PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration

Veronica27
08-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Where do you get the inspiration to create a thread on this forum? I am in the habit of going for a long walk every day to keep my aging body as nimble as possible. As a closeted dresser, I am always in male mode on these treks, but my mind is often on crossdressing related matters. Sometimes it is simply my imagination taking over as I mentally picture myself fully dressed enfemme as I stride along. Other times I find myself pondering some question that has arisen in my mind, about myself, the community or the practice of dressing up in women's clothing. Often this leads to an idea for a thread.

This morning, I found myself contemplating whether or not crossdressing is actually a non-conformist form of expression or simply a transference of our conformity to another set of standards. Perhaps, I thought, this might make an interesting topic for the forum. Then I recalled having written a thread about conformity about a year or so ago, and decided that I had better look it up before plunging headlong into a repetitious topic. What I discovered was that while my original thread was looking at conformity from a slightly different approach, (i.e. whether it is beneficial or harmful to ourselves and society as a whole), many of the responses did in fact address the issues that I was currently pondering. In fact that thread became so interesting to me because of the quality of all the responses, that I decided that nothing I could say now could possibly add anything of value to those replies.

But inspiration is a strange and interesting topic by itself, and while reading the above mentioned thread, I began to wonder what my inspiration had been, and where do others get their inspirations. So the questions of the day are:

What are you usually doing when the inspiration to post strikes you?
Where are you when you become inspired?
Are you usually crossdressed or not when you get your inspirations?

Veronica

reb.femme
08-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Hi Veronica,

I can't remember when I last initiated a post, and I can dress fairly often if I please. So no, I don't have to be dressed to fire my imagination. I find I prefer to give the world 'the benefit' of my thoughts in answer to posts these days :heehee:.

Maybe for me, it's simply down to not having anything worthy of posting It would at best, in my view, be frivolous rubbish. :straightface:

Rebecca

GaleWarning
08-26-2013, 03:27 PM
Teaching
At school
No.

Succinct, no?

jenni_xx
08-26-2013, 03:28 PM
I get the inspiration from my own thoughts and experiences. I also seek inspiration from others who may be able to help me in terms of resolving any problems/issues/doubts/questions that I may have.

And sometimes, the posts written by others may strike a chord within myself, so that I feel compelled to reply.

When the inspiration to post strikes me, I am usually sat at a computer, reading other threads. Or I am in a situation that results in my feeling compelled to log in to the forum and ask a question.

Where I am when I become "inspired"? I can be anywhere.

As for being crossdressed or not, that is irrelevant to me.

xx

Kandy Barr
08-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Being relatively new here my threads have all involved asking questions, generally about where to get or how to apply something. I'm generally dressed in some manor of fem attire so that answers your other question.

Tracii G
08-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Everyday life usually give me the inspiration.

Frédérique
08-26-2013, 06:08 PM
Where do you get the inspiration to create a thread on this forum?

Things just usually pop into my head, and I quickly write them down before the next thing pops into my head. Sometimes I’ll get an idea that needs to be fleshed out, or connected with other ideas, so I do a little research first, but normally I write, review, reflect, and submit, during the span of a few hours…

I will “sit” on a thread OP now and then, sometimes for a few days, or a few weeks, only to re-shape it into something new, something lighter, or possibly more concise, or I lose interest in submitting it altogether and fold it back into the soufflé…

What are you usually doing when the inspiration to post strikes you? Where are you when you become inspired? Are you usually crossdressed or not when you get your inspirations?

I can be anywhere, doing most anything. Usually, I’m lying in bed thinking about something, or I see something on TV, or come across a (possible) CD-related phrase in a book. Just today I got a new idea while I was visiting the local library with my sister – we’ll see what develops. Also, threads often inspire other threads, and I will take note of something another member brought up (quite innocently) in a post. The overall “feel” of this particular discussion forum shapes thread topics, and their attendant wordage, in a highly invisible manner…

BTW, I am rarely crossdressed when I’m inspired to write about crossdressing. The former is like a dream state, while the latter is anything but…

Karren H
08-26-2013, 06:13 PM
I usually get inspired to post when I come up with some wacko idea in my head that wont go away till I tell someone about it.... here or more often on FaceBook.... worst case it provides a little comedic relief ....

Raychel
08-26-2013, 06:31 PM
I just have some random thoughts, or questions that I can't seem to find the answer for.
Sometimes it is an event that will inspire a new post. Never know what may go thru my mind
It is a scary place sometimes. :heehee:

Kate Simmons
08-26-2013, 06:53 PM
I don't have to be dressed in any specific way to come up with a subject to discuss. For myself being en femme is a frame of mind that is constantly with me and is part of my overall self. Whether I choose to express that in an outward way (i.e. dressing en femme) is totally up to me. I figure who we are inside is actually 95% of the total "Package" while the outward expression is the other 5%.:)

kimdl93
08-26-2013, 06:58 PM
I'm neither particularly clever, nor funny, and I hate being redundant, so I originate very few threads. Most of the few I have started were simply an opportunity to share an experience or to ask a practical question. I've shied away from purely rhetorical or philisophical questions.

BLUE ORCHID
08-26-2013, 07:59 PM
Hi Veronica, with so many great threads started everyday it seams like every time that I have a great thought someone else just posted it.

Wildaboutheels
08-26-2013, 11:58 PM
1] Reading one of the many Forum MYTHS or some of the many replies adding to the myth in question. NEWbies deserve the truth.

2] Home or work

3] Never

Beverley Sims
08-27-2013, 08:29 AM
1. My thought processes are active in some comedy I mat be writing and I jot the idea down for later.
2. Always where it is not convenient to put pen to paper.
3. Quite often dressed and very cross, because I can't find the paper.

I find toilet paper has no substance and is totally unsuitable. :)