PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts From Eva

Aly Cat
08-22-2013, 11:13 PM
So in a different thread that I was posting in, I mentioned ditching the boy parts and a random thought occurred.

After SRS is complete and the boy parts are gone, is phantom limb syndrome an issue? I mean, having lived with a body part for 31 years I would think if it's gone, there would be some form of remnant feelings of it still being there.

Just a random passing thought.

Kate Simmons
08-23-2013, 09:06 AM
I'm kinda doubting it but you would have to get the answers from sisters who have transitioned already. I'm thinking that when you become a woman, you won't have too much time to think about it because then the real work begins.:battingeyelashes::)

kimdl93
08-23-2013, 09:16 AM
I am anxious to hear what those experience have to say. I do believe that some of the tissues involved are retained and "repurposed" in the construction of the female genitalia. So, its not so much that its gone as that its changed its shape and function. Kinda neat, when you think about it!

Kaitlyn Michele
08-23-2013, 10:11 AM
no..............

Lorileah
08-23-2013, 10:14 AM
the phantom "limb" isn't a phantom. Just remodeled. Hopefully with the correct surgery, you will retain the feelings and be able to have fun. Phantom limb is when the part is gone and nerve endings send impulses incorrectly.

Jorja
08-23-2013, 10:38 AM
a big NO from me too.

Angela Campbell
08-23-2013, 11:19 AM
I don't know, but I'm gonna find out.

LeaP
08-23-2013, 11:22 AM
http://chip.ucsd.edu/pdf/occurence_phantom_genitalia.pdf

Apparently it hasn't been studied much. It does occur in some post-ops according to this, however. The incidence is believed to be lower than in the non-transsexual population (amputation for other reasons, e.g. disease).

Ariamythe
08-23-2013, 12:20 PM
Ooh, good link, LeaP. I'm going to add that one to my files.