PDA

View Full Version : suspicious packages

Lorri_c
08-28-2013, 05:48 AM
Hiyas,

So I'm in a bit of a panic. I ordered some eyeliner online thinking I could just practice and nail doing that but I thought I was going to have the house to myself. The package is due today or tomorrow and my sister has turned up back from uni early. I'm at work so no beating her to it.

She is so going to recognise the package (its from an ebay based makeup shop and sometimes they put there company name etc... on the packaging).

Can almost hear her questions of "so, what did you order from makeup direct?".

My best lame excuse is that a girl at work ordered it using my account by accident but it definitely doesn't really add up.

Any ideas?

DAVIDA
08-28-2013, 05:49 AM
Just one.
Tell her.:thumbsup:

Karren H
08-28-2013, 05:53 AM
Tell her you lost a bet and have to dress like a girl for halloween and if she could help out if would be awesome!

Angela Campbell
08-28-2013, 05:54 AM
Start playing a lot of Alice Cooper albums?

heatherdress
08-28-2013, 05:57 AM
Can you notify the postal service to hold your package until you pick it up? Can you tell your sister that you ordered something for a friend before it comes and downplay it?

In any case. Do not make a big deal of it. EBay packages are usually unmarked and ordinary. It should be small and unremarkable.

Jaylyn
08-28-2013, 06:01 AM
Can you change the delivery point? Call in sick each day till the package arrives, or act like what the heck did they send this to me for. You might even get away with just telling her you want to practice. Truth sometimes is the best answer although you might tell her you saw an ad that said it was a free trial sample that was advertised on the site from an ad on the computer and you ordered it for her, hey she can't beat free. You would just be out the cost but your secret would be safe for awhile.

noeleena
08-28-2013, 06:04 AM
Hi,

my line is play with fire you get burnt . tell her you got some makeup if your sis happens to see it, sorry i dont do the lie's because they do catch up at some time, whats the big deal any way's, face up to who you are and what you like,

whats the worst that can happen. my stance is i have many friends because im up front with them , yes i know others will say fib's are okay, get her to help you with makeup, all the best,

...noeleena...

Tawne
08-28-2013, 06:05 AM
Umm you can say, none of your f'n business, that's what I'd say. Or if she opens it and sees what's inside then I'd say they sent you the wrong item and be pissed about it, you were after something else (I'm sure there's something else in that shop that men can use for guy mode purposes).

DanielleLee
08-28-2013, 07:12 AM
She is your sister... tell her the truth. While she may not understand CDing... she is still your sister and she is still going to love you.

Alexis.j
08-28-2013, 07:16 AM
Just say it's for you. And you might as well ask her to help you apply it...

Raychel
08-28-2013, 07:18 AM
I mimic what the other have said, She is your sister, Tell her the truth.
I told my sister and she was totally cool with it, even gave me some clothes.

suzy1
08-28-2013, 07:20 AM
I will be positive here.
I buy all my make up from ebay. I even got some lipstick delivered yesterday.
But the items always come in plain brown packages.
I would be surprised if you had anything to worry about.

CarlaWestin
08-28-2013, 07:21 AM
Wow, tell her and you have a real dress up partner. I wish my sisters played dress up with me. Oh wait, they did.

BLUE ORCHID
08-28-2013, 07:25 AM
Hi Lorri, Just say it's for a girl friend.

robindee36
08-28-2013, 07:46 AM
Wrong address, shipping error. Leave it to me sis, I'll see it gets returned.

Plausible deniability?

Hugs, Robin

Momarie
08-28-2013, 08:02 AM
Calm down, just tell her it's a skin care product.

I Am Paula
08-28-2013, 08:07 AM
The paranoia is running rampant here. It's not like you ordered a male love doll, or a do-it-yourself bondage kit.

Beverley Sims
08-28-2013, 08:17 AM
Just leave the word accident out of the equation.
I buy for others all the time.

linda allen
08-28-2013, 08:34 AM
The paranoia is running rampant here. It's not like you ordered a male love doll, or a do-it-yourself bondage kit.

Funny but true. You would have done better to walk into Walmart or a drug store, picked out what you wanted (do some research first) and then walk to the checkout and pay for it. That way, only the checkout person would know you were buying makeup and as long as he/she didn't know you, who cares?

You've been given choices, but my choice would be to say nothing, not open the package, and take it to work with you the next day, the story being (if she asks) that a friend at work wanted to order it but had no ebay account so you ordered it for her.

Kate Simmons
08-28-2013, 09:26 AM
Oh the tangeled webs we sometimes weave. Just remember, everything happens for a reason. That is why we are here, to learn.:)

suzy1
08-28-2013, 09:30 AM
everything happens for a reason.

explain?

Oh Stella
08-28-2013, 09:37 AM
I say tell her the truth.(

Kate Simmons
08-28-2013, 09:38 AM
As part of our personal grid program Suzy.:)

Chickhe
08-28-2013, 10:02 AM
...well, if you have to lie, just say it is a gift for someone you work with, a mistake, it was free with the lumber jacket you ordered....

...but first before undertaking such things you should decide its okay, you can order anything you want, its your own business... the worst outcome is to turn red or react as if you did something wrong. You want to have the same attitude as if you ordered a new beard trimmer. Its all attitude.

Lynn Marie
08-28-2013, 10:16 AM
Go online to the USPS, hold your mail for as long as necessary and pick it up at the PO. Very simple to do. No drama at all!

Tracii G
08-28-2013, 10:49 AM
It really is funny that you just didn't go to the store and buy it on your own.Nothing to be scared of the cashier could care less what you buy.

DebbiAnne
08-28-2013, 11:17 AM
Tell her you ordered it for a friend at work who's credit card was over the limit and asked you to order it for her

donnalee
08-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Tell her that it came as a freebee with the skirt and panties you ordered.

Dianne S
08-28-2013, 12:17 PM
Tell her that it came as a freebee with the skirt and panties you ordered.

Heh!! +1 to that! :)

Lorileah
08-28-2013, 12:18 PM
My best lame excuse is that a girl at work ordered it using my account by accident but it definitely doesn't really add up.

Any ideas?Yes I have an idea...that is one of the worst excuses I have ever heard. How did your co-worker hack your account? :facepalm: If you want to play in the big leagues you will need better excuses.

Geraldine_Whyman
08-28-2013, 12:30 PM
Hi Lorri_c,

Do you live with your sister ?

I think you can just tell her the truth : you just wanted to try eyeliner and nail color because you've seen on a website that men start to do it everywhere in the world, and why not you ? Just to try...

Yes, I agree with some people here : it can be a good moment to ask your sister for help.

If you think you can not do that... A man working with you wants to try women products but can't buy them by himself because of his wife... So -and because you are a good friend of him- you decided to help him and ordered for him... It's more credible than for a woman you know, isn't it ?

Don't forget to write what happened.

Good luck !

Erica Marie
08-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Tell her the truth. That it is for one of your coworkers birthday. U saw her online at work and she wanted it but was strapped for cash and that you noticed your sister buys from the same place so you figured it would be a good brand. If that doesnt work spill the beans and ask for help applying it.

Linda St. John
08-28-2013, 01:28 PM
Totally agree with Ellen - Tell her you're gonna be a rock star ! :heehee::battingeyelashes:
Linda

natalie_cheryl
08-28-2013, 01:59 PM
you lame excuse has ACTUALLY happend to me about two or three years ago. i was watching an auction for a couple of bucket seats for my car so that i could snipe them at the last minute. i let a friend of mine use my laptop so he could check an auction he was watching that expired about an hour after mine not realizing that he had logged me out and logged himself in an i won the auction on his account so it does happen sometimes.

Lorri_c
08-28-2013, 03:36 PM
Thanks all. My paranoia runs away with me sometimes. Lets hope its all good, I'll just wing it if it happens. I hope its today - im almost home.

Annaliese
08-28-2013, 03:44 PM
If she ask she know, just tell her the truth

Lorri_c
08-28-2013, 04:45 PM
Well it didn't come. Yes, I live in London and realise I should just buy this kinda stuff in a shop. I was just excited to have the house to myself and on eBay. I've purged before cos I live with family. I can't wait to be on my own. I also have one click purchase on things like amazon and ordered stuff for work on my home account by accident which is where the idea came from. It could have been worse, trying to explain why I bought eyeliner on my work card to my boss would be awkward!

Hopefully some of my other eBay purchases will catch it up tomorrow.

I love the idea of having a sister I could confide in but we aren't that close and in all likelihood her finding out = other sis finding out = mum finding out and I have barely got into the whole scene at all. Just not ready.

Thanks for all advice, I'll keep you updated. I think the paranoia comes from watching a documentary about a FTM ts where she ordered a she pee but penis looking type device and it was delivered while builders were in with a big sticker advertising what it was on the package!

I would love to hear any of your suspicious package stories.

On a plus note I saw three CDs on the way home! All looking beautiful and confident and loving it.