PDA

View Full Version : White shoes, black pantihose!

susan howard
12-23-2005, 02:24 PM
I wear a lot of demure outfits and always enjoy them.

However, my girlfriend thinks that i look tarty in white shoes and barely black pantihose.

I think that its a really sexy look especially with a shortish skirt and with my hair up.

Anyone have any feelings?

Julie York
12-23-2005, 02:49 PM
As a known and well respected forum expert on colour combinations!:D I will offer my opinion.

Sorry....all I know is white shoes don't go with anything but white (or pink). Any other colour and women start tutting and saying it looks 'tarty'.

But ....WHO CARES if you're having fun!!

SandraInHose
12-23-2005, 02:56 PM
I don't know about tarty, but when I see white shoes with black pantyhose, it screams "Minnie Mouse" to me!

Sorry if this comparison ruins it for you, but you asked...! :)

MsJordan
12-23-2005, 04:07 PM
White shoes and black stockings don't match. But hey if it floats you boat, the do you!! White shoes and white stockings or white shoes and nude/tan hose are much sexier to me.

Christina Nicole
12-23-2005, 05:06 PM
If the dear girl is offering you some constructive criticism in the spirit of helping you, then the gracious thing to do is to accept it. It is also a sign of good taste to accept such suggestions because, in this case, she's right.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Karen Francis
12-23-2005, 09:14 PM
If you are trying to call attention to yourself, like a "tart" as you say, you should wear any combination that you like. The real streetwalkers are in the marketing business, and outragous combinations seem to turn on some of their clients.
If you are trying to dress tastefully, the hosiery should always be lighter than the shoes, so white shoes( worn in the summer between Memorial Day and Labor Day) should only be worn with neutral or white pantyhose/stockings.
Of course darker color shoes give you more choices, but the total outfit should dictate the accesories, color, texture etc.
I don't sound too much like Miss Manners do I?

Jodi
12-23-2005, 09:14 PM
Black hose only with black shoes.

Jodi

Betty
12-23-2005, 09:50 PM
It can vary. Sometimes its nicer to wear one and others you look better in the opposite. Experiment....and have fun.

Angela Burke
12-23-2005, 10:50 PM
Susan,
Your girlfriend is perfectly correct.
Short skirt.
Black pantyhose.
White heels.
You'll look like a tart.
Yeah, but isn't it wonderful ?

Love Angela XX

kaliope
12-23-2005, 11:17 PM
Never. Way too trashy. Not becoming a lady

Tootsye
12-24-2005, 02:02 AM
Susan,
If it works for you go for it! I would never ever under any circumstacnes that I can imagine, wear them ! <g>
Hugs,
Tootsye

Deborah_UK
12-24-2005, 03:28 AM
white shoes, black hose??

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:D

caroline_cd_99
12-24-2005, 07:18 AM
White shoes with nude, suntan or white hose.

Kimberly
12-24-2005, 08:48 AM
As a known and well respected forum expert on colour combinations!:D I will offer my opinion.

Sorry....all I know is white shoes don't go with anything but white (or pink). Any other colour and women start tutting and saying it looks 'tarty'.
Yep.

:)

Clare
12-24-2005, 11:59 PM
White shoes and black stockings don't match. White shoes and white stockings or white shoes and nude/tan hose ...

If you are trying to dress tastefully, the hosiery should always be lighter than the shoes, so white shoes ... should only be worn with neutral or white pantyhose/stockings.

This about sums it up don't you think?

Reana
12-25-2005, 11:36 AM
Free advice is generally worth just what it costs. And, mine should have the same value placed upon it. lol I'm always open to any advice and usually give it due consideration but, the bottom line is to do whatever we, each, feel most comfortable with. Positive reinforcement of our own personal preferences is great to have but should only be "food for thought". The comments here relating to the "tarty" look just serve to encourage me get into my white 5" pumps and black p-hose for the remainder of the day. R.:)

Billijo49504
12-25-2005, 03:31 PM
:D :D White anything after Labor Day is tacky. A definate NO NO!!!!:D :D

a

suzy
12-25-2005, 03:37 PM
WELL! I never.....

I have never learned such a good lesson before... Of course...white shoes ONLY goes with nude, white ot pink hose!

Joanne_'jojo'
12-27-2005, 10:43 AM
Couldn't do it myself. The other way round, black shoes (flats or something a little more sensible) with white pantyhose with a long skirt just screams prepy (spelling ?) to me.
Maybe I'm thinking too many 80's movies but more of my kind of image :)

Joanne

Donna tv
12-27-2005, 05:07 PM
I agree thats a no no, white with white or nude has my vote

Rikki Elisabeth
12-27-2005, 09:27 PM
Oh my gawd!! What a social gafe!! You wear white hose with black shoes; you do NOT wear black hose with white shoes.

Honey, someone needs to take you shopping. Listen to mother: no white shoes with black hose, regardless of how lightly shaded they may be.

Mother is always right.