run the house, feed and raise the kids / family, and nurture- while the males hunt, fight, or build things which relies more heavily on spacial interpretation than do the "female" stuff.

Therefore, hobbies which include working on a physical 3-d object- changing, manipulating, and creating them, is more beneficial to genetic males on the whole and thus a possible mechanism to explain why we do things that involve these skills. After all how many of us enjoy a pastime that we are really bad at?

Again, i'm not saying there are not GG who easily can do better than many or even most men in this area- it;s just a sort of default that has come to pass.

CDs are not simply purely " feminine or masculine ", just like non-CD men and women are noteither " feminine or masculine " either.

That's my ¥2.

Tracii G
08-14-2013, 10:58 AM
I love restoring old stringed instruments and building new ones that look old and well used.I'm a guitar tech and do repair work as well.
I build several a year just for myself but people end up buying them so I have to build more.LOL
Here are two I made. I restored this 1959 Gibson Melody Maker as well it was in terrible condition when I got it.

Dianne S
08-14-2013, 11:48 AM
I play the piano for relaxation, though I'm not very good. The best I can manage are "Easy Piano" pieces. I gave up piano when I was 11 and my mother said I'd regret it... darn it! I hate it when she's right! :)

I also play and work with computers a lot and tinker occasionally with electronics. However, I'm mechanically inept and have no interest in nor aptitude for fixing cars, doing house repairs, etc. I'd rather pay a professional to do that.

Aly Cat
08-14-2013, 12:32 PM
Wow, i feel like i am a total geek/nerd now after reading everyones comments lol.

My hobbies are playing violin/cello, studying languages (just started japanese and Korean), quantum physics, dimensional sciences, antigravity, harmonics and frequencies, and ancient history with its many technological mysteries. Those are my fun things to do....oh and i love making cute outfits on polyvore. :)

Juliea661
08-14-2013, 12:38 PM
Hi Courtney, I am working on a novel (rewrite stage), stumble with a Baratone Uke, like to read, fly an ultralite I built in 1987, and teach sailing - and of course love being girlie when I can... I just need to find more time. LOL
@Phylis Nicole: your watercolor is BEAUTFUL!!!!! You have an amazing talent!
Hugs Jules

Aneline
08-14-2013, 12:58 PM
crossdressing, making beer, drinking beer. cycling, hiking, running, working out are things I like to do to stay in shape because there are no low calorie microbrews...

Stephanie Miller
08-14-2013, 01:55 PM
O.K. Eryn, I'll be good and abstain :sigh:.
Fishing, cooking, sewing, building things, camping, scuba, spending time with my wife,
looking for other like minded C.D.'s and their spouses to do like minded stuff with.

suzy1
08-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Scale modal building [There is a lot of this hobby here, I wonder why?]
And I am involved in motor cycle racing.

Tracii G
08-14-2013, 02:20 PM
The model builders here are amazing I will say that.

DonnaT
08-14-2013, 03:32 PM
Woodturning, wood carving
fly fishing/tying
drag car racing (before I got old ;) )
Oil pastels
swimming
harmonica

Tracii G
08-14-2013, 05:35 PM
I'm getting the bug for a muscle car again so my girl side may get to go to cruise nights soon.

Lorri_c
08-14-2013, 07:24 PM
Games worksop anybody? One of my early cd memories was using my GW superglue to try to glue a jewel to my belly button.

DonnaWanna
08-14-2013, 07:34 PM
The hobby that I like most is building and flying remote control airplanes,,,

Ellie52
08-14-2013, 07:34 PM
I do watercolor pencil and try to make them look like photos when dampened. Example
Phylis, That picture is totally awesome, I would love to see the original. You are very very talented.......Ellie

I love restoring old stringed instruments and building new ones that look old and well used.I'm a guitar tech and do repair work as well.
I build several a year just for myself but people end up buying them so I have to build more.LOL
Here are two I made. I restored this 1959 Gibson Melody Maker as well it was in terrible condition when I got it.
Tracii - We have discussed guitars before but I didnt realise how talented you are. I love playing and have built a few but these are incredible....I love to see exceptional work you are a great lutheran....Ellie

Courtney . J
08-14-2013, 08:25 PM
very nice work , girl ! i really like the pink with ghost flames ,..hmm ,. dont tempt me to paint one of my axes pink ! lol

but please we need more details ,. what kind of pickups ? looks like Floyd Rose floating bridges on both also ,. are they legit floyds ?

dangit now i think im gonna pick up my Dean ML right now and play some JETT ! :D

Courtney . J
08-14-2013, 08:31 PM
think its time to learn a new tune also ,. maybe some Joan Jett -Rebel Rebel ;-) (yes i know david wrote it first but ,.ehh ..lol )

http://youtu.be/gdVqX789o2o

Tracii G
08-14-2013, 09:13 PM
The pinkish one is actually two shades of purple quando sparkle the ghost flames really blend in and sparkle under the clear coat.
The pick up is a hand wound (by me), unbalanced coils too One coil is 7.3k and one is 9.0k so about 16k or so.The bridge is a real deal OFR.
The bullseye has a late 70's DiMarzio double creme super distortion pick up.Super thick ebony fingerboard and pearl fret markers.Real deal OFR bridge.

Courtney . J
08-14-2013, 09:16 PM
niiice ! i bet they shread hard !

Janine cd
08-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Hi,Markeena!
We could be sisters. I, too, love restoring old ham radios and trying anything electronic. I,m currently working with a Raspberry Pi computer.

Tracii G
08-14-2013, 09:19 PM
I build them to last and to be played hard.I don't skimp on the quality of the paint or the parts used.

stephene513
08-14-2013, 10:08 PM
Used to race small 100 mph outboard boats won 3rd in 250 cch hydro in 88 at the world championship in Germany, kind of good for a middle class guy from Chicago. now just so addicted to arguing on line in political forums. going to change that addiction into being the perfect crossdesser. I think.

Brooklyn
08-14-2013, 10:54 PM
Ballroom dancing, yoga, and playing with makeup...

Druscilla Supernovae
08-14-2013, 11:14 PM
Well lets see. I collect diecast model trucks (1500 so far), collect minolta film cameras, have an extensive boot collection, have a good sized raincoat collection, have a vast collection of over 600 music cd's, collect ho scale model trains, and I have a decent selection of womens rubber, leather, and pvc clothes.

sandra-leigh
08-14-2013, 11:43 PM
Hobby? What's that? I spend my waking time learning or teaching what I know. If I get fed up with computers, I read books.

Is sleeping a hobby? Is shopping for clothes?

Tracii G
08-15-2013, 01:07 AM
Sandra sleeping is something I can do well LOL It should be a hobby maybe an Olympic sport!!

Angela Campbell
08-15-2013, 01:24 AM
I have my own recording studio at my house but work always gets in the way and I do not get to spend as much time there as I used to. I also used to build guitars but have not been able to for a couple of years. I still do repair work for my friends on a guitar....or just about anything that needs to be fixed. There is not much that uses electricity I cannot figure out.

Celeste
08-15-2013, 03:20 AM
WOW,great thread.I remember posting about hobbies a few years ago too.I like reading about the full spectrum of peoples personality and lives,It gives us a better understanding of each other.

My indoor hobbies are acoustic guitar building(lutherie),holistic health research,healthful eating and all general household repair.I like to go on 48 hour long repairing binges..it's really a lot of fun and a challenge.If people spent more time trying to fix the old junk they had....they'ed learn how not to buy new junk.

Julie1123
08-15-2013, 06:58 AM
Alas some of my hobbies have had to take a backseat to school but they include medieval armor, sword fighting, video games, and reading. Reading is the only one that hasn't taken a backseat. Love to read a wide variety of genres but my favorite is stuff that messes with my head and challenges my perceptions.

Marleena
08-15-2013, 07:11 AM
Hi,Markeena!
We could be sisters. I, too, love restoring old ham radios and trying anything electronic. I,m currently working with a Raspberry Pi computer.

Well we could be sisters from another mother.lol. Cool stuff I haven't built a computer in awhile. I taught my son to build them and he took some computer courses. So I'm good for now. Ran out of money too and the old radios are getting hard to find for a good price. I have a Hallicrafters TW 500 to do a little work on , it was their answer to the Zenith Transoceanic.

Great thread and talented people here.:)

Gloriamontrose
08-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Model railways, railroad restoration, photography including aerial filming from quadcopters, blues harp, electronics, music and skiing. It's amazing how many CDers are into some sort of modelling (scale not posing!). As for that water color by Phylis...wow!

Gloria M.

Princess Grandpa
08-15-2013, 08:50 AM
What a fun thread thx Courtney.

I am an old gamer. I remember when my dad brought home my very first game system. Pong! /chuckle. If I'm going to sit down in front of the tube for a couple hours I would much prefer a video game to watching a show.

My real obsession these days is sailing. I'm studying and learning the ways of the sea. I bought a 1965 Islander Bahama 24. Some assembly required. While refitting her has occupied a great deal of time over the past months, I'm not really a do it yourselfer. I understand why so many project boats get sold repeatedly without ever going into the water. It's hard to stay focused. But a few more months of hard work, or maybe nine months at my current pace and we should be ready for a denaming/renaming ceremony

I could use many of you and your skills. I saw woodworkers, mechanics, I bet a couple of you understand 12 volt wiring. I bet there is even a few who could help me rig her. /chuckle. Boat building party at my house your all invited. *thinks she will be shopping for a new swim suit in no time*

Hug
Rita

Nikki Rich
08-15-2013, 09:03 AM
I guess it shouldn't be surprising how much we have in common. I love woodworking, building anything from wood or metal, love working on old cars ( I've build serveral, currently have a 60 Chevy wagon). I just bought a concrete mixer from Lowes and I'm just as excited about it as any girl thing I've ever got.

minalost
08-15-2013, 03:45 PM
Dressing up like a girl; board games; dressing up like a girl; Magic: the Gathering; dressing up like.. oh, you got that...:) ; motorcycling, bicycling, reading (Science fiction and fantasy), movies (SF & F again and action).

Vintage4sarah
08-15-2013, 04:37 PM
Wow, what an interesting grouping of hobbies and talents!

I have been very active in historical reenacting for over 35 years. I have done Civil War, and still do WW I and WW II. I have even restored a WW II Jeep. Being on the lees active side now, I am getting back to model railroading. I am an avid walker, reader and traveler and I have hiked and camped in over 40 of our states. Right now, travel has become a yearly adventure with many foreign countries being checked off the list.

OH, did I say my femme side!

MargoLE
08-15-2013, 05:30 PM
Interest and hobbies, not in order:
ham radio
electric heli
computers
ancestry research, my family
oh, sleeping is something I do too and not just at night

Tracii G
08-15-2013, 05:31 PM
Love the reenactment themes I go to a few Civil War reenactments each year and its fun to watch.
Went to my first Ren Faire this year and I'm deff going to dress up for the next one.
Reliving times in history is very exciting.

regina young
08-15-2013, 05:52 PM
Tracii, love the guitars. I've never built one but would love to build me a Rosewood Tele with a humbucker in the rhythm pos. And dressing up for the Ren. Fair....oh my, that would be a treat. Perhaps a busty tavern winch. So many talented folks replying to this cool thread.
Regina

BLUE ORCHID
08-15-2013, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE=Princess Grandpa;

I could use many of you and your skills. I saw woodworkers, mechanics, I bet a couple of you understand 12 volt wiring.

Hug
Rita[/QUOTE]

Hi Rita, In my past life I was an automotive electrician and I've held a master electricians license for over forty years.
maybe I could answer a question or two for you.

Princess Grandpa
08-15-2013, 10:30 PM
Thanks Orchid. When I'm ready to attack that portion I will hit you up. I have a book to try and get some basics under my belt. Right at the moment i am prepping the deck. Then we paint the non skid and start putting her back together. * he says optomistically *

Hug
Rita

RADER
08-15-2013, 10:55 PM
Wood working, sailing an Inland Scow, Railroads and dressing
Rader

Tara D. Rose
08-16-2013, 12:55 AM
I love playing my guitar and singing, I do that about every other day it is so stress relieving. Plus I love to do oil paintings on canvas of landscapes, and animals. I love to see one of my paintings unfold as I use no model to go by, just what I see in my head. I used to like to go fishing, but nowadays I don't think I could stand to touch those icky worms. But back to the paintings, a lot of them hang on the walls in our house.

Tracii G
08-16-2013, 01:04 AM
Painting on canvas is fun just getting an idea is the hard part.
I do some airbrush work from time to time but its soo easy to mess up and hard to cover up the mess.
Photography is something I would like to get into sometime down the road.

DonnaA
08-16-2013, 05:34 AM
I was really surprised to see how many "girls" here are into cars. I am also a "car person". I love high-performance Mustangs. I've always had one. Ever since I was 16 years old (about 30 consecutive years), there hasn't been one day that I DIDN'T own a high-performance Mustang.

I also love science-fiction.

I love progressive rock and heavy metal music.

For many years, I've always known that crossdressers were into science-fiction and heavy metal music. Those interests seem to be (genetically?) linked to crossdressing. But the interest in cars was a surprise.

Princess Ken Hodges
08-16-2013, 05:37 AM
Im into online beauty shopping at Victoria Secret

xdressed
08-16-2013, 06:19 AM
Heavy Metal for me isn't so much a hobby as a whole way of life \m/ I'm mainly into Thrash Metal, Black Metal and Doom Metal but I love pretty much all of it as well as most similar forms of rock and some other genres such as Drum n Bass, Industrial, Aggrotech and some experimental music. As a result I also play bass and 'sing' in a Black Metal band and have dabbled in guitar and keyboards before. I'm also really into art and am studying Illustration at University, my main interest being a combination of fine art painting and comic books. Sci-fi and particularly Horror stories and films are also things I'm really into

Tracii G
08-16-2013, 12:46 PM
Rita I love the art work in comics and It can be fine art IMO.
Stan Lee's work is classic.Frank Frazetta was one of the coolest artists ever.

xdressed
08-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Who's Rita lol?

Charlotte Haynes
08-16-2013, 01:38 PM
Playing guitar...woodworking...playing soccer...Used to be mad keen on scale model building and sodomy, but I've reined myself in a bit...
C

Tracii G
08-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Your avatar says Hi I'm Rita LOL so I went with that.

FeliciaCDSNJ
08-16-2013, 02:24 PM
I love to play video games and watch movies, now I'm into graphic design as well. Not only do I do it as a hobby, but also getting my BFA in it as well.

xdressed
08-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Your avatar says Hi I'm Rita LOL so I went with that.

Oh dear Tracii you might need glasses lol, it say 'Ria', always has

Tracii G
08-16-2013, 03:07 PM
Oh snap!!! you are soo right LOL sorry about that!!

flatlander_48
08-17-2013, 09:15 AM
MAJOR motorsports fan since the mid-50's. Name a touring series of some significance and I've probably seen it somewhere. This covers F-1 to midgets, superspeedways, short tracks, dirt, asphalt and road courses (temporary and permanent) and everything in between. I've done driving schools for Legends cars, stock cars and pavement modifieds (Ken Bouchard's school at Thompson, CT, VERY cool!!). I've never owned a car with an automatic. Highlights include a 1970 Lotus Elan +2S that I had BC (Before Children) and currently a 2009 John Cooper Works MINI Clubman (one of about 120 from 45,000+ MINIs imported in 2009, 208hp, 147mph, 26/34/29 mpg). I collect motorsports books and I've had many autographed by the greats and near greats.

Attending motorsports events is also a good fit for one of my other hobbies, photography. I started with 35mm in about 1980. I moved to digital in 2005. I have a small collection of modern 35mm, vintage 35mm and a 4x5 Speed Graphic.

While I have MANY other interests, these 2 are the sustaining ones...

heellover
08-17-2013, 09:39 AM
Great thread!
So many different hobbies.
I have recently found my childhood small collection of 1/64 scale die-cast farm tractors and equipment,so I have a new interest in them and have begun to collect them,a few dozen so far. I also collect large scale farm toys.
And also I'm into HO trains quite heavily.
Oh I did I mention......I LOVE to collect HIGH HEELS!

cdterri
08-19-2013, 04:33 PM
Buying, riding, repairing, modifing, customising anything with 2 wheels and an engine.

SashaJade
08-19-2013, 05:28 PM
I'm a geek, I have been messing around with the raspberry pi for the last year and learning python. I have spent a lot of time lately programming and trying to figure out what automation I can do around the house with a humble raspberry pi. Along with getting Raspbmc overclocked on the pi, really pushing that processor.

Tracii G
08-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Wide range of hobbies here for sure.
What is a raspberry pi? LOL

SashaJade
08-19-2013, 05:56 PM
Raspberry pi is a small $35 computer that was originally made to get computers to kid in third world countries. It just happens to have a lot of I/O for tinkerers and because of its power and price its a nice little system.

Stacy L
08-20-2013, 01:52 AM

I like taking things apart. Now, if I could only remember how they go back together. :straightface:

Once upon a time I liked working on cars, heck, you could change the valve cover gaskets in no time, now you are lucky if you can even see the valve covers. :)

DDee
08-20-2013, 07:48 AM
Interest and Hobbies
Fishing
Hunting
Star Watching
and Anything with a motor

DDee