PDA

View Full Version : And then it hit me... (kinda funny, then kinda long)

Stacy M.
08-19-2013, 07:17 PM
So...I was recently looking for motivation to lose ten pounds. The first thing that popped into my head was "Well, my Little Black Dress would fit better!". The next thought I had was...

"Jeez, maybe I really AM a crossdresser!"

As soon as I opened my mind honestly to the possibility, the gestalt hit: all the memories, still sharp and clear and happy after all these years, of all the times I'd played around with female things over my lifetime. There were a lot! So, soon I was Googling "crossdressing", and came across this forum. After reading a ton of material in a couple of days, I found my story to be all too familiar: the collecting, the purging, and so on. Another line I came across was "a dude in a dress", and I realized that one thing that had felt weird to me was that I had never really dressed all the way -- with a wig and makeup. I'd played with makeup a couple of times, but never had the nerve to get a wig. After reading this forum, I decided I had to try it out!

I picked one day to take several steps for the first time: I went to the MAC counter at my local Macy's and told the SA "I need some concealer and foundation." She asked, "Is this for you?" And I said, "Well, yeah." She didn't even blink, just looked at my complexion, pulled out a sponge, and tried a couple of samples on the back of my hand. No problem! (I'm pretty sure I saw a sister come up to the counter while I was there, but she walked away since the SAs were all busy).

Then, that afternoon, I took a deep breath and walked into a local wig/beauty shop. A large, fit man came out and asked if he could help me, and I said, "I need a wig." Just like that. He asked if it was for me, and said "Well, yeah" (smooth, huh?). He looked at my eyes and complexion, then led me a private area, and went to choose a few wigs for me to try. He was very helpful and friendly, happy to set me up to look as good as possible. He told me to take it home and play with it for awhile, and when I wanted the bangs trimmed, there'd be no charge. Then, he told me he knew someone who could help me with makeup if I wanted!

On the way home, I stopped to pick up some rice at the grocery store, and a variety of makeup from the drug store. I made some gigantic breast forms that night, then made them half as big, then half as big again, until they looked somewhat normal.

Okay...so, I put on pantyhose, little black flats, a bra, and my new rice forms. I dressed in one of the few dresses I have, none of which really fit right. Then for the big steps. I put on some makeup (it didn't look too clownish), and slipped on the wig. Gasp! It looked really weird at first. But after a few minutes of walking around and looking at myself in the mirrors, it suddenly started to feel just right. Like just what I'd been needing -- to complete the look, make the full attempt to look as much like a woman as possible. in my mind, the image of two Lego bricks snapping together formed. It felt like two parts of my personality were joined for the first time.

So, thanks to all the people who contribute to this forum, I've taken several big steps in a short amount of time. It only took about two weeks of reading this forum to get my nerve up to do all this. What a revelation it's been!!!

Cynthia Anne
08-19-2013, 07:27 PM
Hi Stacy! Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you are off to good start in a big way! Main thing is to have fun!

Phoebe Reece
08-19-2013, 08:00 PM
Stacy, if you want to make an even bigger step, you might want to look into attending the Southern Comfort Conference in Atlanta. You can learn more there in an even shorter time. It's coming up very soon - September 4-7.

docrobbysherry
08-19-2013, 08:53 PM
Do NOT underestimate how strong the motivation to look good is to many of us, Stacy!

I felt I needed to lose about 20 pounds when I got serious about dressing 5 years ago. I go thru periods when because of social events, some of it goes back on. But, the thot/look of that spare tire oozing around in my outfits means it always comes back off ASAP!

Julie Denier
08-19-2013, 09:16 PM
Welcome, Stacy! Sounds like you're headed in the right direction. And losing a few pounds definitely can make a difference in your femme look. I know it has for me ;)

heatherdress
08-19-2013, 10:26 PM
Hi Stacy - Welcome and thanks for sharing your discovery. I admire your approach and encourage you to continue to explore, to discover, to learn and to grow. Have fun.

I never would have thought a few years ago that I would find so much pleasure and enjoyment and peace dressing as a woman. I stumbled into dressing. When I tried on my first pair of high heels, I knew that I had to go all the way. I wish I had discovered dressing sooner. Crossdressing has enriched my life.

Good luck.

Beverley Sims
08-20-2013, 01:35 AM
Trouble is when fitting big forms you can gain a pound or two.
Your new target weight then increases.

BLUE ORCHID
08-20-2013, 06:37 AM
Hi Stacy, It sounds like things are moving quickly.

Mollyanne
08-20-2013, 06:48 AM
Hi Stacy, WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!! When accepting "who U R", its a wonderful and rewarding experience to fully accommodate those WONDERFUL feelings. I have been crossdressing all my life (since GOD made dirt) and the only thing missing is becoming a real girl.

Molly

Stacy L
08-20-2013, 12:57 PM

Hi Stacy, I see a large pink fog coming your way :)

Stacy M.
08-20-2013, 03:22 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Phoebe, I would LOVE to attend the SCC. It's really close to my house. But I don't think the missus is ready for that yet. It sounds like that Wednesday would be a good day to hit Perimeter Mall, though...I read about Princess Day. I don't have a single outfit fit for the public (yet).

Stacy L, I was lost in a pink fog for two weeks after I found this forum! It was wonderful, but very, very distracting. I eventually broke through the fog into clear air.

Alison1842
08-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Half the fun with make up is just trying. Looking like a clown is almost a achievement some days. Learning what works is as much about learning what does not :-) Its a real process of experimentation.

My biggest problem is wigs. This part of me has always wanted long hair. Problem is the other part of me has only ever dealt with hair upto about 3/4" long. Working out how to get on with 1'+ long wig is - has been a comical affair to say the least. But its about learning. Big part of that is just trying things.

Same goes for clothes. To me this is something more than cross dressing. This side of me has a diffrent personality - style. Discovering what i like - dislike and what works or fails miserably is half the fun.

As to breasts, lol i think most cross dressers end up going down in size from initial attempts not up! I think that's down to a typical male based thought!

MsRenee
08-20-2013, 04:47 PM
I hear you there Heather my girl asked me the other day if I wish I had started dressing earlier.
I said yes of course but have no reason to be upset I didnt causeyears ago I knew nothing about it and now today Ive gotten pretty good at it.
Hugs
Renee