PDA

View Full Version : And The Beat Goes On

Julie Gaum
08-17-2013, 07:25 PM
One step forward and two back:
Germany today became the first Euopean country to permit a third gender on a new birth certificate. A bit ambiguous without reading the entire law but supposedly for babies born as hermaphrodites -- parents don't have to decide immediately which gender to put on the certificate. However the law goes on to say that it is also for "persons who feel deeply that they belong in a certain gender." Seems like it leaves the door wide open, which may be a good move.
The Arizona legislators are now debating a law designed to overturn a Phoenix law: requires birth certificates if a person appearing (my words) to be of a gender that wants to use the opposite gender's bathroom. Does that mean that everyone in Arizona must now carry a birth certificate? Would also negate anyone who was born of one gender and now is of the other, IMO. Ridiculous
And a Colorado school district banned a 6-year-old boy from using the girls' bathroom. Reason offered was " that it would cause a serious impact when that boy grows older". Nothing mentioned whether the child is on first stages of transitioning or not but the parents are suing.
No further comment needed by me.
Julie
Don't believe these are media subjects but rather general information IMO

Beverley Sims
08-18-2013, 03:22 AM
Julie,
What you mention is a changing attitude in society.
I have seen many posted here and on news forums.
Some countries do allow ambiguous sex identity on passports these days.
I reflect how attitudes have changed even over the last twenty years.
I saw girls naked on television the other night, they were swearing also.
That was not the first time either. :)

noeleena
08-18-2013, 04:24 AM
Hi,

I would have to say after the our German phamisuticales messed up so many of our others with drugs that created issues with our body 's = intersex, maybe not many in the eyes of the public yet 10.000 of us known ,its about time we were given our right of birth back after all we'v had to put up with for over 60 years, so we now can or our Mom's & Dads have a say,

As a ? i wonder will we be accepted more so now, or will it take time to be accepted

Glad to hear it, thats really lovely, we can be who we are with out all the carry on.

Unser Leben in unsere H'a'nde, wundersch'o'e = our life in our hands, wonderfull

...noeleena...

BLUE ORCHID
08-18-2013, 07:12 AM
Hi Julie, It's sure not the same world that we grew up in.
And there's that California law that you spoke about last week
The world is going to Hell in a hand basket.

Tina B.
08-18-2013, 07:52 AM
The farther we move forward, the more some areas of society will try to pull us back, all we can do is keep pushing forward!
Let's all hope the parents of that 6 year old wins!