PDA

View Full Version : Didn't know what to say.

Maria 60
08-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Last week my wife and I went to a outlet mall and I bought a polka dot skirt, when I came home to try it on it was to big so I told my wife that I was going to throw it out and after all we only paid it five dollars. Tonight she came home from work, she walked in with her dry cleaning in her hand, she reached in the dry cleaning bag and she threw the polka dot skirt at me. I asked her what she was still doing with this skirt. She told me she had it taken in and to try it on and see if it fits. I stood there stunned didn't know what to say, it was almost like it was the best thing anyone has ever did for me. I asked why she did it, she told me she seen how disappointed I was when it didn't fit so she had it fixed for me. I was still standing there with the skirt in my hand almost like a feeling to cry, and looking at her like I don't deserve to have this thoughtful women in my life, and thinking back about thirty years and how impossible i thought this moment would ever had been. I looked at her and to her it was like she didn't do anything and kept asking me to try it on. I tried it on and it fit perfect, I thanked her again and she said I don't know why I was making a big deal she only paid five dollars to get it fixed. I told her it's not that is was only five dollars, it was the thought that she did this for me. I don't know why but as I am sitting here wearing my new skirt and writing this and I feel so emotional, and still in a little disbelief that she would do something so kind like this for me. I don't know why I am feeling this way I should be feeling so happy. I had to share this with my friends here, thanks for listening.

Sarah Beth
08-22-2013, 08:09 PM
What a wonderful sweet gesture on your wifes part. You should fell happy, I hope that you are because that is just a wonderful moment of validation in your relationship. We need to savor those.

SophieKitty
08-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Awwwww that's one of the most beautiful things I've heard. I'm so happy for you two. You're the perfect couple ^.^ I really hope to have a wife one day who can be as supportive of me as that. You treat her well, and return the favour when you can!

JBPerry
08-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Awesome! These are the kind of stories I love to hear!

JamieG
08-22-2013, 08:29 PM
What a sweet woman your wife must be.

paulaloha
08-22-2013, 08:54 PM
Such an awesome story! Gives me hope that perhaps I'll find a girl that amazing one day!

DDee
08-22-2013, 09:00 PM
Such a nice story :)

DDee

Marcia Blue
08-22-2013, 09:14 PM
Spouse's are the nicest people. Your wife shows why.

Tracii G
08-22-2013, 09:18 PM
She sure sounds like a wonderful wife. Lucky you sweetie.

paulaprimo
08-22-2013, 09:20 PM
wow, great story!! sounds like the true definition of love to me...
you are very lucky to have such a wonderful partner in your life! :)

Bethany_Anne_Fae
08-22-2013, 09:26 PM
I LOVE it when posts like this one hit our boards :) The positive stuff is out there and it feels good to read about it :)

*hugs*
Bethany

kimdl93
08-22-2013, 09:27 PM
Spyware that feeling with her.

Princess Grandpa
08-22-2013, 09:27 PM
What a beautiful thing! Brought a tear to my eye. Thank you for sharing his with us!

Hug
Rita

PattiAllison
08-22-2013, 10:05 PM
Maria, you have a wonderful wife! Please give her a kiss for me!

BethCD
08-23-2013, 12:05 AM
Maria, Your wife is super awesome
!! Please treat her super nicely!
Beth

Milli Montanari
08-23-2013, 01:17 AM
What a beautiful wife!

bridget thronton
08-23-2013, 01:19 AM
Very nice gesture

Lindsey3
08-23-2013, 01:20 AM
What a wonderful wife. You need to make sure she understands how wonderful she is.

tanya2013
08-23-2013, 01:35 AM
You have a great wife. My wife buys me clothes but im not sure she would get something altered for me.

Suzanne F
08-23-2013, 02:43 AM
So sweet! I have had those kind of moments with my wife. I find myself more touched than I have ever been in my life. Your story is so encouraging!
Suzanne

donnalee
08-23-2013, 03:32 AM
What a lovely gesture! And she knew your size and shape - what a darling. Please show her just how much you love her.

TheMissus
08-23-2013, 03:39 AM
Funny, and I'm here thinking 'what a sweet husband for making such a big deal over something so small.'

I struggle endlessly with this CD issue, largely because I can't find a good side to my H's 'hobby', and then I read here and realise he too is an incredibly grateful, appreciate partner. All day, everyday my friends complain about husbands who are hardly home, never engage the kids, indulge their own hobbies (sports, drinking, cars), and are generally useless, self-centred partners. I currently have two friends leaving marriages to men exactly like this. They bend and twist their lives to accommodate their husband's needs and this still isn't enough. (One literally used to take her children to visit family overseas so hubby would have more time to do his thing!)

And here a husband cries because his wife has a skirt altered?

Maybe there's more positives to this CD issue than I realized.

Beverley Sims
08-23-2013, 04:36 AM
I think share these emotions with your wife and show that you really care.

Deedee Skyblue
08-23-2013, 04:58 AM
Maria, you owe her one!

Deedee

linda allen
08-23-2013, 09:03 AM
You have a great wife. Be sure and tell and show her how much you love her.

My wife and I shop together and she will pick out things for me. Yesterday we were shopping and I noticed a cute dress. I pointed it out to her and she liked it as well. When we got home, she tried it on, then I tried it on. It fit both of us. I left it on the bed and she hung it up on my side of the closet. I love her.

Princess Grandpa
08-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Funny, and I'm here thinking 'what a sweet husband for making such a big deal over something so small.'

And here a husband cries because his wife has a skirt altered?

Maybe there's more positives to this CD issue than I realized.

My father was one of those men you discussed. Most of my life I have made a conscious effort to ensure Julie never felt taken for granted. Mostly I like to think I was successful. To be honest it frequently felt contrived. That you are trying so hard with something that feels so unnatural to you is a testament to your love for your SO. even that much effort is so rare compared to the stories of total intolerance.

Sometimes when I think about how the dice rolled for me with Julie not only able to accept it but enjoy it, I am so overwhelmed with emotion it's unbelievable. Granted I seem to be a big ball of emotions these past few months but...

I really hope you and your SO are able to find a balance.

Hug
Rita

larry
08-23-2013, 09:50 AM
Goose Bumps !!!

stacey.eyes
08-27-2013, 08:09 PM
That is so incredibly sweet! I can identify a little bit, because I cried when my wife gave me a bunch of old nail polish colors she didn't want any more instead of throwing them away.

Being Paige
08-27-2013, 08:14 PM
thats awesome, you are the luckiest girl to havre such a supportive wife!! Make sure that you get her some flowers sometime just because!!

Victoria Davison
08-27-2013, 08:15 PM
That is so sweet!

Be mindful to repay her with twice or thrice the love! Love grows and thrives in leaps and bounds, nurture and cultivate this!

BLUE ORCHID
08-27-2013, 09:01 PM
Hi Maria, Now you need to do something special for your wonderful wife.

heatherdress
08-28-2013, 12:30 AM
Marie - I thank you for sharing a wonderful event. I agree with everyone that you wife is a special, caring person. I also suggest that the emotion and gratitude you shared indicates that you are a special caring person, too. You are both lucky to have each other. Thanks for making me feel very happy.

Diversity
08-28-2013, 12:38 AM
How nice was that? You are fortunate to have such a caring wife. I am happy for you both, and it is obvious through her actions, that she cares very much for you.
Best wishes to you both.
Di

Tina B.
08-28-2013, 10:48 AM
Maria, that's sweet, a very nice gesture on your wife's part. My wife never gets the chance to do a thing like that, I'm more the it's to tight kind of shopper, but she does take things back for me. Considering the difference in our size, I think that's nice of her, like you I would just toss it out, I but sale items on the cheap most of the time anyway. Or I keep it and promise to lose weight, then toss it when it goes out of style and still doesn't fit.

Yes CD men do make great husbands! We are more likely to help with house chores, as well as still doing the man things out in the yard, or under the car. We are more likely to be home more, because our real interest is there, (family, and female wardrobe)
We are more understanding, when it takes a women an hour or more to get ready, (been there, know what it takes to get it done). And we will sit and watch Chick flix, home improvement and personal improvement programs with the girls gladly. Many of us have great mothering instincts, We are worth hanging on to!