PDA

View Full Version : Met my new neighbor

GinaD
08-29-2013, 07:30 AM
A forty something classy looking lady bought the house behind me a few months ago and I didn't have a chance to meet her until last night. With the warm weather we have been having, the evenings have been perfect for enjoying the relatively cool night air. I took a bottle of wine and my ipod and was hanging out on my patio when I saw her in her back yard. As her house sits higher than mine, she had a clear view to where I was. Fortunately, I had arrived home from work shortly before and had just showered, shaved myself smooth, and was in a pair of short shorts with a little tank top, and for some reason I had decided to wear my forms and some light make up as well as one of my long wigs with a pony tail. I was feeling very fresh and girly. She saw me and waved, with a friendly "hello." Caught a little off guard but not wanting to be rude, I waved back. She came to the fence and introduced herself.

Most of my neighbors know I crossdress as they have seen me on several occasions but most don't give me the time of day. I figured I had nothing to lose so I walked up to the fence and introduced myself as Gina. Her expression changed as she heard my voice and could now see me clearly. However, she remained friendly and I learned she was a recently divorced professional with no children and was living alone. As we chatted, she still looked a little uncomfortable until I said, "As you can tell, I wasn't born a woman. Gina is who I prefer to be at home." Suddenly, she smiled and she said she thought I was a man, but didn't want to say anything so not to offend. After that, she seemed totally relaxed and we chatted for about an hour. A very friendly person and maybe a new friend. Nice end to a pleasant evening.

Cynthia Anne
08-29-2013, 10:39 AM
Great story! Why can't we all; have neighbors like that!!!

jenni_xx
08-29-2013, 11:17 AM
That is a great story. I would say that your neighbour feeling uncomfortable wasn't because she doesn't agree with those who crossdress, but rather down to her not knowing how to react so as not to offend you. The sign of someone who is simply considerate of others.

I also applaud you for your candor, and confidence, in the way you presented yourself during this encounter. Who knows, maybe you have met a new friend. One thing does seem certain. You've got yourself a good neighbour! And you know what? So has she. :)

kimdl93
08-29-2013, 05:43 PM
That's a great introduction! I'm glad it worked out so well.

Beverley Sims
09-02-2013, 05:09 AM
Gina,
I have found some people do a surprising turnaround when told the truth about dressing.