PDA

View Full Version : 95% of CD's are heterosexual is it true (A Survey)

Ellie52
08-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Would it be counterproductive to put this to the test?
I read in quite a few articles that 95% of people who crossdress have happy heterosexual relationships. Lately on this forum I have noticed a lot of threads regarding CD's and relationships. It would be interesting to put it to the test with 100 replies.
There is no right or wrong answer nand Im not judging anybody all I want i8s to see if the internet is correct. Ellie

1) Totally heterosexual and happily married.
2) Bi and happily married
3) Gay and happy

ReineD
08-19-2013, 07:46 PM
I've seen statistics from different countries on the prevalence of LGBT in the total population (anywhere from 3% to 5-6%). But I've not seen recent statistics on hetero CDers. A rather large study by Docter & Prince (1997) determined that 84% of CDers are hetero, with the other 13% describing themselves as bisexual, asexual, or homosexual. The divorce rate was quite high (40%), but then it is high in the rest of the population too.

I don't imagine these figures have changed much.

kathyw
08-19-2013, 07:53 PM
number 1

heatherdress
08-19-2013, 07:55 PM
Ellie - Survey will not work. Only choice is "heterosexual AND happily married". There are many heterosexual and happily married. There are also may more heterosexual and - divorced, unhappily married, widowed, single, engaged, separated etc.

Same for bi and gay.

Happily married is unnecessary if you are simply trying to determine CD sexual orientation.

kimdl93
08-19-2013, 07:55 PM
It's not a particularly good vehicle for sampling.

Lady Catherine
08-19-2013, 07:59 PM
Choice 1 should simply be Heterosexual. Shouldn't include the married part. Irrelevant. I am happily married, but don't limit the folks who answer.

Dee Baker
08-19-2013, 08:02 PM
I’m looking at the possibilities of surveying the people I train on my job. There is a website (SurveyMonkey) where I can sign up for a free account and build custom surveys.

Quite frankly I’m surprised that this site doesn’t survey. I know there can be complications however one would think that there could be some level of control on a site like this ie must be member to take survey, can only answer once etc.

I would think that specific surveys ie sexual orientation should yield fairly accurate results from this site especially given the broad geographical base of members here.

I would consider opening a (SurveyMonkey) account to do surveys here. Maybe I need to check the forum rules.
I am somewhat of a geek as I look at/work with data every work day, I think it would be interesting to see results of actual polls here.

Maybe this is something for another post.

Dee

Seana Summer
08-19-2013, 08:03 PM

This will not give you a true representative sample, if you are really a graduate student doing a thesis on crossdressers you probably wont get this past your committee, but it may be interesting to see the results.

The only thing I don't like about this:thinking::thinking::thinking: is that I hope it doesn't divide us who are on the discussion board into 3 groups. I rather enjoy conversing and reading about others who see the world differently than I do.

Robin777
08-19-2013, 08:08 PM
Number 1

My wife also helps me buy clothes so I am doubly happy.

Raychel
08-19-2013, 08:16 PM
Number 1 for me as well.

stephNE
08-19-2013, 08:17 PM
Number 1 - absolutely 100%

franlee
08-19-2013, 08:23 PM
No. 1 and happy.

Beth Wilde
08-19-2013, 08:26 PM
3 for me!

Rachelakld
08-19-2013, 08:30 PM
No. 1 now,
previously hetero and unhappily married,

Rhonda Darling
08-19-2013, 08:31 PM
#1, but with committed relationship - wife passed away quite some time ago.

Leann68
08-19-2013, 08:40 PM
I fall in the # 1 range

PaulaQ
08-19-2013, 08:43 PM
I'm unsure how to answer the survey.

I'm definitely crossdressed, haven't started any physical transition stuff right now. (soon I hope...) I'm separated, so I can't answer happily married - that situation is unhappy. Since I'm on the way to becoming female, am I gay or straight if I stll like girls? For that matter, how do I answer if I have no sex drive whatsoever? (I hate being a guy so much I can't even think about sex - with anyone under any circumstances right now.)

Julie Gaum
08-19-2013, 08:45 PM
I would believe that ReineD's percent is closer to correct than any survey that you could possibly make on this or any other Internet site. About 85% is what I've come up with after 12 years of checking as many sources as possible. My professor of statistics at college warned of picking samples that initially are flawed --- every Forum, or whichever, draw participants of certain spectrums or variables in views, orientations, inclinations, etc. An example, extreme perhaps, would be to pick a populated community bordering the northern end of Hudson Bay to learn what their favorite style in bathing suits might be. Anyhow, have fun.
Julie

docrobbysherry
08-19-2013, 08:46 PM
Ellie - Survey will not work. Only choice is "heterosexual AND happily married". There are many heterosexual and happily married. There are also may more heterosexual and - divorced, unhappily married, widowed, single, engaged, separated etc.

Guess that makes me a minus 1? It's ok, Ellie. I'm used to getting slapped around here!

Dee Baker
08-19-2013, 08:51 PM
No. 1 now,
previously hetero and unhappily married,

So you were previously a "cross" dresser?

Leona
08-19-2013, 08:55 PM
I'm unsure how to answer the survey.

I'm definitely crossdressed, haven't started any physical transition stuff right now. (soon I hope...) I'm separated, so I can't answer happily married - that situation is unhappy. Since I'm on the way to becoming female, am I gay or straight if I stll like girls? For that matter, how do I answer if I have no sex drive whatsoever? (I hate being a guy so much I can't even think about sex - with anyone under any circumstances right now.)

In my view, after you've transitioned, you're not only no longer TS, if you still prefer women, you'll be a lesbian. You won't be a GG lesbian, you'll be a lesbian "with a past". If I were transitioning, I'm fairly sure one of the things I'd be looking forward to was spending time with a man when I get a vagina, but I'd end up being lesbian. Girls are just amazingly attractive.

As to answering the survey, I don't want to answer. It's subject to sampling bias (people who have joined here have self-selected being here, and you're only going to get a subset of that group). Also, the choices, as has been pointed out, are too restrictive. So there is absolutely no way this survey will be able to confirm or deny the hypothesis, the methodology is just too screwed up.

However, I want to say I'm "Heterosexual, but occasionally love fooling with a penis that's not mine".

GeorgeA
08-19-2013, 08:57 PM
#1 even though not married

Chrissy52
08-19-2013, 08:59 PM
Number 1 37 years happy and in Love

Leslie Langford
08-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Heterosexual and married - yes. Happily married? The jury's still out on that one. Maybe 10 out of the 42 married years to date?

Why do I stay? Too many complications associated with divorce, plus the fact that the devil you know is better than the one you don't, as the saying goes...:sad: :doh:

Princess Grandpa
08-19-2013, 09:04 PM
Anecdotal evidence is no evidence at all. I see an awful lot of hook ups going on when we go hang out on tgirl nights. It seems a lot of CD seem to lose that hetero inclination with other tgirls. Could just be because its a club and all.

Hug
Rita

Vickie_CDTV
08-19-2013, 09:08 PM
The actual phrasing of the original question is problematic; of the entire population of men who crossdress, I doubt 95% of them are even in a relationship at a given time (of the entire population of men, the percentage who are single is greater than 5%; the percentage of men who are in a hetero marriage who are unhappy in their marriage is greater than 5%)

Personally I am 4) hetero, all alone and miserable.

Jilmac
08-19-2013, 09:10 PM
I'll go with 1 but with one exception, happily widowed.

Gretchen_To_Be
08-19-2013, 09:10 PM
#1, and I think coming out to my wife will ensure we will remain happily married.

MissTee
08-19-2013, 09:28 PM
#1 AND very,very happy being with my supportive spouse of 35 years.

MysticLady
08-19-2013, 09:31 PM
3) Gay and happy

How about....... Experienced and Happy :D

drushin703
08-19-2013, 09:45 PM
Hetero and single, not married.
Not homosexual,
Not bisexual,
Not transexual,
Not bi-curious,
Not gender-queer

but happy as hell......dana

josrphine
08-19-2013, 09:49 PM
I am #2 an have a great GG. When I am a women I act like one, so If a guy interest me and he knows that I am a C D an likes what he see. Well I will . JO

sandra-leigh
08-19-2013, 10:03 PM
Not happy, so I do not fit any of the categories.

Dani0948
08-19-2013, 10:03 PM
Totally hetero. Happily married (28 years). Hope to come out to her soon.

Ellie52
08-19-2013, 10:08 PM
I apologise if I phrased the question wrong. A better selection would be?
1) Heterosexual
2) Bisexual
3) Gay

Also, the question was 95% of crossdressers are heterosexual. Why ask the general public who are not crossdressers. What better place to ask this question than on a forum of crossdressers?.Please keep the comments coming ...Ellie
Ps just a bit of fun, and interesting, not scientific

Launa
08-19-2013, 10:21 PM
Number 1

My wife also helps me buy clothes so I am doubly happy.

I'm in the #1 category too. My wife has been buying me clothes, jewelry, makeup for past last year and trying to help perfect my looks so they can be the best as they can possibly be!

She has also just started trying to push and encourage me to go out the door into the public light!

Marcia Blue
08-19-2013, 11:10 PM
#1 and married

I think a blind survey would be more accurate, than one on an open forum.

Barbara Dugan
08-19-2013, 11:16 PM
#3...I believe just 95% claim to be hetero the real percentage we may never know

Lorileah
08-19-2013, 11:16 PM
and thus you see why the polls are disabled on this forum.

UNDERDRESSER
08-19-2013, 11:19 PM
I'll put down #1. Straight and in a committed hetero relationship.

paulaloha
08-19-2013, 11:57 PM
1 and single

ossian
08-20-2013, 12:06 AM
1 and I love my wife and she loves me.

whowhatwhen
08-20-2013, 12:12 AM

Wait... what kind of polls are we talking about here?

Druscilla Supernovae
08-20-2013, 12:54 AM
Number 1 for me but I'm not married. I will never get married. Too happy being just me.

Beverley Sims
08-20-2013, 01:27 AM
One is my answer here.

Zylia
08-20-2013, 01:30 AM

I can't say I do. What's the thing about this tread that warrants disabling polls?

prene
08-20-2013, 01:32 AM
3) Gay and happy

1.1) 99% Hetero but when I am dressed I do think a lot about being 100% girl(bi-curious) ... and single , yes happy most of the time

Amanda M
08-20-2013, 01:46 AM
1. Simple. Let´s not take the statistical validity of this to seriously!

erickka
08-20-2013, 05:27 AM
This forum used to support polls like this, but as Lorileah said, the were disabled a couple of years ago.....due to the antics and off topic rubbish (among other problems) that seem to fester in these things. IMO, the moderators did the right thing here.

Sarah Beth
08-20-2013, 05:35 AM
#2 for me and happily married for 39 years now. It hasn't all been roses but it has lasted and she has known about my dressing for 34 of the 39 years although not always on board with it.

iGenny
08-20-2013, 05:57 AM
(1) Hetero and also married.
This little survey is a fun idea. I liked the 'how tall are you' survey a little while back which showed that we're no taller or shorter than the whole male population - I kinda liked knowing that in some ways I'm still like everyone else.

BLUE ORCHID
08-20-2013, 06:20 AM
Hi Ellie, Except for the hi-heels, Wigs & Silicon forms I'm all guy happily married 49.5yrs.

AndreaCD1963
08-20-2013, 06:33 AM
2, with a lean towards 3, but in a happy committed hetro relationship. I'm sure a shrink would have fun with that mess! LOL

samanthasolo
08-20-2013, 06:59 AM
#1 Married, committed, and totally in love with my wife! I would like to add that while dressed there is somewhat of a bi curious. Not to the extent of being attracted to an actual man, but more of actually wanting to be the woman and feeling what a woman really feels when she is being adored and made love to. I am willing to venture that those feelings are very prevalent to most others. I do love when my wife flips roles. But it really boils down to us being lesbian at that point

DDee
08-20-2013, 07:25 AM
Well I would of said a#1 up until a few years ago . I'm thinking I'm a #2 now because of my thoughts and fantasies when I dress. I most likely will never find out unless a chance arises and I wouldn't chicken out lol

DDee

Marleena
08-20-2013, 07:30 AM
I don't qualify for this thread but I would assume Reine's quote of about 85% would be more accurate if everybody was truthful..

Now there was one former member who claimed all CD members were gay or well on their way to being gay!:brolleyes:

Jessica S
08-20-2013, 07:42 AM
# 1 - Totally heterosexual and I am also happily married.

SandraV
08-20-2013, 07:45 AM
Is there a 1.5??
I'm a 1, hetero and happily married. Admitedly I find myself bi curious, yet certainly not planning on acting on this. Have those wonderful vows to keep and a beautiful Mrs to keep happy.

Juliea661
08-20-2013, 07:46 AM
Number 1 for sure. But....
...but I agree your choices are too limited.
...and, that is my body, or male mode (90% of of my waking life) speaking....
Speaking for Jules...., well THAT might be a different story...
Male mode (speaking) is 100% loving and loyal to his most loving beautiful supportive wife, AND considers himself blessed. Jules (speaking) also loves male mode's wife and is good friend with her. But..., Jules would love to be Bi - she thinks...??? But of course in this life, in this shared body, she never will be Bi...
Does anyone relate when I speak in terms of two selves...?
At least for me (Jules speaking) when I'm all dolled up, I feel, act, and think as all 100% girl... A girl who loves and admires ALL women, and..., a girl who fantasizes (like most girls, I suppose) of being in love and making love with a delicious loving romantic kind man... (And yes, both selves believe such men exist, at least on some planet. Yes joking again, about the planet that is...)
So besides a little touched in the head (just joking), what category do I fall into...??? LOL
Hugs, Jules

Ressie
08-20-2013, 07:49 AM
If you are happily married but your wife doesn't know you're a CD, this happiness isn't based on honesty. I've been honest in my relationships and one marriage, and the honesty didn't make the SO very happy in any of them.

I don't fit neatly into any of the 3 categories, but my sexual experience history would indicate I'm 95% heterosexual.

Juliea661
08-20-2013, 07:59 AM
...oh and I wanted to also say, I believe, psychologically speaking, if you consider your self all girl when dressed, acting and thinking as 100% girl when dressed, would being attracted to men when dressed and in such mental state be considered "gay"...? Personally, I don't think it would. To the outside observer yes of it course would - but would it be to you while in such a female state of mind... Now I'm talking about someone, like myself, who while in male mode has absolutely zero attraction to men, yet who assumes a total female state of mind when dressed.
This of course leads back to the point many have made already; we need more categories of choices for such a " survey to be accurate and truly meaningful.....
Hugs, Jules

TGMarla
08-20-2013, 08:03 AM
Number 1 all the way here, for what it's worth.

robindee36
08-20-2013, 08:20 AM
I agree with all the girls here who point out this can not be a valid statistical exercise as the sample pool is pretty biased. However, taken as just a bit of fun between girls, not a bad endeavor.

Why do we continue to attempt to put ourselves into little boxes and ascribe labels to what we seem to enjoy so much. Does this add to our enjoyment of dressing or simply cause mental consternation? My take is that court is still out on what we do, who we are supposed to be and how we are supposed to behave. Why not just have fun with it and leave it at that.

My fit in the survey??? Not a 1 and not a 3. Kinda 2ish if that is where the Lipstick Lesbians fit. OMG, have I just created another little box with an alpha designation, LL?

Thanks for the entertaining thread.

Hugs, Robin

Meg East
08-20-2013, 08:25 AM
1, happily married and out of the closet for twenty years which may be why I am happily married.

Jaylyn
08-20-2013, 08:44 AM
I usually don't participate in surveys but I'll answer this one with number 1. I have been married to the same love of my life for forty-two years. We have had the greatest life together so far. Has the road always been a happy one? Every marriage has trials especially in the early stages but we had one rule from the first and that was we would never go to bed angry with each other. When we fussed and fumed we simply would not go to bed at night till we had worked thru our problem. Yes there has been a few nights in the beginning that we talked until the wee hours of the morning, but we always could reach a compromise. We don't fuss and fight anymore, and are very accepting of each other at this point in our lives. We plan on living life to the fullest, the lovinest, and desire that we make each other the happiest. We don't keep secrets from each other ( except at birthdays) and have always been out in the open with our problems. She knows I like wearing sexy women's things and makeup when my feminine side comes out. She helps me pick out clothes and is very accepting of my dressing. We have many interests that are the same. She enjoys lots of what is usually not a GG accepted norm. She hunts, camps and fishes tournaments with me. I help her and she helps me and our friends know we are still very much in love at the age of 63 and 61. We are happy, happy, happy. Definitely a number one on the survey.

melissakozak
08-20-2013, 08:49 AM
#2...all the way....

StacyPump
08-20-2013, 12:27 PM
I suppose honesty would have me as a #2. Although I am happily married, and have never actually been with a man, I do fantasize about it when I am dressed, or when I fantasize about dressing.

Allison Chaynes
08-20-2013, 12:28 PM
1 for me.

Lorileah
08-20-2013, 12:28 PM
Wait... what kind of polls are we talking about here?

I can't say I do. What's the thing about this tread that warrants disabling polls?

this forum used to allow polls where it would actually tally results but since the arguments about statistics and means always over ran the polls they were disabled. This thread is reinforcing that. Everyone has to dissect the meaning of the question to a point where the results will be meaningless. This particular question was a poll question once. It found approximately 48% were straight males, 45% were bisexual and 3% were gay. (that leaves 2% who had no opinion). So as you can see the results are far different than what this thread shows. The wording of the question here skews toward people answering as "straight". The poll before you didn't have to post under your name so more confessed to bisexual. See how the way polls are [resented automatically skews them to reinforce the position of the poster?

whowhatwhen
08-20-2013, 12:30 PM
Bah! I knew I should've spelled it differently.
Homophones don't translate into text very well :)

Lacey New
08-20-2013, 12:31 PM
Number 1 for me as well. Still in the closet though and not out to my wife

reb.femme
08-20-2013, 01:04 PM
I'm a number 1 on your list.

Hetero, no homosexual experiences or desires and loving my wife to bits.

Rebecca

ninadiva
08-20-2013, 01:09 PM
Totally heterosexual but un-happily married. Please advise us of your conclusions. Thanks.

Kimberly Kael
08-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Since I don't identify as a CDer I don't think it's meaningful to consider my status, but I did want to weigh in. Not only are there sampling biases involved in surveying just the group here, there are also self-selection biases in terms of who decides to post and who doesn't. It isn't statistically meaningful, but it's still an interesting subject.

Part of the challenge is getting an honest answer to questions about sexuality in the first place, something that has plagued researchers from the beginning. Societal pressures don't just provide reasons to lie to researchers, but they make it a lot easier for us to lie to ourselves. Estimates of the proportion of LGBT folk of any description have tended to go up over time as these pressures relax. In my experience I've heard a greater proportion of same sex or bisexual leanings in CDing contexts than elsewhere, but I suspect that has a lot more to do with having already broached a taboo subject in the first place. The same might be true of any group you get to know beyond the superficial level of most of our day-to-day connections.

Frédérique
08-20-2013, 04:44 PM
3) Gay and happy

I guess you’re only interested in HAPPY people, eh? :straightface:

I know a lot of “totally” heterosexual individuals who are NOT happily married, especially when crossdressing rears its beautiful head. I wonder what the percentage is of happy vs. unhappy?

Since you brought it up, what does “happy” mean, anyway? Lucky? Fortunate? Having, showing, or causing great pleasure (or joy)? Suitable or clever, perhaps? It seems to me that all happiness one may feel, either real or contrived, can change at a moment’s notice. Statistics fail to take this into consideration, even though change is ongoing, insistent, and necessary. When does happy denote a façade of choice, maintained in the face of life’s challenges, just to make everyone feel at ease? In other words, is “happy” all it’s cracked up to be? Just asking…

How about me, a heterosexual (with retro-BI pretensions), unmarried, happy as the proverbial clam? I guarantee you that I laugh (gayly) more than any married person, AND I crossdress...
:hmph:

Cheryl T
08-20-2013, 05:07 PM
Number 1 sums it up

Jodi
08-20-2013, 06:40 PM
Number 1, almost. Now happily divorced.

Jodi

TrishaV
08-20-2013, 08:06 PM
I'm half of number 1 straight and happy.

Rogina B
08-20-2013, 08:13 PM
BETWEEN A #2 AND A #3 ! I enjoy those that enjoy me!

Andrea Renea
08-20-2013, 08:55 PM
number 1 for me.

joanna marie
08-20-2013, 11:11 PM
no. 1 marriage in limbo

Lynn Marie
08-20-2013, 11:52 PM
"Is it true", sure, absolutely, without a doubt, positively factual.

What was the question again?

nikkid
08-21-2013, 01:10 AM
I prefer to be with women whether dressed or not. When in male mode have NO INTEREST in men, but when dressed I prefer a woman but have no problem with sexual activity with other CD's or other men. Personally I still consider myself heterosexual but don't know how others would "classify" me. I think some people are hetero, some gay....but there is a wide range of variations that don't fit standard static definitions.....????

MissJoanne
08-21-2013, 01:20 AM
Hetero, not good marriage situation. Have made a slight, very safe exploration of bi one time when dressed (other party was aware I was a CD). I think the very large percentage of CDs being hetero is generally accepted as being fact, although the actual percentage is open to debate.

Wildaboutheels
08-21-2013, 03:24 AM
4] Other

And I believe "surveys" are great tools for use by folks who desire/need to know exactly how and where THEY "fit" into the grand scheme of things.

GREAT tools as long as the folks who respond are honest.

I think there are several easy ways to insure this very thing...but keep in mind, people here do NOT want polls. [I can direct you to the PROOF]

Even w/o polls, most things are very easy to decipher here just by paying attention to what subject matter and what type of pics draw ALWAYS draw the biggest crowds.

candydawn75
08-21-2013, 05:18 AM
Totally happily 1!!

EllieOPKS
08-21-2013, 10:03 AM
#2 for me. The best of both worlds

5150 Girl
08-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Well, let's see, I think of myself as a missassighned lesbian. I am married to a woman.... So I'm not sure if that makes me a 1 or a 3???
hmmmmm

ElaineB
08-22-2013, 03:07 PM
#1 here.

My impression from a bunch of different CD/TG sites is that about 80% identify as heterosexual..

...BUT...

It is very very common for male hetero CDers to have sexual fantasies about men while dressed. That alone would probably explain the difference in stats between what you see here and the earlier survey Lorileah referred to.

On the other hand it has also been reported, from sexuality studies, that about half of all men have had a sexual experience with another man, even though most consider themselves straight. So you have to be careful how you define things. Personally... I doubt there is much relationship at all between what gender you are attracted to and what sexual activities you might enjoy. One is a deep-rooted psychological thing, and the other is a simple matter of body parts on pleasure centers. But most westerners would probably disagree with me. :)

Anyway, despite the confusion you can safely conclude one thing... It is absolutely wrong to assume that crossdressers are homosexual.

miss_jessie
08-22-2013, 03:16 PM
I'm No.1, hetro and in a relationship (but not married - one day though)

Catherine Hopkins
08-22-2013, 03:25 PM
None of the above.

Firstly, all the answers assume the gender binary - are you into guys or girls. Why be limited to those two options? SO I describe my self as pansexual. Into the person, whatever the gender.

I'd also describe myself as NORMALLY polyamorous BUT I'm in a very happy marriage with a postop woman so my polyamorous tendencies are not relevant.

I'm also very much afraid any such survey would be deeply flawed as any other answer but heterosexual frightens the wives so tends to be hidden for their sake. Rather like the, "of course I don't want to take it further and transition," comments that also reassure wives.

With the right person, and if I wasn't married, I'd say yes, whatever their gender. And as for the other, never say never.

Elle1946
08-22-2013, 03:35 PM
I am a number 1.

pinklilly211
08-22-2013, 04:08 PM
Number 1 here also!!!!!

andrea lace
08-22-2013, 04:08 PM
My response to you is number 2 :)

suchacutie
08-22-2013, 04:47 PM
In case anyone is actually counting....#1 here.

Kandy Barr
08-22-2013, 04:48 PM
Hi Ellie, #1 thus far. Although I never married I was in a long term relationship with a wonderfully supportive woman, I would no doubt still be with her but for the cancer that took her from me in 06. I say thus far because like others when dressed I have had curious thoughts, I don't think I would ever follow through with these thoughts because quite frankly I don't find men particularly attractive. So put me down as #1.....

renee elizabeth
08-22-2013, 05:55 PM
hmmmn, i don't have an option from that list to choose, i'm single and straight,

MysticLady
08-22-2013, 06:01 PM
:heehee:

If I put a bottle of wine on your table, did a table dance, with the perfect music, I guarantee that the number ones would have an experience that they'll remember for the rest of their lives.:heehee:

Maria 60
08-22-2013, 06:08 PM
Number #1

Allison2006
08-22-2013, 06:09 PM
Number 1 for me.

TeresaCD
08-24-2013, 05:41 AM
1, another way for me to relate it is this way:

Went to a drag bar last weekend with a couple of other girls, the only thing there I was remotely attracted to was the dresses that some of the straight GGs were wearing..
I'm a one girl guy, and a celibate girl.

A dear friend puts it this way - when dressed, too busy having fun to muck around with the other stuff..

And, for the record, I am married, period. Marriage has bought the best, and worst moments of my life. Not happy all the time though..
And I wouldn't have it any other way..

Anita_2
08-24-2013, 06:25 AM
# 1 - that is my answer (but happily married and total happy are relative definition also I thing in social way no one is 100% happy etc. so may be best to make definition in your question)

Ellie52
08-24-2013, 09:16 AM
1, another way for me to relate it is this way:

I'm a one girl guy, and a celibate girl.

Got to agree with this...

Robinkay
08-24-2013, 09:30 AM
Number 1 - absolutely 100%

missmars
08-24-2013, 12:30 PM
Totally heterosexual.

Gena Gurl
08-24-2013, 12:37 PM
Late to this blog, but I have been a life long CD and I totaly disagree that 95% of CDs are hetro. I do not have any scientific reaseach, but only my own experiances through this journey. I am going to stick my head out on this one and say that it is less tha 50% hetro. I believe that if you go to bed with a CD it is still a man in a dress no matter how cute or womanly they appear. I always hear " I am straight and only like women and CDs" My friend that makes you a homosexual, so why play with words. I know I am homophobic, NO, but just admit what you are! I have known so many so called hetro CDs that have ruined their mariges because they dabbled in messing around with what first was a fantacy and then whent through with it. Just my two cents worth and I know that as usual I am going to piss off a bunch of you all, but an ace is anace no matter what!

linda allen
08-24-2013, 01:46 PM

Rogina B
08-24-2013, 01:57 PM
I have enough experience to know that what people say publicly and do privately[given the chance] is sometimes quite different..hence one of my old signatures.."it only seems kinky the first time you do it!" and that aptly applies to the "curious"crowd as well..Each to their own..

KarenS
08-24-2013, 02:15 PM

Diversity
08-24-2013, 08:32 PM
G'Day Ellie,
Number 1 for me.
Di

Janet Bern
08-24-2013, 10:24 PM
I am number 1

paulaprimo
08-24-2013, 11:34 PM
was a #1 for most of my life, but graduated to a #2 and very happy about it :)

omg...just realized this was my ny 911 post!! god bless the nypd and fdny

natalialimapoa
08-25-2013, 12:43 AM
I only like girls.

Jenny CD
08-25-2013, 05:59 AM
I agree with Robin... I am bi. But why should we put labels on ourselves? I see a lovely woman, I'm attracted. I see a handsome man, I'm attracted. When I'm dressed I notice handsome men more. In drab, usually at work a pretty woman walks in, I'm attracted. I really don't see a problem with my attraction to men or women.

Trish
08-25-2013, 06:14 AM
I'm totally heterosexual and happily married.

StephanieCD21
08-25-2013, 07:47 AM
I am bi and happily married.

jillleanne
08-25-2013, 08:26 AM
number one, uno, un, eeetz a number aoneo.

Emma England
08-25-2013, 08:46 AM
I am totally heterosexual and single.

Men are ugly and disgusting. Women are beautiful.

Kathinja Galaxy
08-25-2013, 09:58 PM
I'm numbah 2, maybe numbah 4: Child with another on the way ;D! lol. My wife is one hell of a woman, thats for sure!

tanya2013
08-25-2013, 10:46 PM
Im bi and happily married

Karen kc
08-26-2013, 07:27 AM
#1 for me

BLUE ORCHID
08-26-2013, 07:36 AM
Hi Ellie, Number 1 all the way.

Hellen
08-26-2013, 07:52 AM
Number #1

mariehart
08-26-2013, 08:06 AM
My own experience leads me to believe like one or two others here is that many who say, to their SO, that they are hetero are in fact lying. For a good reason but nevertheless a lie. What the proportions are I don't know. But there are many genuinely hetero CDs. Others say they are to keep the peace and in practical terms it's often difficult to consummate any desire to try something out. It's like anything else. Even if you're straight you can be attracted to women other than your partner. It's only when you do something about it that it counts.

I've met men who call themselves straight because they are attracted to me as a woman. Which suited my ego even if it's strictly not accurate.

I'm not always sure about labels anyway. I suppose I'm bisexual but in reality I'm just sexual. I'm attracted to people, sometimes it's a man sometimes a woman.

Nikki68
08-26-2013, 01:13 PM
Hmm. Happily married to a woman, but bi and in an open relationship. My boyfriend (also my Dom ) prompted my crossdressing, so... I dunno if I qualify as a typical crossdresser, as my motivation is external.

JUSTME
08-26-2013, 01:40 PM
#1 here.

ChaCha
08-26-2013, 04:37 PM
Totally #2 for me.

Miss Trish
08-27-2013, 01:08 AM
#1 for me. Hetro and very happily married.

Lacy PJs
08-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Hetero & happily married!

I know that people here frown on labels but in this case, I think a littleseparation is probably necessary. When I think of "crossdressers," I really only consider those men who simply dress as women or vice versa. I typically leave out of that group those who have gone into hormone therapy, surgery or those who have gone "above and beyond" simply dressing. If one undergoes some kind of gender transition, then it would seem that they no longer "crossdress" but rather dress in a way that is appropriate for their new gender. People here cover a very broad spectrum so it is difficult to look at just one part of the entire group.

Lacy PJs

sharli61
08-27-2013, 08:58 PM
number 1

Quksilver420
08-28-2013, 04:30 AM
#1 hetro and happy

Michelle789
09-09-2013, 03:37 PM
I think the gender spectrum is not black and white but rather a spectrum. Sexual orientation is completely separate from gender identity, and is a spectrum. Gender presentation is completely separate as well.

I do think a lot of people are pressured to lie to surveyers, and to lie to themselves too (i.e. denial) by societal pressure to "be a man" and live up to male stereotypes strictly.

The debate over whether 95% of CDs are heterosexual male who identify completely or mainly as male vs whether 95% of CDs are TS in denial and hence identify as female is suggesting black and white thinking over what CDing really is.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle, and the is a large variety of reasons why people CD. I don't have any exact numbers on this and we may never get the real statistics. Statistics can be flawed for many reasons. For the sake of this discussion I will assume MTF CDing.

- Some CDers just like wearing women's underwear.
- Some CDers just like wearing women's clothes but identify and act completely male.
- Some may just like certain specific items of women's clothes.
- Some may like to present as female sometimes but still identify intrinsically as male.
- Some may identify as both male and female and like to switch presentations frequently.
- For some it's just a sexual fetish.
- For some they may be truly TS in denial.
- Even for some sexual fetishists they may be TS in denial.
- Many TS start off thinking their CD, many never wear women's clothes until starting transition.
- What if you identify as a 3rd gender or genderless?

I think there are more CD who are TS in denial than we would like to think, and there are more CD who are strictly CD and identify as male than we would like to think. And other variations as well.

The truth is we just need to take life one day at a time, and try to be as honest with ourselves as we can, which may take a very long time to happen or may sadly never happen for some.

Tara Power
09-09-2013, 03:44 PM
100% straight guy, but as Tara, definately a lesbian but would be fond if male attention and affection.
So 1 I guess,though never married

Elizabeth Marie
09-09-2013, 03:44 PM
There's not enough options. I am a heterosexual CD, divorced but currently in a committed relationship.

NyssaF
09-09-2013, 03:50 PM
2 for me. I forgot there is a message length requirement. :)

Vanessa5
09-09-2013, 04:02 PM
I am married and hetero but my marriage is not nessasarily "happy".

Laura28
09-09-2013, 04:03 PM
1 for me and happly married, but we have both talked about me trying 2 so maybe one of these days, i will say this i am curious.

Jenny Gurl
09-09-2013, 09:19 PM
In the spirit of the question, I am another heterosexual crossdresser. who if I were to marry would be married to a woman, so #1 is as close to correct as I could answer. My S.O. is female and I have no homosexual desires. I do however like feminine cloths, jewelry, makeup, and body hair grooming.

Amy R Lynn
09-09-2013, 09:38 PM
I would definitely fall somewhere between #1 and #2..... so #1.5 for me. I have fantasied about being with a man while dressed up. After all that is what a lady would do! I have never looked at a man and thought of him as being hot, attractive or anything else.... so I'm not really sure that I would/could go through with it. But 1.5 for me.....

Ohh and I'm divorced, and it had absolutely nothing to do with me being a CD'r.... if we're taking stats, thought I should be clear.

ArleneRaquel
09-09-2013, 09:41 PM
I date men, so I guess that I'm #3. :):battingeyelashes::thumbsup:

Angela.Moni
09-11-2013, 05:09 PM
Since sexually I am only attracted to guys and other trans girls....i guess i am #3. Correct?
But I also spend 90% of my time in girl mode....so go figure. But it has been mostly other CDs and rarely guys.

Krista1985
09-11-2013, 05:33 PM
Put me down for #1, sans-marriage. Dating/have dated exclusively women, no interest in men beyond friendships.

LRoberts
09-11-2013, 07:09 PM
#1 but not happily married.

evadan
09-11-2013, 07:31 PM
#1 and very happily married to a supportive wife.

Eva D.

Genesis
09-11-2013, 09:02 PM
I have been married to a wonderful woman for 23 yrs. Sandy is my personal makeup, clothing and style advisor. I do however physically interact with other CD/TV that make getting gurly so much fun. I don't find "men" attractive, so I don't know what category I would fall into-lol-.

jennifer ann
09-11-2013, 10:06 PM
Number 2 here

Dawn cd
09-11-2013, 10:15 PM
This is a very unscientific poll, and I think the data you quoted at the top is very questionable. Since homosexuals make up more than 5% of the total population, it is highly unlikely they would comprise only 5% of crossdressers.

darla_g
09-11-2013, 10:17 PM
i agree with Dawn, this is not a scientific poll and no real conclusions can be drawn from it.

Dalva
09-12-2013, 12:17 AM
I led a straight lifestyle for many years.
I began exploring my bi side.

I'm not really unsure how to define my sexuality in a nutshell. I am attracted to women but sex is difficult with them.

Now I'm leaning towards #3 but with a catch. I am sexually attracted to other CD's more than men or GGs. I'm not sure what that makes me.

petrahughes
09-13-2013, 07:51 AM
That's how I feel too. I feel that while I am dressed as a girl I should do what a girl would do, i act like a girl and have female sexual urges. But I am attracted to CD's and Sissies, or maybe a dominatrix female :o "not men" (I know cd are men but it just feels different)

So maybe I am a Lesbiman.:eek:

Connief
09-13-2013, 08:26 AM
Number 1, divorced some 6 years after 26 years of um... anyway

xd-tigger
09-13-2013, 01:45 PM
The stats I read a while ago were 8% of men crossdress, and 85-90% are straight. That was a few years back, so has likely to have changed.

Sabrina69
09-13-2013, 01:52 PM
I am new here, but this is a great topic.... Why? Because I am straight, but my SO wishes I was bi. I told her, maybe with another CD, perhaps, i just do not find men attractive. However, one has to wonder, if having a bi encounter would do anything to bring out more of a fem side. My SO has the idea, once I lose more weight and more passable, to go out together as girls. my SO is my best friend, she is smoking hot and totally into me and my dressing.... so I would like to please her as my way to say, thank you. time will tell....

Tanya J
09-13-2013, 02:38 PM
number 1 for me

ringedjohn
09-13-2013, 03:16 PM
Number 1.