PDA

View Full Version : The "Look"

Anneliese
08-21-2013, 05:10 PM
This could obviously mean several things. For me it is "the look" a co-worker has given me the past few weeks. I shop openly in thrift stores, so it was a matter of time. She knows, but is just not saying anything.

Has anyone else perceived "the look"?

kimdl93
08-21-2013, 05:20 PM
Hmmm, interesting Anneliese. I have had some interesting interactions while en femme, particularly with neighbors. The male neighbors, in particular, often give me a puzzled look and seem somewhat at a loss, whereas female neighbors have taken my appearance quite in stride.

TGMarla
08-21-2013, 06:16 PM
I'm sure some of it is imagined, and some again is not. If no one really noticed, we'd probably be imagining that some people in the crowd did notice, and were giving "The Look". However, most of the time, I don't think that most of us really fool the general public all that much when we go out. I think that in most cases, we get read easily and often. So it's likely that many people really are giving "The Look".

Kate Simmons
08-21-2013, 06:18 PM
The last time I heard that phrase was when "Roxette" first came out Hon.:heehee::)

Tracii G
08-21-2013, 07:05 PM
I don't worry about "the look" and go on about my business.

BLUE ORCHID
08-21-2013, 08:33 PM
Hi Anneliese, I have gotten the LOOK while shopping endrab I just smile and say hi how are you doing .

Never let someone else take control of the situation.

PretzelGirl
08-21-2013, 10:09 PM
I think it is hard to interpret looks of co-workers. I have one that all of sudden wouldn't say high to me in the hall. When I start to approach her, she smiles and looks down and away. Another that I was in the jewelry section of Kohls with will get a big smile and then look away when I greet her. Are these signs I am out or is it just their normal habits? You can read into a lot if you really want to.

donnalee
08-22-2013, 04:28 AM
Sounds like embarrassment to me.
My problem is just the opposite; I rarely pay attention to others, an off-putting and potentially dangerous practice. I have a huge difficulty in understanding or predicting what the general public desires; all I know is that I don't agree a large percentage of the time.
"No one ever lost money underestimating the intelligence of the American public." - H.L. Mencken

Beverley Sims
08-22-2013, 04:56 AM
I have percieved the "look" in stores when I am shopping the harder the look the more I am encouraged to reply,
"It is not for my girlfriend it is for me, do you think it suits me"?
I love the "look" :)

Jillian Faith
08-22-2013, 05:30 AM
Yes I've received "the look" from a female co-worker when I grew my nails out longer than normal and was wearing clear ploish

Sabrina133
08-22-2013, 05:53 AM
Yes, i got the look from my female assistant not too long after i started working where i am currently employed. About a week after she gave me the first look, she came out and asked if i crossdressed. I told her the truth. "I thought so - Have you been to Hamburger Mary's?" was the next thing out of her mouth. She is very astute and quite in your face. She's awesome.

DAVIDA
08-22-2013, 05:56 AM
I have a neighbor that can't "look" at me if I am dressed while we are talking.:heehee:

Lynn Marie
08-22-2013, 07:57 AM
I've seen this too. People may know about my CDing but they have a hard time vocalizing it to me. I guess that's okay, don't really need the approval of acquaintances or distant semi friends. Just about everyone enjoys finding fault with everyone else!

Kelly Smith
08-22-2013, 08:24 AM
I have gotten a lot of looks that indicated that I had been read. Many of them happened in a single evening. I didn't mind at all.

Chickhe
08-22-2013, 01:00 PM
I have seen a certain look from a few women friends when I was playing with having long hair. One of the woman looked at me with this grin and excitement on her face when she saw me, I knew she was imagining what I would look like enfem.... but, she would never say it because I'm a guy ...

...the look though from co-workers can be the result of missing an opportunity. I have avoided making some friends because I just didn't respond in a positive way (concerned about something or feeling depressed at the time). After that, they avoid you and it takes something enjoyable to break their attitude towards you. ...a joke can work...or even calling them out on 'the look'...

CarlaWestin
08-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Yes I've received "the look" from a female co-worker when I grew my nails out longer than normal and was wearing clear polish

I had a female co-worker ask me flat out if I was wearing clear nail polish. I mentioned that she had a keen eye to notice and she replied, "Honey, everyone noticed. I'm just the first one to say something to you about it."

And, oh yeah, I've gotten the look big time!