PDA

View Full Version : TV/TG-Friendly Cities

buster678
08-27-2013, 04:33 PM
I am considering relocating to another city (currently live in Cleveland) and I wonder if one of you could help me locate a city which is TV/TG-friendly. Not just a city that you might personally like to live in, but one which you have some reason to know is friendly to a TV. Would like to avoid NY and CA as the taxes are too much. I am near retirement age and need to be frugal. Any stories or information you have would be so helpful. Many thanks smiles Joan

SophieKitty
08-27-2013, 04:41 PM
London especially Camden is extremely trans friendly. In London you really can be who you want :)

Nickymilano
08-27-2013, 04:54 PM
im so excited to come in London in September <3
The american is so basic for everything

SophieKitty
08-27-2013, 05:00 PM
im so excited to come in London in September <3

You may get the occasional youth being an idiot. But in most places it's a great place to feel accepted in public :) i guess it's why I'm so relaxed about coming out publicly. Although I'll soon be moving away in October which is a shame :(

Sophie Yang
08-27-2013, 05:21 PM
Spent a lot of time in SF, but can be expensive.

Portland, Oregon is TV-TG friendly. There is also a group that has scheduled outings 4 or 5 times a week. They recently had a golf tournament and are planning some bowling events. The Halloween Party is always fun.

Kathinja Galaxy
08-27-2013, 05:25 PM
Portland, Oregon :) There are actually quite a few towns in Oregon that are LGBT friendly.. Eugene and Ashland are two others! There's a pretty big community of CD's and other variations in Portland, and several clubs. I believe I even heard that Portland has a few LGBT laws that have passed, but I'm not clear what they might be... Oregon has an amazing art scene, it has some of the nicest weather (body-ache friendly) and from the willamette valley (where I live) its barely a two hour drive in any direction to find Coast, Mountain Range, Dessert, Rain Forest, Big City, or Retirement Town. Its a place to really fall in love with, and the general mood of most everyone (aside from the inescapable redneck scene in the country) is that so long as your not going out of your way to mess with someone, nobody really bothers about what anyone looks like, and that's me saying that even from a small town perspective :)

sandra-leigh
08-27-2013, 06:30 PM
London is not a good place to be frugal. Nice place to visit if you have money, but the cost of living is one of the highest in the world there. The civic infrastructure is also reaching a critical stage, with more and more costs being pushed on the local councils which do not have effective ways to deal with those costs. Expect a number of local councils to either go bankrupt or to start providing only the services they are legally obliged to (e.g., if no law says that they must have more than one police detective, then they will lay them off.)

DarciB
08-27-2013, 06:46 PM
Los Angeles is a good place to go, lots and lots of LGBT friendly bars and clubs, plus many, many social events

Sally24
08-27-2013, 07:25 PM
The Boston area and much of New England is pretty trans friendly. Every state here has trans protection laws except NH.

SophieKitty
08-28-2013, 02:53 AM
London is not a good place to be frugal. Nice place to visit if you have money, but the cost of living is one of the highest in the world

That's why I'm being forced back to my hometown :( Still isn't too bad but i got funny stares for just wearing a stewie griffin t-shirt that said Delightfully White Trash. But that could be that it's widely racially diverse here, and people there have a massive race card jammed tightly up their buttocks. I mean my hometown is the only place i can be called worse than hitler by the head of the racial equality council in the local newspaper for starting a genuine appreciation society for a black friend on Facebook. There was no hatred going on, just love, and it was a page my friend loved. So maybe they'd be fine with me dressed just not mentioning anything about race :P

BUT the town centre is a lot less backwater and far more liberal and relaxed. So fingers crossed on that end!

Cheryl123
08-28-2013, 03:19 AM
Honolulu is very LGBT friendly. There's a long history of crossdressing here. Very good laws banning discrimination. There's a handful of clubs catering to CD/TS. And the police are friendly to CDers. Its expensive, but the beaches are free. Is rather be poor here than middle class anywhere else.

samanthasolo
08-28-2013, 06:17 AM
New Hope, Pa. There are also so many CD/TG events and gatherings in and around the Philly area on a regular basis!

Lillyasia
08-29-2013, 01:47 AM
I would say most places with a major college/university nearyby. Higher learning institutions are quite liberal and that spreads to the surrounding communities.