PDA

View Full Version : Acceptance: Shopping with the wife!

EllenJo
08-20-2013, 08:23 AM
As many of you know my wife surprised me in February with accepting my desire to dress. Prior to that she had been supportive of my underdressing (panties and pantyhose) but anything else was DADT. Since then I have been dressing around the house especially while doing the housework (she is seriously ill). We had shopped for panties together with her doing the purchases but she had never been with me when I purchased any female clothing.

Well last Saturday we went to a Farmers Market and then went into a consignment shop across the street to look for something for my oldest daughter's birthday. We found her a nice top and while looking I found a nice denim A line skirt that was in my size. I took it off of the rack and held it up to myself. She looked surprised that I would do this but then she commented that it would not look good on me. She went over to another rack and found a denim pencil skirt that was shorter, which surprised me. She said we would purchase them both and return them if I did not like them. I took a look back at the dressing room area and saw that several were open. I took both skirts and told her I would be right back. I went to the dressing room area and checked the two items in with the SA and proceeded inside while my wife waited. She was right, the one I picked out looked aweful while the one she found was perfect. I stood in front of the mirror feeling like a million dollars. I even thought about wearing it home but decided against it. When I came out, I gave the reject to the SA and told my wife that she was right and that I was going to purchase her choice. She offered to pay for it so I would not be embarrassed but I told her no, I would take care of it. The SA at the dressing room had not batted an eye when I checked in the skirts and neither did the SA at the check out counter. On the way home my wife commented that she was surprised that I had the nerve to try them on and make the purchase. I told her that I just did not care what other people think and that I had purchased many of my female clothes the same way when she was not with me. I said I am turning 60 years old and if other people have a problem with me trying on female clothing that it is their problem and not mine. She smiled and said she was proud of me.

From reading a number of threads on this forum I realize that I am one of the lucky few with an accepting spouse. It took a long time for us to reach this point and I am careful to avoid the pink fog. For those of you still seeking acceptance hang in there, anything is possible.
I do so love this woman.
EllenJo

Beverley Sims
08-20-2013, 08:34 AM
Acceptance is slow but it does come in instant leaps and bounds like you describe.
It is not wise to push it along though.
Just let it take it's course until it reaches an acceptable level.

Princess Grandpa
08-20-2013, 08:52 AM
I do so love happy stories. Thank you for sharing EllenJo. It is awesome that she shows signs of acceptance. Additionally you show how a relationship can continue to thrive with a DADT policy.

Thank you!
Hug
Rita

Persephone
08-20-2013, 01:52 PM
So great, Ellen Jo! Give your wife extra hugs and kisses -- she deserves them!

Hugs,
Persephone.

suzanne
08-20-2013, 04:09 PM
A giant "BRAVO" to both you and your wife! It sounds as though both of you gained a lot of valuable knowledge with that shopping trip. It can only get better from there!

kimdl93
08-20-2013, 09:04 PM
There a more of us with accepting SOs than you might guess. It's just that we don't have as many relationship problems to write about.

Good for your wife, btw. And I hope she gets better soon!

Nyla F
08-20-2013, 10:07 PM
so cool! I'm not 60 yet, so maybe there is still hope for me!

Tina B.
08-21-2013, 10:31 AM
Ellen, sorry to hear your wife is ailing, nice that you are trying to pick up the slack at home while she is sick.
It's also great that she seems to be beginning to accept you for who you need to be.
I have to agree with Kim, there is a lot of us, more than we get credit for, that have accepting wives.
Acceptance comes in many different ways, and at many different levels, but over all, considering what we do
and how we feel about our female persona, I'm always surprised at how many of us do have accepting wives,
and how accepting they can be.