PDA

View Full Version : How many out there never think about what you are?

Summer
12-23-2005, 07:23 PM
Just a short question, "How many are there that don't even think of what you are!"

By this I mean, I personally don't think about what I am. I live my life somewhere in the middle. I dress as a woman most days, although very conservative. But I don't think about being a woman or man. It just feels natural to me.

Are there others who feel this way? If so I would like to explore this with you.

Summer:angel:

Kimberly
12-23-2005, 09:05 PM
Yeah. Sounds about right. I just feel like me. Not man or woman. Stuck in the middle - though the man is often the one expressed on the outside.

Ah well... time is called for. ;)

FionaAlexis
12-23-2005, 09:37 PM
Summer - I have often quipped that two things have dominated my life a weak bladder and gender dysphoria - but maybe not in that order.

But there have been short periods of my life when my GD has not been at the forefront of my mind - and usually when I have been successful in one way or another. However, even then, when I come to a problem or road block- I usually revert to type. Maybe this has something to do with the misguided expectation that, as a male, I need to deal with it in a masculine way.

When dressed I feel right and I sometimes forget I'm a tranny - but it is only fleeting feeling. I have never felt 'in the middle'.

Fiona xx

Carol Claire
12-23-2005, 09:47 PM
Very interesting.

If I attend a concert dressed as a woman, I don't even think about
how I'm dressed, just the music and the surroundings. How I'm dressed
feels like, well, me.

HaleyPink2000
12-23-2005, 10:04 PM
I think by my avatar you can tell how I feel most of the time.

Haley:)

connie rotten
12-23-2005, 11:33 PM
I do often . I spent my very pretty years with out a clue about why I crossdressed . It saddens me I didn't make the most of it. But then again I was a very wild young person perhaps it is a mixed blessing.
I think about what I am most every time I see somthing I would love to wear.:rose2: I am still blooming.

Billijo49504
12-24-2005, 12:19 AM
:thumbsup: Me too!! I aam a commitee of one, I live my life as if it was the only one I had, and I try to enjoy atleast a little bit of my life....Every day..BJ

Ariana
12-24-2005, 02:10 AM
Perhaps it's a matter of symantecs but I rarely think about what I am. More of WHY I am. The only times I do think about what.. is when someone asks... You know the questions.. "Are you transexual? Transvestite? Crossdresser? Pre-op? Post-op?" and so on. I find it hard to classify myself in these ways. Simply put.. sometimes I'm a woman.. sometimes I'm not. And it isn't a matter of what I'm wearing.

I think we all have different 'modes' or 'times' when we feel more one way than another. And I try not to dwell on what it is I am. I dwell on the why to hopefully gain insight to my inner self. To help me be comfortable in my own skin.

Hopefully that made some sense lol I really tried not to babble :o

Deanna2
12-26-2005, 09:15 AM
Hi Summer

I have much the same attitude as you about dressing. When I put on a skirt I don't feel that I have become a woman - nor do I think about being a guy in a skirt. I dress en femme because I feel comfortable and relaxed. I just go about doing whatever I would if I was in drab.

However, when I dress up I do check myself in the mirror a fair bit which I wouldn't do in drab. I guess that makes me concious of being en femme. I do very much enjoy dressing though.

TGMarla
12-26-2005, 09:28 AM
Well, it comes and goes. It's hot and cold. I admit there are days when it consumes me. There are other days when I really don't think about it at all. Sometimes when I get all dressed up, I get particularly excited, aroused, and really taken up with it, but other days when I dress, it just seems normal and natural. I'm guessing this is pretty common among us.

Rikki Elisabeth
12-26-2005, 09:37 AM
Yes, I think of who I am and of what things I have done.

No, I know who I am and I am Rikki.

Maybe, when I feel I may have hurt someone unintentionally.

Jasmine Ellis
12-26-2005, 09:38 AM
I dress as a woman every day, I feel comfortable, relaxed and more happier in myself.

Lilith Moon
12-26-2005, 09:39 AM
I know I'm a male and was taught to behave as such but I don't feel at all "manly" inside. Despite a lifetime of fitting into the role, even overcompensating at times, I don't feel comfortable with it and my discomfort and remoteness often shows to those around me, including my close family. In all of my daily transactions with those around me I'm rather a fumbling, awkward hesitant shy type. Displaying my male persona feels analogous to somebody speaking a second language, I know the rules and I practice every day but internally I'm using my own "language".

I'm just me...and I happen to feel like a female.

Kim E
12-26-2005, 10:17 AM
As far as female clothing goes, I don't give it much thought. I've been living as a female for over a year and it just seems like a normal and natural thing to do. Except for a couple flannel shirts and a handful of tee shirts and ball caps, I'd be hard pressed to find any male clothing. The guy clothes were donated to Catholic Charities some time ago.

Personally, although female clothing plays a big part in who I am and how I live, its more about living and being the person I should have been born as. I feel no less feminine when I wear no makeup and an old pair of sweats around the house, than I do when I get dressed and go out. Its more about being the person I truly am.

Kim

Toyah
12-26-2005, 10:28 AM
I dont get hung up over who I am, I am just me good or bad

Katiegirl
12-26-2005, 11:17 AM
I seem to think nothing else but about who I am over the christmas period and have been on a rolla coaster of emotions. I would like to go further in my road to womanhood but I have to consider weither I have the strength and courage to make this life changing decision.

:(

Mind of a Woman, Mind of a Woman, Life is a Bitch

Raychel
12-26-2005, 11:36 AM
I must say for me I never think about it. I am just me, sometime I am me in lingerie or a dress, other times I am me in drab. I don't like the drab part very much, but that is life.

Wendy me
12-26-2005, 12:29 PM
at one time i was always thing i was the wrong gender you all know that i should have been a female that the "him" side of me was just all wrong and that somehow a freakish thing happened and i got stuck in this "him" shell .....
and that realy put me through some tough times trying to fit in eather side never realy worked ... now i just go with happy i meen if i woke up and was a gg then it would be heven but thats not going to happen so i make the best of what i got to work with happy works.....

Robertacd
12-26-2005, 01:29 PM
I quit thinking about it years ago. Probably sometime in my early 20's. This is who I am, I accept it. What's there to think about?

ReginaK
12-26-2005, 01:39 PM
The only reason I think about who I am is because I am not able to freely express who I am as often and as thoroughly as i'd like.

BeckyCath
12-26-2005, 04:33 PM
I like Regina's answer...

For me, when i am being "woman" i don't actually think about it, and can quite happily go about my day to day stuff and totally forget any feelings of dysphoria, but when i am doing "him" i find myself more and more "at sorts with myself" and i feel uncomfy, and i actually feel a bit paranoid if i am round the shops, as if everyone is staring at me, i find that really strange, because surely i would feel "stared at" more whilst presenting as a woman...

I guess that makes me opposite to others, but i truly do prefer being a woman, and i totally dislike being male... even tho the dichotomy of it all does cause my brain fuses to pop on a regular basis...

Surely I'm not alone...

Rebecca

LindaTS
12-28-2005, 10:42 AM
I prefer to use the word WHO instead of WHAT. Do I think about it? You bet I do. Every day when I get dressed and put my bra on, making sure my breasts are in the cups like their supposed to be, I can't help thinking about who I am. I have no doubt that I'm a woman, pure and simple. And I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm very happy with who I am.

Tiffy
12-29-2005, 09:05 AM
I don't think about it any where near as much as I use to. Getting more use to it all the time and am pretty happy with who I am. Just not the way i look.....lol

Kisses, April Marie

Rikki Elisabeth
12-29-2005, 10:17 PM
There is never a moment when I do not think about being Rikki...be it awake, be it asleep.

tiffiany
12-29-2005, 11:19 PM
I know I'm a male and was taught to behave as such but I don't feel at all "manly" inside. Despite a lifetime of fitting into the role, even overcompensating at times, I don't feel comfortable with it and my discomfort and remoteness often shows to those around me, including my close family. In all of my daily transactions with those around me I'm rather a fumbling, awkward hesitant shy type. Displaying my male persona feels analogous to somebody speaking a second language, I know the rules and I practice every day but internally I'm using my own "language".

I'm just me...and I happen to feel like a female
This pretty much sums up how I feel.