PDA

View Full Version : Traveling luggage

KarenS
08-20-2013, 09:58 PM
I'm traveling on business this week. I couldn't help but think about the amount of luggage I had to bring. On set of luggage for HIM, and another set of luggage for Karen. But, Karen has twice as much including five pairs of shoes!!

When I was getting on the elevator at the hotel, a gentleman going up with me said "you must be staying quite a while." The reality is only four days. But, I am packing for two different personalities - two different people.

I'm sure glad I wasn't flying !

Beverley Sims
08-21-2013, 12:25 AM
I go round the world for three months at a time and carry one case, 18" x 12" x 12'.
I cater for two people myself and him we share clothes and wear the coats on to the plane.
Hawaii is always warm and Chicago is 27 deg in December.
Buy no souvenirs, take no prisoners.
One swimsuit, jeans couple of tops and hire the ski gear.

Sarah Beth
08-21-2013, 06:48 AM
When I was still doing the traveling for business thing I was in the same boat as you are, I finally got a bigger suitcase on wheels ao I could stack the smaller one on top and roll along and carry the laptop bag over my shoulder. I never go out dressed but still one wants to have something different outfit each day. Somehow I always ended up with more for "her" than for "him" because "he" is not as particular or moody when dressing (lol).

OzSam
08-21-2013, 07:29 AM
Travelling with the Mrs next week, for her business trip, and I am just tagging along to see a couple more countries neither of us have been to before. In the past Sam has always only been permitted to pack a couple of items, but this time the bag is about 2/3 full of Sam's clothes. You can imagine how giddy with anticipation I am. I could get used to this ;)

samanthasolo
08-21-2013, 07:55 AM
What a HILARIOUS topic!!!! I have always observed and taken notice to how much my wife over packs, even for an overnight. Well that all changed when we went away for a weekend CD event. I have to say honestly, not only did my wife take notice by stating " We are only going away for a weekend" I am the Queen of over packing. OMG!!!!!

NV Susan
08-21-2013, 11:09 AM
When I was doing a lot of traveling by air I also packed for two. I finally had to put my foot down....Susan had to learn how to put outfits together...wearing one skirt that would go with 2 or 3 tops.....shoes that went with more than one outfit. Worked well....was able to travel with 2 smaller cases.

Julie Denier
08-21-2013, 11:45 AM
I've learned to pack light when dressing on the road, e.g. two outfits, one pair of shoes that goes with both ...

reb.femme
08-21-2013, 01:32 PM
I'm in the hotel right now, ditto with more Rebecca clothes than Bob mode. I just can't help it. Tonight is to go full on with a new dress I've got. Can t wait to get made up :daydreaming:

Rebecca