PDA

View Full Version : I really felt I had made it.

I Am Paula
08-19-2013, 04:09 PM
Last Saturday I attended a casual house warming, of about a half dozen couples. I knew the hosts only. After wine and lots of Chinese takeout, the party moved inside, where the men sat at the dining table for cigars and brandy, and us women went to the living room end.
Seven women (coincidentally all in maxi dresses) sat around gabbing until 3:00 a.m.
Never once was- my transexuallity/sexuality/presentation questioned, or commented on. It was like a zen moment, where I realized I had broken thru, and was TRULY one of them.
I have been on cloud nine since. It was the first time I never once questioned-acceptance or tolerance?
Just had to share. I'm still smiling.

RADER
08-19-2013, 05:13 PM
You are a very lucky person to achieve this level of acceptance.
I can understand your cloud nine status, I would love to be like you
to achieve this status. Besides smoking is bad for your health.
What did you all talk about, and where you able to contributed
to the conservation.
Rader

Persephone
08-19-2013, 05:16 PM
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Awesome!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Lorileah
08-19-2013, 06:00 PM
When you fit in you fit in...didn't you miss the brandy though? :)

JohnH
08-19-2013, 06:10 PM
I would have missed the brandy and the cigars. Anyway, congratulations for fitting in so well. :)

On the other hand, I would have preferred wearing a maxi-dress instead of those dull stuffy monkey suits with the noose. Also, even when I am sort of en homme now I feel as if I get along with genetic women much better than most men. I guess when the mood strikes me I could smoke a cigar and drink brandy in the comfort of my home out on the patio.

Johanna

IamSara
08-19-2013, 08:23 PM
Congrats on finding you fit in so well. Well, maybe it is that your friends accept you for you and not for what they had thought they wanted you to be or were portraying. 4

Keep smiling girl you deserve it!!!

kimdl93
08-19-2013, 08:29 PM
Congratulations, Celeste! You've definitely made it!

StephanieC
08-19-2013, 08:34 PM
Very cool

I Am Paula
08-19-2013, 09:35 PM
I sent my sister (and best friend) this OT by email. This is her response. I cried. At this point Hallmark cards make me cry, but none the less, her caring brings me all kinds of joy.

"How wonderful. Your gentle, feminine energy is attractive to women, and I can see them being themselves around you. You probably look in the mirror and see something quite different to what other women see. I noticed it right away. You are a woman, not a man wearing makeup."

Ann Louise
08-19-2013, 10:09 PM
That's so wonderful Celeste!

bas1985
08-20-2013, 12:15 AM
Think also the other way round: if you did not transition and stood with the men and cigars... the other party would look at you like an alien, I don't know... but when I stand with only men I see myself strange. As others have said... next time you can dare to put on a dress like the others, because you know you have been accepted.