PDA

View Full Version : Practical Crossdressing

Daisy41
08-20-2013, 05:41 AM
This originally started from a radio show topic in the afternoon. The topic was "what product/item do you use of hers/his that may surprise you". Of course, there was a lot of "manly" uses for everything from makeup, hair products and what not. But I started to think about the practical things that have come out of my cross dressing.

Some of the things I've used have been: nail polish to fight "nasty" habits. I have a tendency to have my fingers all over my face, which of course can product acne, cause sickness, etc. I've started to use clear nail polish and every time I bring my hands to my face, that faint whiff of polish instantly pushes my hands away.

Tights for compression! I recently injured some muscle in my left leg, nothing major but it was enough to keep me from working out the way I wanted to. Wrapping my leg/knee in a bandage was proving to be annoying since the muscle was large and causing the bandage to roll under it. Solution? Put on a pair of tights. It makes sense. There are compression tights for people with diabetes and poor circulation in their legs, so I just threw on a pair of my own tights and the relief was instantaneous. After a day of wearing them my leg was feeling fantastic and I think it has sped up an otherwise slow process.

Finally, getting slightly graphic, the use of butt floss. It may sound silly, but I've been on hikes in the past where sweat would pool in certain ways and start dripping down small... "cracks" (har har). A pair of thongs definitely prevents this and saves me from irritation during my treks.

candydawn75
08-20-2013, 06:15 AM
LOL that was GREAT!! I can see the infomercial now...."Buy butt floss and loose the crack dripping!!" lololol (totally have to hear it in my head!)

Sarah Beth
08-20-2013, 06:35 AM
In my youngers days I rode motorcycles and when the weather was cold it was always a good excuse to wear pantyhose because it helps keep the legs warm. Still works when I'm working outdoors in cold weather, you have to wear layers, just wish I could explain why the cami underneather the henley.

Beverley Sims
08-20-2013, 08:54 AM
I think it is accepted that leggings or high denier panty hose is useful in cold climates.
I have a couple of heavy rib knit jumpers that look bright but I do get away with them.
Bright red and a nice yellow one. Both wool and about ten years old.

Kate Simmons
08-20-2013, 09:36 AM
I get what you are saying Hon but if I dressed for the sake of practicality, I'd never have any fun.:battingeyelashes::)

giuseppina
08-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Using a girdle for support after abdominal surgery. It worked for me, but that was well before the laparoscope took over.

Using pantyhose to hold a few pair of sweat pants close to my skin to keep the water from stealing body heat when building rock cribs for a dock/wharf: It sort of worked, but a properly fitted wet suit works much better.

I agree that nail polish can be used for reasons other than decorating nails: it keeps me from picking at mine for some reason.

AmyGaleRT
08-21-2013, 01:30 AM
I use a bobby pin to keep my hair out of my face while I'm in the bath. And, of course, I tie my hair back with the same kind of Goody elastic band girls use...I get the package of all black ones, which is labeled "Little Black Dress." :)

- Amy

Phylis Nicole Schuyler
08-21-2013, 08:37 AM
LOL that was GREAT!! I can see the infomercial now...."Buy butt floss and loose the crack dripping!!" lololol (totally have to hear it in my head!)

"Does you crack drip? Don't be rash! 100% cotton butt floss will dry up all those irritating plumbing leaks. It does a body good."

candydawn75
08-21-2013, 08:40 AM
"Does you crack drip? Don't be rash! 100% cotton butt floss will dry up all those irritating plumbing leaks. It does a body good."
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :lol2::lol2:

Sallee
08-21-2013, 09:02 AM
I use to use panty hose skiing for warmth and to fit into ski boots to get a good fit

nikkid
08-21-2013, 10:18 AM
I wear pantyhose when I am on long distance flights to help prevent phlebitis. Also when i'll be standing all day pantyhose help to prevent getting varicose veins. Many women do not wear pantyhose anymore, but if they have jobs requiring long hours standing they are a necessary garment.

Allison Chaynes
08-21-2013, 12:37 PM
I knew people in the Army who swore wearing pantyhose prevented blisters on long road marches. I think it was just an excuse for them to wear pantyhose though :)

kimdl93
08-21-2013, 05:34 PM
When I lived up North, in very cold weather I often wore my nylons for the added warmth....and because I like it.

devida
08-21-2013, 08:17 PM
I started wearing compression stockings and pantyhose to deal with very bad swelling from heart failure a couple of years ago. I've recovered from the heart failure but still have varicose veins and anyway I got used to wearing compression hosiery. But most of it isn't exactly pretty (except for the lace top sheers from Ames Walker) so I started wearing thigh high socks from sockdreams in Oregon over the compression. Sockdreams knows they're selling to quite a few men and even sell so called unisex garter belts. I have a whole wardrobe of outrageous knee high and thigh high socks (mostly bought for me by my wife who has great taste). I get compliments on them all the time, especially from women. I live in a Florida beach town and the men dress like bums so I think the women are pleased to see an older man dressing in thigh highs and short shorts.

Oddlee
08-21-2013, 10:25 PM
In the words of one of my (straight male, as far as I know) friends, "Yeah baby!"

Brenn
08-22-2013, 04:16 PM
I have a high instep and some women's shoes, such as ballet flats are much more comfortable and don't make the top of my foot sore.

regina young
08-22-2013, 05:02 PM
In cold weather I have to agree, pantyhose or tights. And yes it might just be an excuse to wear them because I will also wear thigh-highs for the same....mhmm, reason. And in the dead of winter a pair of thigh-highs and panties under your clothes can brighten even a cold dreary day, teehee.
Regina

CynthiaD
08-22-2013, 05:18 PM
Over the years I've tried to think up valid reasons for using all sorts of femme stuff in male mode. My nail polish helps me from "breaking my nails" when I play finger style guitar. (Bright red is especially effective.) Most of my femme tops are "the latest in male fashion" someplace in the world. Most of my skirts are "kilts." Bra straps are actually part of my "back brace." The fancy embroidery on my jeans is considered "very manly" in ... (Where ever). Lipstick is actually "lip balm." (Oh it's bright red? I must have picked up my wife's by mistake!) "No, this isnt a maxi-dress, its just a very long tshirt. OF COURSE I'm wearing pants underneath!" I'm having a lot of trouble with those D-cup breastforms though.

Sharon B.
08-22-2013, 05:24 PM
Several years ago I had three cracked ribs the only relief I could get at night was to wear an all-in-one body brief.

Brooklyn
08-22-2013, 09:23 PM
A woman's wallet has lots more space for all the cards most of us have (and shouldn't be sitting on). And why don't men use handbags? When did carrying stuff efficiently become feminine?

devida
08-23-2013, 08:37 AM
If you look at the Paris accessories show this week you will find that the bags the men are carrying are indistinguishable from women's handbags. It's not just the runway, either. If you look at Bill Cunningham's latest videos on the New York Times of men on the street in New York you'll find the same thing. Finally,check out JW Anderson's Spring 2014 London collection for completely androgynous clothes that either men or women would swoon to wear but is really men's fashions. I would swoon, anyway. If couture really does have an effect on the mass market in a few years the only way you'll be able to tell you're cross dressing is because of the breast forms. And maybe not even that ;) All this is in the Styles section today in the New York Times (well, not Bill, you'll have to search for him).