PDA

View Full Version : Meeting young Trans people

Tracii G
08-18-2013, 11:48 PM
Today was interesting and quite a new experience for me.
It was 100% enfemme day for me going about my day nothing out of the ordinary.
Stopped at a grocery I don't frequent much to pick up a few things.
Did my shopping and picked an open check out lane.Loaded my items on the belt and fished thru my purse for customer card and my wallet.
My check out girl turned out to be a very pretty trans girl about 19- 20 years old.I smiled and said hi hows your day?
Her eyes lit up and she said its been a great day thanks so much.
She gave me the once over and she said gosh you look so fabulous I love the maxi dress its beautiful..I said thanks I appreciate it.
I asked if she had totally transitioned and she said OMG that seems like a long way off but I plan on it one day. She said was it hard to transition? I told her I hadn't gone that far either LOL
She said wow really I would have never guessed you weren't post op.
All my bags were ready to go so we said our goodbyes and she said please come thru my line again I would love to chat with you I have soo many questions.
I told her I would.
So a totally new friend made today so maybe we can help each other in the future.:)

Alexis.j
08-19-2013, 03:11 AM
That's a lucky shopping trip... hopefully a friendship might develop??

SaraNZ
08-19-2013, 03:21 AM
Great story... I feel the world is slowly waking up! For a trans person to be working at the checkout of a supermarket, not exactly the place to work if you want to go unseen is, I believe, a sign the the world is maturing 1 generation at a time (or at least I hope so).

On a side note but not totally unrelated...today was the first day here in NZ that homosexual couples could marry...so proud of our little nation at the moment!

Small steps

stellar
08-19-2013, 03:25 AM
I agree Sara was a good day in the land of the long white cloud

Shelly Preston
08-19-2013, 03:28 AM
Tracii, that sounds wonderful for both of you.

I am sure you made her day.

Beverley Sims
08-19-2013, 04:37 AM
See, you can out people and meet them successfully , "if you do it right".
Good for you Tracii.

Rogina B
08-19-2013, 05:06 AM
And that is when those contact cards come in handy..You made a new friend that may want to contact you!

Angela Campbell
08-19-2013, 05:08 AM
Oh yes that instant connection. I would have offered my number.

Alexis.j
08-19-2013, 06:13 AM
Well, I just got home now from shopping for some fabric, on the way home I stopped at mac donalds for a bite. There was a friendly gay guy that attended to us, then an very friendly tg/ts handed me my food, all smiles. Maby the society is givibg us a little gap.....

Mollyanne
08-19-2013, 06:18 AM
That made you happy and made her day as well!!!!!! You rock Tracii, you R E A L L Y do!!!!!!

Molly

Kandy Barr
08-19-2013, 06:33 AM
How exciting Tracii, sounds like you've made a new friend. Perhaps you will get the opportunity to tell her about our forum if she doesn't already know. You always seem to run into the most interesting situations gf, good for you. YOU ROCK !!!!!!!!!

BLUE ORCHID
08-19-2013, 06:41 AM
Hi Tracii, It sounds like you may turn out to be her mentor.

Tracii G
08-19-2013, 11:09 AM
We exchanged email info so maybe she will contact me.
Kroger grocery stores are trans friendly. I have one sister from my trans group that works at a different location.

xdressed
08-19-2013, 12:16 PM
Sounds like an awesome meeting for both of you, I'd love to have that.

jenni_xx
08-19-2013, 12:39 PM
There is a tg who works in my local supermarket - I say supermarket - it's in one of the "express" stores that are popping up in towns around the UK.

I can't work out whether she is male-to-female or female-to-male however. Stubble on the chin, yet with breasts. I'm thinking that she's transitioning from female-to-male, but as it stands, that's just a guess.

Anyway, I admire her/him. And he/she is lovely. Really friendly, always presents her/himself with a smile.

Someone on this thread (I apologise, without looking back at the thread I can't remember who), says that it's good that such people are becoming more predominant in society. I can't, nor won't argue with that. Other than saying, it's not good, it's actually great!!! These are the kind of people who I feel we should all look up to, not the ones who go out, late at night, walking ten yards from their car in the hope that no one will see them. But having said that, I do recognise that it's baby steps. And those 10 yard walks from the car in the dark are precisely that.

But then I can't help but feel that there are many moire who don't take those 10 steps, and yet there remains so many (if not all of us) who want to be accepted by society. The answer therefore is obvious is it not?

Don your skirts, be proud of yourselves, have some courage, and just be who you want to be, who you are. Get out there, and enjoy.

arbon
08-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Thats weird - she has obviously transitioned, why would you ask if she had totally transitioned and why would she ask if transitioning is hard?

Tracii G
08-19-2013, 02:23 PM
Arbon she obviously was on hormones so I just came out and asked because how would I know if I didn't ask?
She assumed or thought I had already had SRS surgery because my boobs were kind of on display to some degree.
I think questions asked by someone just like her would not be taken badly.

arbon
08-19-2013, 02:45 PM
So really you wanted to know if she had srs? Why in the world would you need to know that? Why would you ask a woman, who is working at her work place, if she has totally transitioned? Because your curious?

Is that what she was asking back - is getting srs hard?

Because she is already working as a woman so I would think she has already transitioned for all intents and pruposses, she would know how hard it is! It makes no sense that she would have to ask if it is hard or not.
... unless may be she is switching back and forth , man and woman, every other day for work?

If someone came into my work place and asked me that they would get a boot to the head!

Persephone
08-19-2013, 02:59 PM
Beautiful!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Tracii G
08-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Arbon the other trans girl I know that works for that company is working as a female but has not had SRS yet so My question was valid.Just because one presents/works as a female does not mean they have fully transitioned you know that.
It wasn't like I was screaming when I asked the question, there was no other person to overhear my question.
My assumption was she meant did I have trouble with the surgery. I explained I hadn't gone thru it. I was just trying to be friendly to her, she wasn't offended by my question at all.
For all I know she may have just come out at work hell IDK.
No sense in jumping on me.

Brooklyn
08-19-2013, 08:21 PM
That's wonderful! I've had similar experiences, and always take note of the businesses and companies that are cool about hiring TG people.

kimdl93
08-19-2013, 08:34 PM
That's so great, Tracii! I'm sure she will appreciate being able to gain insights from your experience!

Tracii G
08-20-2013, 01:07 AM
We swapped a few emails tonight and she seems very nice.I did say I hoped I didn't upset her in anyway by saying anything at her work and she said she was glad I did.
She said people look at her and can't quite figure out if she is a boy or a girl so she said she is used to it.
We had a nice chat for about 30 min.

Tina B.
08-21-2013, 10:58 AM
Traci, you just walked into the right line at the right time, I think it could turn out to be a great meeting for both of you.

larry
08-21-2013, 11:24 AM
Wow--Talk about having an attitude. Hope I never run into you !

So really you wanted to know if she had srs? Why in the world would you need to know that? Why would you ask a woman, who is working at her work place, if she has totally transitioned? Because your curious?

Is that what she was asking back - is getting srs hard?

Because she is already working as a woman so I would think she has already transitioned for all intents and pruposses, she would know how hard it is! It makes no sense that she would have to ask if it is hard or not.
... unless may be she is switching back and forth , man and woman, every other day for work?

If someone came into my work place and asked me that they would get a boot to the head!