PDA

View Full Version : Online names - m or f

TessaGirl
08-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Just wondered how much you use male or female-sounding usernames related to your male/ female name on other forums/websites such as facebook etc. I use a number of different forums etc, and facebook is the only place where my real name is essential, though do have a subtly female url to my profile that no-one ever seems to notice. Apart from one or two outdated ones that cannot be changed, all my other usernames are usually variants of Tamzin, Charlotte, or Olivia, they are perhaps my three favourite names of all.

suzy1
08-25-2013, 03:46 PM
I am on a debating website that is full of aggressive men and I am Suzy there.
It’s interesting because I am either treated as a bit naïve or the men make allowances for me being a girl. Aren’t men lovely.:)

bridget thronton
08-25-2013, 03:58 PM
I use Bridget as a login one quite a few social media and virtual world sites

Dianne S
08-25-2013, 04:06 PM
I only use "Dawn" on CD sites. Everywhere else I use my male name.

Lady Catherine
08-25-2013, 04:09 PM
I have 2 profiles on facebook and ebay. Never had an issue anywhere with it of using my femme persona.

ArleneRaquel
08-25-2013, 04:20 PM
I use female names, usually ArleneRaquel, on all sites where I am a member except one.

GaleWarning
08-25-2013, 04:31 PM
This is the only forum of which I am a member. My names (previous and present) are both androgynous, like me, although Gale may not seem so.

Chrissy52
08-25-2013, 06:54 PM
Have not picked out a female name as of now it will come in time I suppose. Dressing on and off for 40 years I have thought about how it will end Two personilty in one body both with needs it is so hard

tanya2013
08-25-2013, 07:18 PM
i only use my female name on here and one other forum. every where else i use my male name as this is still kinda new to me as ive only been known as Tanya for about 4 months.

JBPerry
08-25-2013, 07:57 PM
my username can go both ways.....although my fem name uses different initials, not everybody knows that on the many forums I am part of

AmyGaleRT
08-26-2013, 02:58 AM
My main online identities aside from this site are Gmail and Facebook...and those are listed under "Amy Tapie." (My male side has separate ones, and the two are completely separated.)

Aside from those, there's little if any intersection between the online activities of my selves.

- Amy

noeleena
08-26-2013, 03:28 AM
Hi,

noeleena, edwina Loch-head. is my name , plus being on over 100 forums my name & picture is the same ,Iv never used a false name or picture, so what you see is just myself, im all real.

...noeleena...

Seana Summer
08-26-2013, 06:54 AM
Right now this is the only forum I participate in where I am willing to talk about CDing. When I came up with my "female" name I just tagged on an a. Really it was more to try to fit in with others on the forum than anything, I thought it might make others more comfortable with my presence. All other forums I participate in its just Sean

Beverley Sims
08-26-2013, 07:03 AM
I do not partake in any other forums.

mariehart
08-26-2013, 07:24 AM
Hi,

noeleena, edwina Loch-head. is my name , plus being on over 100 forums my name & picture is the same ,Iv never used a false name or picture, so what you see is just myself, im all real.

..noeleena...Well my given name is Noel, which in fact can be male or female even spelled like that. Somehow appropriate. Of course mostly the female form is spelt Noelle or down there in the antipodes as Noeleen or Noeleena. But I don't like the name and I suspect I'd have been called Mary if I had been born female. But I like Marie. On the few forums I continue to contribute to. I either use a neutral name or my given name I there's no need to remain anonymous.

Funny thing, many people in real life affectionately call me Noely. Somehow I think it's almost an unconscious response to often slightly feminine male persona.

BLUE ORCHID
08-26-2013, 07:45 AM
Hi Tamsin, Orchid is only on two CD forums .

linda allen
08-26-2013, 01:20 PM
For a time a few years ago I used my female name on a couple non crossdressing web forums. It started when a moderator took issue with a question I asked him (not about the forum, about a subject covered by the forum) and insted of replying, he just discontinued my account without any explanation. Since I couldn't log in and was pretty pi$$ed, I created an account in my female name, took the persona of a female, and posted as such. I continued for a couple years, then created a new male account and that's what I've been using. It was kind of fun. I kept having to say "my husband said......." or "my husband does ......... "

Frédérique
08-26-2013, 03:11 PM
Just wondered how much you use male or female-sounding usernames related to your male/ female name on other forums/websites…

It depends what site it is, but if I do any participation (posting), I use one of two female names. If I remain a lurker, i.e. a non-participant, I will use my male nickname or variations thereof…

It’s interesting because I am either treated as a bit naïve or the men make allowances for me being a girl.

Yeah, that’s FUN (and revealing)! I especially love to expound on some lengthy political/historical diatribe (not on this site, mind you), and have some man post “How did a girl like you get so knowledgeable?” How, indeed…
:heehee:

Sarah Beth
08-26-2013, 05:39 PM
I have one for my business, one in my real name for family email etc and I think five or six now as Sarah. Sarah spends a lot more time online.

Quksilver420
08-28-2013, 04:52 AM
I don't want to be a girl I just like to dress like them so I use my old email and my guy name.