PDA

View Full Version : Why panic when it is too late?

cdterri
08-22-2013, 04:36 PM
Last evening the wife and I were sitting on the back porch having a glass of wine and discussing our day. I was wearing a yellow sundress, sandals, and a straw hat. Out of nowhere our neighbor from across the street appeared. He was looking right at us, Even though I knew He saw me I ducked down and headed for the door. Fact is I was busted and all I managed to do was make an even bigger fool of myself. I just regret that I fled rather than just answer his question and get on with the evening.

Kate Simmons
08-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Neighbors usually appear when you least expect them. You never know when they will need that cup of milk or pound of sugar, or are just being nosy.:heehee::battingeyelashes::)

Julie Gaum
08-22-2013, 04:48 PM
Because I don't know how passable you might have been at that very moment on the porch --- it would be hard to guess whether your neighbor knew it was you or a visiting guest. In any case you've already answered yourself/
Julie

CynthiaD
08-22-2013, 04:55 PM
Why panic at all?

Joann Smith
08-22-2013, 04:59 PM
I hate it when that happens ....LOL

stephene513
08-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Not sure why you care what a neighbor thinks. I always remember that one episode of the big bang therory when Lenord knocks on the wrong door and a cross dresser answers.. he asked are you Sheldon? he says no you want the crazy one across the hall. :)

cdterri
08-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Because I don't know how passable you might have been at that very moment on the porch --- it would be hard to guess whether your neighbor knew it was you or a visiting guest. In any case you've already answered yourself/
Julie

I'm one of those men in a dress type. Like the clothes, do not wear wigs, makeup etc. So busted!

cdterri
08-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Why panic at all?

That was my question

miss_jessie
08-22-2013, 05:24 PM
I always like to think that while we are expecting for people to be looking for the flaws, most people don't even have their eyes truly open. Your neighbour probably assumes your wife had a guest.

cdterri
08-22-2013, 05:26 PM
Not sure why you care what a neighbor thinks. I always remember that one episode of the big bang therory when Lenord knocks on the wrong door and a cross dresser answers.. he asked are you Sheldon? he says no you want the crazy one across the hall. :)

Neighbor may know some of the people I work with, also have 7 children and 15 grandchildren that I would like to keep from undo embarassment

kimdl93
08-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Yeah, no need to run.

I'm out to my next door neighbor lady...long story, but maintained the male pretense with her husband. But last week , I was working in the back yard wearing daisy dukes, a halter top and wig. Unbeknownst to me he saw me from the other side of the fence. Of course his wife had told him, and we're cool.

CONSUELO
08-22-2013, 05:40 PM
I was sitting on my deck one evening early this summer when a group of boys on skateboards came down the road. One of them walked up our steep driveway and asked if he could skateboard down it. I was dressed and we just said go ahead. For some reason I did not even think of reacting or hiding and that was undoubtedly the best thing to do as they just jumped on their skateboards and off they went. A few minutes later they came up the neighbour's drive to do another fast descent but did not even look across at me. I think that sometimes we are more conspicuous to ourselves than to others.

MysticLady
08-22-2013, 05:47 PM
. Out of nowhere our neighbor from across the street appeared. He was looking right at us, Even though I knew He saw me I ducked down and headed for the door..

F*** the neighbor. Sorry, just my opinion.

miss_jessie
08-22-2013, 05:50 PM
... I think that sometimes we are more conspicuous to ourselves than to others.

I would have to agree. My paranoia drives me mad yet I am sure many people wouldn't notice, especially at a glance. And if they did I am sure that they would then either doubt themselves and forget the entire thing, or not care anyway.

Tracii G
08-22-2013, 06:08 PM
They are probably calling all their friends and your co workers so don't worry too much.
Tell them your neighbor is a tin foil hat conspiracy nut that thinks he was abducted by aliens.
Its been a while but I had a friend see me out enfemme one night and I never noticed him at the time.I had another friend say "you know what Dale told me?"
I said no telling what he said he tends to stretch the truth sometimes.He said he saw you dressed as a woman !!!!
I responded with Oh really he said that? "yeah man thats what he told me." And you believed him?.
He said well no I figured he was full of it like usual.
I just laughed and let it go.Nothing was ever mentioned again.
Never denied nor confirmed it just passed it off like I didn't care.

Sara Jessica
08-22-2013, 07:00 PM
So if you have an issue with your neighbor seeing you, why are you hanging out on the front porch???

josrphine
08-22-2013, 07:20 PM
What was the question he asked you ????? JO

Wildaboutheels
08-22-2013, 07:24 PM
"Fight or flight" was what you did. Normal Human reaction to any unexpected "danger". ALL Humans are wired that way as a protection mechanism. Your brain does not care. It will equally protect you from "real danger and/or "perceived" danger.

It's no different than leaving one's house "dressed" for the first time. [Obviously, many here do not remember that experience] Even just out to the mailbox at 3 am. Frightening and exhausting. And the second time, is a wee bit easier and ever easier after that. We become conditioned as our brain learns. There is no way to "practice" reacting to what happened to you. OR...is there? Spending enough time [dressed] out in the RW, will give you a lot more confidence and even if you don't want your neighbors to know, you might chew on it a few seconds the next time before "fight or flight" kicks in.

regina young
08-22-2013, 07:37 PM
I could certainly see how that could be somewhat traumatic, but, like my wife says to me "whats done is done." Checking out my Halloween costume early because the wife was going to trash it anyway. Likely it will never come up again. Our lives are way more than what other people think.

Bootsiegalore
08-22-2013, 07:40 PM
Neighbors usually appear when you least expect them. You never know when they will need that cup of milk or pound of sugar, or are just being nosy.:heehee::battingeyelashes::)

Like the just being nosy! U bet. It would be no less embarrassing if you were nudists sitting there naked! Funny though!

candydawn75
08-22-2013, 07:42 PM
This is true in most situations. You panic after the fact. Hate that for you but hey next time you won't have to! lol

RADER
08-22-2013, 08:09 PM
You have to get a real Yapping Dog; not a killer dog, just one that makes a lot of noise
if someone comes close. They have better hearing and the nose can tell all who is coming.
It is like a burglar alarm on 4 feet, and with studded tires on all pawes....LOL
Rader

Sarah Beth
08-22-2013, 08:20 PM
It must be that fight or flight instinct that's in all of us, I myself have been known to take flight when surprised.

I had to have a chuckle, not over your getting "busted" but over all the nosey neighbor things. I live in a town full of nosey people and people who thing they know everyone else's business. I built a privacy fence around our backyard where our hot tub is. Once in awhile I still see someone trying to peak in the cracks between the boards.

You may or may not know but nude in the hut tub is the best way to enjoy it, and yes have been caught a time or to because the one gate or the other wasn't locked. Just glad that I was nude and wearhing something fem which I do from time to time. Yes I have wandered around the backyard dressed a few times mostly early morning or when it was dark but I always try to make sure the gates are locked first.

Nicole Erin
08-22-2013, 10:13 PM
I always remember that one episode of the big bang therory when Lenord knocks on the wrong door and a cross dresser answers.. he asked are you Sheldon? he says no you want the crazy one across the hall. :)

Some people are put off by TG. But after meeting Sheldon, someone would completely forget ever having seen a CD. Sheldon is nuttier than a squirrel turd.

chloe cute
08-22-2013, 10:20 PM
I remember when my roomate caught me in the middle of the night after i went from bathroom with my sleeping gown.... Hahahaaha...

PattiAllison
08-22-2013, 10:24 PM
Several of my neighbors have seen me dressed. I have decided that I am who I am and I will no longer hide the real me. It is a very good feeling not to have to hide.

sophi3
08-23-2013, 12:34 AM
Dam nosy neighbours...

Beverley Sims
08-23-2013, 04:26 AM
Don't Panic!
Just tell a real taaalll! story.
Works for me. :)

Requal Jo
08-23-2013, 05:09 AM
I have had a couple of close calls with my sons returning home unannounced. I dread the day I get caught out. When it comes I will be honest and hope they accept the explanation. Requal Jo.

linda allen
08-23-2013, 08:36 AM
So if you have an issue with your neighbor seeing you, why are you hanging out on the front porch???

Yes, good question. If you don't want people to know that you dress in women's clothes, don't do it where people have a chance of seeing you. I would have thought you would have already figured this out.

I suspect deep inside somewhere, you really wanted to get "caught".

DDee
08-23-2013, 09:46 AM
I think what you did was natural and I would of done the same thing and the regret also. I sit out on my deck in a nightgown in the morning with my wife, she always says what if someone comes by what would you do .

jayme357
08-23-2013, 04:41 PM
I had the same thing happen just last week. Sitting out on the enclosed back porch sipping a single malt with my wife. Red embossed T-shirt with black capris, 2" sandals with silver fringe, all the appripriate jewelry, masara and a little lipstick. No wig. Suddenly the door filled up with my neighbor who was bringing over some plants. He had seen the tv on and just walked in. The first thing I heard was "nice earrings". (They were long dangly silver with a series of hoops). My heart stopped! No one in the neighborhood, to the best of my knowledge, knows I dress. I crossed my arms over my chest to sort of conceal the prominent boobs as he walked across the room and sat in a chair. The only thing I could think to say was "would you like a glass of wine". While my blood pressure went into the red zone we actually sat and had a very normal converstation about planting ground cover and other mundane things. Shortly afterwards he left, but not before giving me a guy hug.

Ny wife has made it clear that this little secret was not to be shared with neighbors. She is afraid that they will make a huge issue over it. She was most upset with me for a few days but we have since been out for dinner with he and his wife and they have been wonderful. Not a word has been said by anyone. Sort of accepting as just a natural thing. My gratitude towards my neighbor is boundless. To borrow a phrase from the writing of Cathy Laura Peterson, "I Dreaded This Day and it Finally Came". Turns out it wasn't so bad after all, but I would prefer not to repeat such an event too often.

By the way, does anyone know where I can find the final chapters of Cathy's story (9-12)? Fiction Mania stopped carrying her stories.

linda allen
08-23-2013, 06:56 PM
.......... Ny wife has made it clear that this little secret was not to be shared with neighbors. She is afraid that they will make a huge issue over it. ........
It's the same with my wife. I hide my dressing as much or more for her sake as for mine. We must consider our families wishes and the trouble we might cause them.

Fortuneta
08-23-2013, 07:26 PM
Not yet had the pleasure...I enjoy walking the dog after dark. When oncoming foot traffic approaches, I just cross the street as not having the dog bother them. So far it has worked...but I do have a cute dog and can be recognized if a neighbor see's us. One of the notes above alluded to us "wanting to be caught"... I agree with that, I do.

sophi3
08-24-2013, 03:32 AM
'it's a dare!'
'I'm experiencing life trying different things.'

annecwesley
08-24-2013, 04:17 AM
I often take walks in the woods in a skirt. Most places I walk are seldom traveled - I have scouted them out. I always have an "escape plan" should I detect someone approaching (I've ducked off the trail undetected a few times). Usually I wear kilt-like skirts, or solid colored skirts with a fuller, more masculine look (honestly, some skirts are less conspicuous than others on a bearded man). One hot day recently I chose to wear a light flowery skirt over very sheer pantyhose and light Mary Jane mocs not for the feminine effect but because it was more comfortable for the weather. Sure enough I was caught quite without warning and it seemed flight would have been more awkward that standing my ground. He looked as startled to see me as I looked (I'm sure) to be seen. We exchanged a few passing words about mushrooms and as I glanced back when we passed, he was glancing back rather studiously.

Oh well. He was studying my legs more than my face, so if I see him in town I'm sure he would only recognize me if I was not wearing long trousers. It's time to get some summer weight kilts.

Kalista Jameson
08-24-2013, 04:47 AM
Hard to say whether the neighbor knew it was you under the hat or not. Guess you'll know the next time he comes around. =)

Off topic to Consuelo - Be careful about letting kids or anyone do anything on your property, especially skateboarding. They get hurt, you can lose everything when their parents sue - and they will. Used to own a in home childcare and had to learn all the details on that. =)

Cheers,

Kalista