PDA

View Full Version : Tanneries or the Electric Beach or...

Sam-antha
12-23-2005, 02:38 PM
A goodly number of us girls seem to be keen on not being white/pink.
Therefore a few questions that will perhaps lend a helping hand to us and the others who do not go into the make believe mode for browness.

Stephanie Brooks
12-23-2005, 02:47 PM
Good lord Sam-antha,

My Dad worked at a tannery, but the skin that was coloured wasn't human. :p

Wendy me
12-23-2005, 02:58 PM
the sun or Electric Beach lets just say pale and pasty me ??? never...yes it is cold out so off to the Electric Beach for 3 to 4 times a week.........

Rachel Morley
12-23-2005, 10:50 PM
I used to use the natural sun and sunbeds in the winter for years. I now wish I hadn't :(

Unless I keep my skin moisturized all the time (especially after showering) it looks dry and old :( I live in sunny California but NEVER sunbathe. I sometimes layout in it in the shade with a book but never to tan.

I now use only modern (more expensive) fake tan from a bottle. It's safer and it doesn't age my skin. Also applying it auto-moisturizes too.

danielle1973
12-23-2005, 10:54 PM
hi girls,

i haven't been posting much but i should...i am blessed with lovely olive skin and even at the end of winter i still have a tan!!!!! i don't sunbake very often. i do like the look of porcelain skin though...

merry christmas to all

danni

robinLynn
12-23-2005, 11:07 PM
for me its off to the tanning bed

Robertacd
12-23-2005, 11:32 PM
Sol, its the real thing.

No fake and bake, dyes or artificial coloring added.:p

But I don't "sunbathe", it just happens from being outside.

Jon
12-23-2005, 11:34 PM
I have darker skin and wish it was a lot lighter!

Clare
12-24-2005, 09:28 PM
In the 80's, I was as brown as can be from suntanning, but since I have fair skin which is easily sun damaged, I'm now paying for those times!

I now rely on my pantyhose to 'colour' my legs, but I sometimes use fake tanning lotions to colour my upper body/arms to give some consistancy between the top and bottom parts of my body. Tan hose with white arms/shoulders sorta stands out ya know?

But generally, I rarely have the need for fake tanning lotions and I NEVER go out in the sun now!

Felicity
12-25-2005, 05:06 AM
Nothing fake for me. I enjoy the real sun in the summertime. However, the cooler times require a tanning bed. It is still UV light, better controlled than the suns balance between UVA and UVB rays. Keep the fake color or sprays to yourself. I have seen some really funny looking results from them. Remember when senator Kerry was orange during the election campaign?

I am a nice dark color, perhaps darker than in the summer. I enjoy the feeling and stress relief I get from tanning. I do use a daily aloe vera lotion to keep my skin in good shape. Tanning is good for you, not bad, unless you over do it.

Sam-antha
01-03-2006, 02:51 PM
Its January, and here we have had more sun since October than I remember during the entire summer. Sunbathing was never on in this year, nit enough at the proper time and too much now that it is too cold.
I just have to use the electric beach. Given the sun, I would give it a miss.

Christina Nicole
01-03-2006, 05:46 PM
If one must have a tan, the lotions or sprays are the best way to get that tan. The slowly tanning over the course of the summer while using a high SPF sunscreen is almost OK. Using an electic tanning bed is a shortcut to skin cancer. Reference: WebMD (http://www.webmd.com/content/article/75/89782.htm).

We are outside nearly all summer long. I use a lot of SPF 45 sunscreen. UV exposure is not your friend.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Lissa Stevens
01-03-2006, 05:49 PM
I have used Tan Secret. It is easy to use and people tell me it looks real. Maybe they don't want to tell me it looks horrible, I don't know but I like it.

Sam-antha
01-05-2006, 10:53 AM
It would seem, Wendy and Robin, that we are in a minority of five of the 33 respondents. Bet they do not have the good feeling coming out of the sun lounge in winter, onto the pavement with icy wind and darkness. Must admit that since I have started using a SAD lamp, I do not want to go tanning quite so much. Currently around twice in five weeks or so.