PDA

View Full Version : Advice on a living situation

GraceUSA
09-27-2004, 02:25 PM
My brother has twice given me an offer to live rent free at his home all year round so I can house sit for 3 months out out of the year. Hes married with 3 kids between 9 and 14 and I get along great with them and usually spend about 3 days a week over at their home. They don't know about me being transgendered but I've been letting my fem side show more since the first of the year. I think his wife is picking up on it and has been suggesting a lot of girly movies I might like.

Now the things that concerns me, they are conseritive christians, like I am, and they also keep their kids rather sheltered. I know they might not have a problem with me dressing but I know they would not want their kids to know now.

Not having to pay rent would be an extremely freeing thing and would allow me to pursue some dreams I couldn't do because I couldn't take lower paying job. It seems I have 3 choices, not take my brother up on his offer and find another roommate that ok with me CDing. Tell my brother about my CDing (I think he already knows I have a lot of fem traits) and let him decide and set ground rules. Or not tell my brother and take up his offer and surpress my CDing.

Now surpressing the CDing I don't think will be hard for me since its mainly the fit, colors and fabrics of the clothes that draws me and I have a lot of clothes from the mens departments that I like (though I'm finding pants from the ladies departments just fit better.) But how things are heading now, either with new roommate or brother, I'm going to have to be a lot more open to my friends and family about my trangerism.

So what is your advice or what option would you choose?

Thanks for all the help ladies.
Grace

Charlotte Elizabeth
09-27-2004, 03:45 PM
maybe you could talk to his wife if you feel she's picked up on it and ask her how you think he'll react.you just never know, he may be very supportive.
Hope it all goes well for you.

chantelle
09-27-2004, 06:28 PM
I am in the situation that you want to gi into.I live with my sister and their 2 sons.The
realisation of having supportive family close by is nice .
You do not haveto tell them right away.Just slowly replace your everyday clothing with more feminine attire and soon they will get used to it.There is a saying that goes"given enough time anyone can get used to anything.Email me if you want me to give more advice.
Lovies Chantelle.

AnnaMaria
09-28-2004, 05:57 AM
I think that I have to agree about talking to his wife. It sounds as if she would be the one to be most receptive to your situation. But it sounds like you could be walking a fine line. It might be that she is in some way attracted to the idea that you are a cd and is in her own way flirting with danger just a little in an attempt to explore a side of herself that has gone unexplored due to her beliefs and the fear that her husband might reject the idea or her altogether.
But by the same token it could also be that she could be a great friend and help in your quest for a more fem life. We all know that when we have a gg that is willing to help us with our apperance it makes it easier to get everything right when we are getting dressed.
If I had the chance I think that is what I would do but I would still keep in mind that she is my brothers wife and I would make sure that it stayed that way just for the sake of family. To me there is nothing more important than family.

GraceUSA
09-29-2004, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the advice. After thinking about it, I think the best path for me is to talk with my brother first. I think its only fair to let them know before I move in (would not be until another 3 months when my lease is up). If he does withdraw his offer I'm not going to take it as a personal attack since I know his family is very important to him and hes not willing to risk them at all. And aways, my stepmom just offered me a free room as well and I'm pretty sure she knows, especially since I was helping my dad a few weekends ago wash his RV and I had some nice and smooth legs.

Grace