PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting to ogle women for totally different reasons now...

Victoria Davison
08-26-2013, 08:08 PM
I'm sure this is a crossdresser cliche but experiencing it now for myself I feel compelled to share. As I have gotten more conscious about fashion, makeup, and how it all comes together, I've found I've been checking out women in a different way. I've done my share of locking my eyes onto some shapely figures, doing my best not to stare. But now it's less of, "check out those sexy legs and tight butt!" and more like "how does she get into those jeans?!" and "where can I get a top like that?"

I also am sneaking many more surreptitious glances at women's faces as I check their makeup. And now I watch woman in heels walk more like a scientist would than a red-blooded male.

My girlfriend knows I CD and I really have to rein it in when I go out with her, not because she is jealous of my wandering eyes, but because I get distracted getting inspirations for my next purchase! She is my confidante and I have to balance my enthusiasm so as not to dominate the conversation with CD talk. But it is SO nice to be able to share a moment here and there and she would say, "I think that would look great on Victoria". The key for me is to not take her support for granted.

So, basically my ogling frequency has not not changed, but now it's almost always with a totally different basis. Of course I still appreciate a fine female figure, but with each fleeting glimpse of female beauty I get, I'm making the decision to analyze rather than drool. This aspect really makes me feel more in touch with my feminine side and more "sisterly".

How has your view of women changed since you started dressing?

StephanieCD21
08-26-2013, 08:20 PM
I find myself now ogling for fashion tips or to critique.

Kandy Barr
08-26-2013, 08:41 PM
You're not alone in that respect Victoria, I was at the grocery store check out the other day and a fashion magazine jumped out at me, I bought it and have learned a lot. I also check the girls out when I'm out and about for what their wearing instead of what I'd like to do, imagine that.....

Karren H
08-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Seriously... I really cant remember what my view of women was..... before I was 7..... let alone how it changed....

Julie Denier
08-26-2013, 09:03 PM
I've always noticed legs and shoes; now I take note of outfits and especially makeup.

Sometimes Steffi
08-26-2013, 09:07 PM
I get a lot more girl smile greetings (even when I'm in my usual male mode) than I ever did before I accepted my crossdressing as part of me. I think it's because I look them right in the eyes not, um, lower. However, it could be because I'm older now and not seen as either a threat or a lover.

MissTee
08-26-2013, 09:13 PM
I appreciate nice looking ladies as always. However, I do mentally critique many more for their fashion choices regardless of their atractiveness.

Robin777
08-26-2013, 09:22 PM
Lately I have been looking at more how they dress and how they present themselves. I still ogle the very pretty girls. Most of the time it's been looking at the clothes and critiquing the ones that wear things they shouldn't.

Victoria Davison
08-26-2013, 09:24 PM
I do mentally critique many more for their fashion choices regardless of their atractiveness.

I noticed one girl today, she had way too much blush on. I wanted to pull her aside and say "girlfriend, tone it down, you're looking sunburned!"
Everyone's a critic, amiright?!

Connie.Marie
08-26-2013, 10:44 PM
Victoria,
I am looking at other ladies to see what they are wearing (colors, patterns, styles..), their make-up & their hairstyles. It's more for how did they do that than for critiquing them. I guess I don't feel like I know enough yet to actually tell a gg that she's doing it wrong. hugs, Connie Marie

Victoria Davison
08-26-2013, 10:58 PM
Victoria, I guess I don't feel like I know enough yet to actually tell a gg that she's doing it wrong.

Oh I'll *think* it especially after a nightlong youtube binge of watching makeup tutorials. But the day I critique a GG's makeup out loud to her is the day I'm standing next to her in flawless makeup and an impeccable wardrobe (translation: not any time soon!)

Gretchen_To_Be
08-26-2013, 11:15 PM
Hi Victoria. I am definitely hyper aware of women's fashions since coming fully to grips with my CD identity. I see so many women that could look so good, but they don't bother to try. By now "office casual" for the gals in my office is the same pair of "comfy" 1" or 2" sandals, never any sheer hose (not even in Winter--maybe opaque tights and boots once in a blue moon). As a guy, at least I make an effort--sharply creased trousers, starched & pressed shirts with French cuffs, etc. I sometimes think it is pure laziness...I could just as easily come in dressed in wrinkled Dockers and a denim shirt.

When I entered the working world in 1989, things were different! Women dressed liked women to the office. What happened?

Now you only see this abroad (especially Latin America)...though Europe and Asia have pockets of hose-wearing professional women too. Maybe that's why I love traveling.

JamieRohr
08-27-2013, 01:46 AM
I noticed one girl today, she had way too much blush on. I wanted to pull her aside and say "girlfriend, tone it down, you're looking sunburned!"
Everyone's a critic, amiright?!

LOL, ive had this exact same thought so many times! But to answer ur posted question, yes, dressing has made me view women much more intensely; ie. i guess to the point that i try to infer what mood they are in, or personality they have based on how they are dressed, and if it flatters their figure, etc.... but also, i always wonder where i can buy the cute outfits they have on!

erickka
08-27-2013, 05:24 AM
I used to ogle and drool at those female features that ALL males do, but now I take in the WHOLE picture. I now look at women like you do fine art...every last detail, and I have to admit, it is a constant learning curve.

candydawn75
08-27-2013, 05:37 AM
Totally not alone in that. Not that I neeeeeeded any other reason to look, but now I do. Eyebrows are the worst for me. I have these tarantulas growing on my forehead that are a nightmare to rein in! As for fashion the wife and I often look at outfits and remark who they would look good on.

stephNE
08-27-2013, 06:39 AM
I love looking at women - all women. But I do pay special attention to various combinations of skirt/blouse outfits. Lately, I have started paying more attention to jewelry. So many choices- so little time.

Lynn Marie
08-27-2013, 07:42 AM
Seeing the overall picture of a well dressed woman rather than just her sensuality is a pretty common trait among all of us with a feminine side. Learning to speak up with our admiration will do wonders in gaining acceptance with those we love to emulate! Everybody loves a compliment!

BLUE ORCHID
08-27-2013, 07:55 AM
Hi Victoria, I'm not going to say that I don't love looking at good looking woman and admiring them but then I
like to dissect them as to how they present, walk, carry themselves, their shoes, the outfit they are wearing,
the hair, accessories , makeup, & then putting the whole package back together
and taking notes for my next dressing session .

deebra
08-27-2013, 08:13 AM
Yes, I check them out to learn and see how they dress and put everything together, but it can also cause you to feel depressed because you can't be one of them. Victoria has this ever happened to you? The desire for them is also there.

Beverley Sims
08-27-2013, 08:51 AM
I have always ogled women for all sorts of reasons, fashion and presentation are a big thing with me.
I look for women who are photogenic and when I was younger and opened up to them some thought I was hitting on them.
There were others that hoped I was hitting on them.
A double edged sword there. :)

Tina B.
08-27-2013, 09:03 AM
Checking out the ladies to see how they have put themselves together, isn't so strange, yesterday I went into town and while driving down main street I noticed a women walking down the sidewalk, after I had passed her, I have to admit, I didn't even see her really, just her hand bag, large tan leather bag with scallops of leather down the sides, Beautiful bag, but now I wonder what the women that had it looked like. But I did notice she was not dressed in anything special, I guess that why I only noticed the bag.
Like others have said, it's not really a change for me, been this way all my life, but it seems to be getting more focused.

Jenni Yumiko
08-27-2013, 09:23 AM
My wife and I comment on other women constantly now about clothes makeup hairstyles etc. lol. I will say honestly though, I still check out their boobs and butt ;-)

Debra Russell
08-27-2013, 11:56 AM
We are all guilty, ogling women - from the every day "What Not To Wear" group to the very well put together lady, we all glean and learn the quality's of what it is to be a well dressed woman and present ourselves as ladies in the best possible way - ogling is a fine and pleasent pastime........................Debra

Kate Simmons
08-27-2013, 12:52 PM
I don't think I ever did "ogle" women per se, rather I appreciated their appearance and made it my goal to look like that someday perhaps. Hard to say sometimes what goes on in our subconscious.:heehee:Nowadays, the shoe is on the other foot and I find myself being ogled by guys and sometimes by women. Oh well I guess someone has to do it.:battingeyelashes::)

DanielleT
08-27-2013, 06:28 PM
I check out other women all the time. I watch how they walk, how they talk, how they hold themselves. I'm not opposed to peeking up another woman's skirt either.

Victoria Davison
08-27-2013, 06:34 PM
Yes, I check them out to learn and see how they dress and put everything together, but it can also cause you to feel depressed because you can't be one of them. Victoria has this ever happened to you? The desire for them is also there.

Personally for me, my desires are less transgender and more crossdresser, if that makes any sense. So to me, I can examine and try to emulate women I see, but my goal is not to do this to become a different female person, per se. It's more the dressing and assuming a different identity of myself. So that unobtainable longing isn't really there for me. The envy is there, for sure, but I can ground myself in reality knowing I will probably never be a runway model!

donnalee
08-28-2013, 08:17 AM
I was aware of how clothing looked on women, what worked, what didn't, long before I realized I wanted to wear it myself. Had an eye for design but no talent for it myself; all I could do was appreciate what others had done and figure out how to put it together so it worked. My SO had the same ability, but could draw, batik, tie dye and sew, so she was able to design and make her own. But I was always able to buy for her; it always looked good and she always liked what I bought her and wore it. So, in a way, you could say I was a crossdresser by proxy before I became one.

Frédérique
08-28-2013, 07:13 PM
So, basically my ogling frequency has not changed, but now it's almost always with a totally different basis. Of course I still appreciate a fine female figure, but with each fleeting glimpse of female beauty I get, I'm making the decision to analyze rather than drool. This aspect really makes me feel more in touch with my feminine side and more "sisterly". How has your view of women changed since you started dressing?

These days I see very few women I would “drool” over, or analyze for stylistic points, since most females dress in largely unisex garments, designed to usurp any feelings of sexuality, let alone project willingness to any potential ogler. But, I must say I don’t go out all that much, and when I do I’m on a mission of some kind. I’m content to bump into an interestingly dressed female, as if by accident, now and then, and that can literally make my day…

My “view” of women has definitely changed since I started dressing. What was once far away is now close at hand, wrapped around me in such a way as to preclude all previous traditional male tendencies. Therefore, I’m not out there, for one reason or another, rather I’m in HERE, getting in touch with the female I am, if I care to imagine such a thing. I am, literally, a sister to myself, another layer of the person called “me,” a former blurry background merely exchanged with my sharp-focused male foreground. They act together in harmony, in complete satisfaction, thus ending, once and for all, my painful period of youthful ogling…
:clap:

suzanne
08-28-2013, 11:27 PM
Not that long ago, I used to look enviously at a woman, wanting to look like her or have her hair, legs, bra size, or whatever. Now, it's more often that I look at what she's wearing to see whether that top, or what have you, would work for me. I'm taking pointers on the sly.

Frenchy Michelle
08-29-2013, 03:27 PM
When I see a woman with a killer body wearing sloppy jeans, badly cut t-shirts or just the worst masculine clothes they could ever find I can't help think "Gosh what a waste, if I had a body like hers I'd need fifteen wardrobes!"

DarciB
09-01-2013, 04:31 PM
I look at other woman all the time, my boyfriend has no problem with that. I am passable enough (when properly dressed) to use the woman's bathroom in public places and I do love the occassional glimpse.

GG7irish
09-01-2013, 05:17 PM
While in the store with my SO..he was in male form...and this beautiful gal walked by in a dress and to die for shoes....He did a whiplash look.....i cracked up laughing....well i least I knew he was checking out the fashion and not her LOL...We BOTH wanted those shoes....

Aly Cat
09-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Lately with my new venture into makeup I find myself staring into womens eyes too much looking at their mascara and eyeliner applications both critiquing and getting tips. I work in retail sales and make it a point to look directly into everyones eyes as it builds trust and confidence in what I am stating as true, but when I am speaking with women, I am multitasking a completely different subject topic in my head about makeup applications.
Also today, this woman had on the most fantastic shoes! I did my best not to ogle over them but I found myself continuously snagging a quick glance whenever I could. They were a coral colored platform cork wedge with coral lace stitching all along the cork! They looked fantastic! Definitely made me want a pair. Lol I love working Sunday's. Women come in all dressed up after church and I get to look at all the super cute outfits.

Victoria Davison
09-01-2013, 09:49 PM
Lol I love working Sunday's. Women come in all dressed up after church and I get to look at all the super cute outfits.

My office is a rather drab place where we all work on PC's all day, and the women here are rather drab and laid back. It makes for a relaxed work atmosphere, but there's nothing much to check out fashion or make-up wise at my workplace. Which makes my commute and time spent out all the more precious as far as getting some good looks in :)

SophieKitty
09-02-2013, 02:57 AM
Sometimes in public this is exactly what goes through my mind http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7139/j3ud.jpg :P

Sometimes Steffi
09-02-2013, 06:26 AM
Also today, this woman had on the most fantastic shoes! I did my best not to ogle over them but I found myself continuously snagging a quick glance whenever I could. They were a coral colored platform cork wedge with coral lace stitching all along the cork! They looked fantastic! Definitely made me want a pair. Lol I love working Sunday's. Women come in all dressed up after church and I get to look at all the super cute outfits.

Last time I saw a woman with really cute shoes I said, "I hope you don't mind me saying this, but those are really cute shoes."

I even asked her where she got them, and then tried to find them on the store's web site.

Oh, and I was is male mode at the time.