PDA

View Full Version : Out To My Daughter.

HaleyPink2000
12-23-2005, 10:31 PM
Two months ago I came out to my Daughter. She is 31 and has 3 children and a husband. It's been real nice like a weight off my chest telling her. She ran an HR department for a Major Company. She did this for 6 years.

Like I said a while back I thought I needed to tell her and stop hiding me from her. When we talk, go to family parties etc. So it did happen. I called Her on the phone and said: Hun we need to talk". That did open the door for, " What’s wrong Dad"? Ok Well it was like meet me at our lunch spot and we will talk during lunch.

Lunchtime came and I was shaking like a tree in a high wind. Drove the 2 miles to the tavern, and went in. Wow thank goodness the place was near empty. When She came in and sat down I could tell there was a look in her eyes of like what's wrong. She never did stop looking me straight in the eyes the complete time. It was like this, " Dad, it's fine with me if your a CD. In fact I'm happy that you are. That explains how come we are such friends, and can talk so openly about anything".

The entire lunch hour did go so well. I was wondering what I did so right that week to deserve this, LOLOL. But really, I was quite happy with the outcome. Now Her and I are like the next step closer than we had ever been.
Nothing would stand in Her way of supporting me. She even goes to my TriEss meetings with me. My Wife doesn't go.

But shopping with my wife and my Daughter together is a Hoot. My Daughter and I talk about how nice a dress might look on me, or about femme clothing etc. Oh and we kid each other just like Girls do. My Wife was the pooper for a long time. Just recently has she started warming up to the fact that I'm a CD and it's not going to change no matter how much She wants it to.

I'm so glad I trusted my Daughter enough to talk this over with Her.

Haley:)

Kayla Smith
12-23-2005, 11:15 PM
Good for you Haley:thumbsup: , I am so happy for you sis.:)

I know how good it feels to be out to a daughter, well in my case it was both of by daughters and I came out to both of them in August of this year, my oldest daughter is 13 almost 14 and my youngest is now 12. When I told them they had the same reaction that your daughter had, which was that it was no big deal that I am a CD. They too love to go shopping with me for new girl items and they go with me to my Tri-Ess meetings as well as my wife.

Hugs:hugs:

robinLynn
12-23-2005, 11:15 PM
good for you that took nerves of steel

Marlena Dahlstrom
12-24-2005, 01:30 AM
Congratulations! I can tell how difficult it was for you, but hopefully your daughter's acceptance will lead your wife to be more accepting as well.

Holly
12-24-2005, 01:45 AM
Haley, all those lessons you taught your daughter while she was growing up seems to have paid off. Congratulations to you and your daughter... and your wife who seems to be warming up to the fact that you are a CD. Best to all of you.

Tootsye
12-24-2005, 01:56 AM
Congratulations Haley,
I am out to both my daughters and my son, all in their forties! They have know now for three or four years! When they were first told, each in turn looked at their Mom and asked how she felt about it! She, of course, is supportive of my cross dressing, so they are at least tolerant. They do not want to go shopping with me, so that is sad, but my youngest daughter has access to shoes, so she gets them for me!
Our 17 year old granddaugher lives with us temprorarily, and she knows! If she would go shopping with me, she would get clothes like she never even imagined! <g>
Tootsye

Sharon
12-24-2005, 04:27 AM
Congratulations, Haley! I know how difficult and nerve-racking it can be to divulge this to your children.
Your daughter sounds like a wonderful girl. :)

KatieZ
12-24-2005, 09:41 AM
Congrats Haley. It is so great when you can talk and joke about it with your daughter.

I told my daughter about a month or so ago, (there's a thread about it somewhere here). She was kinda nervous talking about it in person but we talked pretty comfortably on the phone. Anyway I was at her house last night and I told her that it more came in waves and at times I would dress a lot and at other times I wasn't as much into it. I said right now I was not dressing as much. She said " yeah I feel for you Pop, Them heels are a bi*ch in the snow". We both cracked up laughing at that.

Hugs

Jenny Beth
12-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Very cool Haley. My daughter will turn 28 next month and has no problem with my femme side. Nothing can compare with the time we met with me all dolled up and she gave me a hug and complimented my appearance. I hope the same happens for you.

Stephanie Kay
12-24-2005, 11:44 AM
Haley, dear

Congratulations!! What a wonderful story! I bet you are so happy and perhaps even regret that you didn't do this sooner!! Our children are so wise!! Aren't they great!! Sounds like your wife is having a transforming experience also. I know you will be healthier than you have ever been!! And your relationship may blossom too! Merry Christmas and have an absolutely wonderful and feminine New Year!!

Wendy me
12-24-2005, 11:55 AM
veary cool indeed just got to love a story like that.....

Michellemartyn
12-24-2005, 12:37 PM
Congratulations Haley

I know how hard it is I told my daughter soom weeks ago, She has been OK but is more nervous of her friends seeing me which I can understand she is only 16 thats a funny age for all of us. My son is doing much better but as he,s 20 I feel he has on probs with his sexualaty

GypsyKaren
12-24-2005, 02:30 PM
Hi Haley

I'm so glad that it went well for you. I plan on telling my daughter that I'm tg today, and I'm really nervous about it. She's almost 27 now, and she loves me a great deal, so I'm hoping that she sees the happiness in my eyes when I get to be the real me.

I've been telling more and more people about me since I came out to my wife earlier this year, and so far everyone's cool with it. One of my boys knows, I'll tell my oldest in a few months. I'm quite scared, actually, because I don't want to lose her, that would really be devastating. But you know, I can't live a lie anymore, and she deserves to know the truth. I just hope it all goes okay.

GypsyKaren

Adrianne
12-25-2005, 07:28 AM
Congratulations Haley you could never have ask for a better outcome, sounds like you have a wonderful daughter.

HaleyPink2000
01-16-2006, 12:05 AM
I am so lucky to have met you all on here. It's been a good bonding for me and many of you. I have learned many things off this forum. The big thing is to trust in yourself. Seems since I have been more happy with who I am, more people are happy to be around me also. I am more accepted for who I am and what little diversions I have.

Thank you my Sisters for all the Help and advice.

Your Sister Haley:)

Darlena
01-16-2006, 12:21 AM
That is wonderful to have a daughter like that. My Jennifer is the same way. I haven't been shopping with her yet. Love & kisses,