PDA

View Full Version : Thread for the "brave" ones...

Wildaboutheels
08-22-2013, 07:08 PM
BRAVE as in CDers of all varieties who leave their houses "dressed" to some degree and risk rubbing elbows with the masses...

Are there 3 classes maybe and not just the two OBVIOUS ones?

One group being the "full dressers". They ONLY go full tilt or they don't go OUT at all.

The second group are the partial dressers. They DON'T go full tilt and/or make any attempt to "pass" as a woman.

Based on some of the posts here, I wonder if there is possibly a third group? Maybe a CD "hybrid"? Sometimes they make every effort, wigs, makeup, forms etc., and other times they only throw on an item or two of clothing and dispense with all the "womanly" appearance efforts?

Care to make any predictions about how many folks may be "hybrids"?

josrphine
08-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Hay there The third group is called the shop group, have you ever gone into a store dress with skirt nice blouse heels. Then look at the real women shopping shorts, dungarees tank tops no make up. I can spot the C D's real fast they are the good looking. nicely dressed real good make up. Thats the 2nd group the 3rd is real shoping women. JO

Kate Simmons
08-22-2013, 07:41 PM
I think I just have my own group. I like to look nice and feminine when I dress but don't necessarily try to pass myself off as a woman. I just do it mostly to dance and have fun and socialize and just let onlookers draw their own conclusions about me. I guess you would call that the I don't GAFF group.:battingeyelashes::)

regina young
08-22-2013, 07:45 PM
"full dresser" gosh I feel like a Harley Davidson. But I could not make a guess, don't know the personalities well enough to venture one.

MysticLady
08-22-2013, 07:49 PM
When I go out dressed, I really don't care if people read me. It's also fun just seeing the expression on their faces, when I start too talk too them. That's the best part in my book.

JBPerry
08-22-2013, 08:25 PM
As of right now, I don't really go all out...I sometimes have a fem top (that isn't so obviously fem) or fem pants (that aren't so obvious) on....my only fem shoes that I wear out are slippers that look like ballet flats. I would love to go out in a dress or top and skirt but since I am still in the military, that isn't an option. Now, when I get out, I will be going out dressed more....depending on the wife's limits..

Wildaboutheels
08-22-2013, 08:28 PM
MANY here [X percentage of this group] do have a GOAL when they go out. They want to be seen as/TREATED as a lady.

These ladies would be the "full dressers".

Or am I reading things wrong somehow?

We can't be having confused "newbies" can we?

Whether people "pass"or not is immaterial to this thread.

candydawn75
08-22-2013, 08:33 PM
Well I guess I fall into the second. I were and item or 2 and don't try to pass. The wife is almost to the point of letting us go out. She says when she does my make up I can pass. So we will see if I end up in 1 or 3.

Marcia Blue
08-22-2013, 09:20 PM
I fully dress or I do not go out. Not that I need to pass, but I do want to blend in.

Karren H
08-22-2013, 09:33 PM
I don't do anything half way! lol

Sometimes Steffi
08-22-2013, 09:43 PM
I go out fully dressed, with the goal of passing like a woman, but I know I don't. I would need to improve my makeup skills by an order of magnitude to really pass.

Sometimes I'm really into the full effect. Girdles, hip pads, top that hides my arm hair, etc. Sometimes, especially in the summer, I just can't handle all those layers. I may let my arm hair show, or my unshaved pits. So, I don't always go full out, but close.

PattiAllison
08-22-2013, 10:00 PM
I want to be perceived as a woman all of the time but I dress according to the situation. Special occasions call for full makeup and a dress or skirt and of course heels. Casual dress is womans jeans, shoes and undies.

sandra-leigh
08-22-2013, 10:10 PM
MANY here [X percentage of this group] do have a GOAL when they go out. They want to be seen as/TREATED as a lady.

These ladies would be the "full dressers".

Or am I reading things wrong somehow?

Like many many women, sometimes I dress "functionally" and sometimes I dress to impress.

Three days ago, several different people consistently referred to me as "ma'm" even after hearing me speak in my normal voice. What I was wearing was blue sandals; jeggings (same pair I have worn for a good 18 months); a plain long-sleeved blue top (that I have owned for at least a year); stone earrings whose total dangle is 2" (and which were mostly hidden by my hair); and a subtle lipstick that mostly just makes my lips look a little less inhuman. I was carrying the same purse I have carried everywhere for the last 15-ish months. My hair was in a ponytail, exposing my high forehead. Why did they refer to me as female? Answer: because I am female, and females do not need to constantly go in full female costume to be recognized as and treated as female.

kimdl93
08-22-2013, 10:28 PM
Is there a question here? Yes, I am a full dresser. I tried partial and it didn't work or me.
I've been doing this for a while now...a couple of years. Is it bravery? Maybe is something else...whatever that may be.

Leah Lynn
08-22-2013, 10:30 PM
I'm usually completely dressed, but it depends on what I'm doing. I'm as comfortable in skirt, top, hose and heels, with all the extras, as I am in a cami, capris and sandals, again with all the extras. Always wig and makeup, bling and sometimes forms. I do have my own homegrown B cuppers.

Leah

NathalieX66
08-22-2013, 10:39 PM
Well , I'm in group one....the full dresser that goes out. And I would like to say that it is not as glamourous as you might think. I average my girl side publically about one to four months a months, but lately the outings have been once or twice a months, mainly because of my schedule.
Dressing in public is easy for me, dress & heels and all. I just do it. More often, it's just my rhinestone flip-flops, and a metallic purple pedicure. I picked a place in life that makes me happy, and I went for it.

I'm less than two weeks away from jumping on a plane and landing in Atlanta wearing a dress, so I'm psyched. This is a big deal for me.

Jenny CD
08-22-2013, 10:43 PM
When I go out dressed, I really don't care if people read me. It's also fun just seeing the expression on their faces, when I start too talk too them. That's the best part in my book.

Yeah, that look of WTF is hilarious after you speak in a male voice! And, I don't care if I get read either. When I go shopping, I'm "dressed down". Like a blouse and jean skirt, sandals. My hair is pulled back and makeup is light. However, in the daytime I wear some big ole white sunglasses. I think they're cute.

On another quick note, earlier today I was at Target (dressed), and who do I see but a co-worker and his wife. They didn't recognize me at all. So, speaking of brave I purposely walked by them several times. Not even a 2nd glance. That was fun!!!

Leona
08-22-2013, 10:46 PM
I'm a hybrid-in-waiting. :) I wear just bites and pieces, but haven't gotten to the full-blown trying to pass thing.

Also, after being here and talking about it more, I'm finding I'm less interested in passing and more interested in being accepted as a woman, and treated accordingly (use my girl name, use female pronouns, and treat me the same as you'd treat any other woman, so if you'd hold the door for a GG, please hold it for me too).

So, definitely hybrid-in-waiting. Already mix-dress, so all I've got to do to be in your third group is go all dressed up. I've done it all except for makeup, though, but didn't go out so much as hung out in the parking lot and chatted people up...

MissJoanne
08-22-2013, 11:11 PM
'Full' for me. All or nothing. If I'm doing it, I'm doing it right.

whowhatwhen
08-22-2013, 11:42 PM
Not sure if it counts but all I'm doing now is basically acting and trying to appear queer as hell.
So far so good and hopefully it'll make things easier down the road.

PS: Painted nails are a great conversation starter
:)

Tracii G
08-23-2013, 12:08 AM
Not sure where I am just get up and dress what feels right for the day.Maybe do my hair, light touch of make up and dress casually.Some see me as a woman some don't so a hybrid of sorts.
Some days the all femme mode hits and I go all out with the wig full make up and appropriate clothes for the plans of the day.Dressy to some extent maybe office casual.
Might be a maxi dress and sandals and pack a picnic lunch and head to the park to snap pics and feed the geese.
Today was enfemme day went downtown shopped a bit at some funky shops,had lunch at a bistro called Natasha's which is a trans friendly hangout,but most were just regular folks.
Had a fun day overall.
Kind of had the casual 60's hippy look today flowered bell bottom jeans platform sandals and peasant top and bangles/camo handbag.

oliviall
08-23-2013, 12:26 AM
I have dressed up and dressed down, but if I am going out its always the entire package, no matter casual or dressed up. Mainly don't want the whole man in a dress thing. If I am made I at least want to look like I have put in the effort.

Suzanne F
08-23-2013, 02:27 AM
I go out in public fully dressed about twice a month. I try to wear what is appropriate for a woman in that environment. I always wear makeup and wig. I don't pass 100% but do blend in. I just want to be as feminine as I can. It's funny just 5 months ago I couldn't imagine the freedom of going out as Suzanne. Tomorrow night I will be out in San Francisco!
Suzanne

PaulaQ
08-23-2013, 02:35 AM
I've been 24/7 for the past couple of months. I wear women's clothes and forms and a wig all the time - but sometimes I go out without makeup. Sometimes I just don't have time, other times I'm doing an errand like running to home depot - I refuse to go to any extra effort to pass at home depot. (No makeup = not passing at all, makeup = I pass more often than I'd have ever expected.) Hopefully with HRT, electrolysis, and maybe some other cosmetic work, I can pass with light makeup. (That's my goal.) But as of now, it's either spend 45-60 minutes on makeup, get called "sir" a lot. I just refuse to get completely dolled up to buy lumber...

Beverley Sims
08-23-2013, 04:34 AM
I can be a minimalist and still pass.
If I couldn't I wouldn't.

Lori B
08-23-2013, 05:44 PM
I'm a full tilter:thumbsup:..................but usually tilt too much after one too many Margaritas:heehee:

jennyscott
08-23-2013, 06:38 PM
Second group for me. I don't have much time or freedom yet to practice dressing up all the way (wig or make up). School's cranking up. More opportunities may lay ahead. I am working up the courage(?) to have THE TALK with my wife.

Lainie
08-23-2013, 07:13 PM
I dress appropriately for the circumstance; e.g., skirt & flats for shopping, dress & heels for dining. Never shave the handlebar, but sometimes have adopted a partial mask over nose/upper lip/cheeks to hide it. I'm only fooling myself with the mask, still clearly a man in a dress. Other variations include or omit wig or DD breast forms.

And sometimes in mufti; e.g., women's pants & polo shirt, messenger bag or purse.

Michelle (Oz)
08-23-2013, 08:54 PM
Well , I'm in group one....the full dresser that goes out.

I'm less than two weeks away from jumping on a plane and landing in Atlanta wearing a dress, so I'm psyched. This is a big deal for me.

I'm a varient of group 1 out and about 3 to 4 times a week - fully dressed and made up but often in clothes such as short skirts that stop me blending. I dress as I perceive myself and still get good comments. Most think I'm 20 years younger than I am.

I am very excited for you Nathalie. I returned from an interstate trip last Thursday flying pretty both ways. It is just the best experience. Qantas must have adjusted my profile as the cabin crew know me as Michelle when dressed and are quite chatty. Makes me feel special. Please post your experiences and photos.

Carla4Guage
08-23-2013, 10:09 PM
I go out dressed with the full intent of passing. I don't dress as if I was going to a nightclub, but rather the clothes that my neighbors would wear to go to the say grocery store or post office. I guess I'm in the first group. Sometimes I just have on lipstick, but usually I have more, but again not what I would wear to go on a date or something like that.

WandaRae2009
08-23-2013, 10:23 PM
I dress partially more than fully. Most times I only have a couple of hours, and putting on makeup and taking it off just takes to long. I go with just the clothes and sometimes a wig, just not full makeup. I really helps to satisfy the urges

linda allen
08-24-2013, 01:59 PM
"One group being the "full dressers". They ONLY go full tilt or they don't go OUT at all."

That would be me. I don't get to go out a lot because I need to conceal my dressing from my neighbors, but when I do, I try to pass myself off as a female. I don't really want the attention of being a "man in a dress".

I will admit to wearing panties almost full time though. Nobody sees them so I don't think that counts for much.

GinaD
08-24-2013, 04:57 PM
When I go out, my goal is appear in as complete a womanly form as I can muster, whether or not I'm dressed in a skirt and heels or sweats and a t-shirt. I always have a wig on, lacy things underneath, forms, and at least some make up to cover the irregularities. I want to look and feel feminine all the time, but especially when I'm out.

AmyGaleRT
08-27-2013, 04:34 AM
Group 1, definitely. When I venture outside as Amy, it's a full presentation. Without makeup, in particular, I wouldn't feel nearly as convincing. But the basic elements can vary from casual to dressy, depending on the situation.

- Amy

GeorgeA
10-02-2013, 08:31 PM
'Full' for me. All or nothing. If I'm doing it, I'm doing it right.

I am sure that "all" will be less noticeable than "nothing".lol