PDA

View Full Version : coming out to my brother

tanya2013
08-25-2013, 01:47 PM
I have spent the weekend at my brothers and i decided to come out to him and his partner last night i was shocked at how calm he was about me crossdressing. He has even said i can dress up next time i come over i can dress up all i like. It feels amazing having him except who i am.

Thanks for reading Tanya.

SophieKitty
08-25-2013, 01:56 PM
So happy for you. I think that people who you fear the most can be the most accepting and the most pleasantly surprising! Thank goodness my brother and I share the same skin!

Tina B.
08-25-2013, 03:50 PM
congratulations! It nice when family have no problems with it.

Rachelakld
08-25-2013, 06:55 PM
Such a good experience, my family were the same

tanya2013
08-25-2013, 07:13 PM
my brother is probably the only person in my family that would understand. if i told my mum she would flip out shes a devout christian and she doesn't agree with CD or anything like that really. im just happy ive now got somewhere else i can be myself and i think i would feel OK with going out femme in his village.

thanks for reading Tanya.

Robin777
08-25-2013, 09:18 PM
It is nice when you have a family member that understands. I know my two older brothers wouldn't understand and my elderly parents would probably have an heart attack. You are blessed to have an understanding brother. I am blessed to have an loving and understanding wife.

Robin

Shannon C.
08-26-2013, 05:59 AM
I dreaded telling my brother that I was a crossdresser. My brother growing up was quite homophobic and I was not sure where his stance was on things like this. I had told my parents, friends, and other family members, but my brother was the one that scared me the most.

I had just started shaving my legs when I first went to see his new house. He asked me what was going on with the shaved legs and I told him I would tell him later as I didn't want to do it in front of his wife. He was upset that I didn't tell him right off the bat. I think he initially thought I had cancer or some terrible disease. We met the next day at a local brewery and over a few beers I told him who I am and what I do.

I was shocked and amazed at his reaction to the news. He actually shed some tears knowing how difficult all of this was for me and for having to hide myself from everyone for so long. He told me he would love me no matter what and then spoken like a true older brother said "now I can snap your bra strap." It made me smile and laugh.

Shannon

mariehart
08-26-2013, 07:15 AM
I told my brother. His main reaction was a shrug and he said: 'Whatever your into'. I did dress up in front of him but in the end I got uncomfortable with it and stopped. He hasn't mentioned it since. A characteristic reaction of those in my family who know.

He isn't the most demonstrative person so not too surprising. We're not close anymore.

BLUE ORCHID
08-26-2013, 07:49 AM
Hi Tanya, Sounds like you have a great brother.

Beverley Sims
08-27-2013, 08:11 AM
Tanya,
that is great, but initially do not overwhelm him with too much, he may suffer a reversal of opinion.
That is a natural reaction and will leave you confused.