PDA

View Full Version : The Missing Link to the CDing puzzle?

Wildaboutheels
08-29-2013, 07:57 AM
Or maybe just a possible small slice of the WHY pie for some?

Maybe.

More likely the single members?

FRUSTRATION [for lack of a better word] with GGs? As in you have had at least one if not two or more marriages/LTRs? And perhaps feel like you have done your fair share of bending and compromising trying to make the Relationships "work" but the eventual "turnouts" never seemed worth all the efforts involved?

Beverley Sims
08-29-2013, 08:06 AM
There is no easy solution and i suppose it does seem one sided sometimes you have to look at the lopsided view also.
There is a lot to do to maintain a balance.
To look good we have to compress a ton of feathers to look like a ton of lead.
Shows how uneven it really is.

Kate Simmons
08-29-2013, 08:31 AM
When we are young and are in a relationship and have raging hormones, it's hard not to be frustrated from time to time. Even so, I don't see my marriage as having anything to do with my personal desire to be feminine. What efforts I put into my marriage were well worth it and I had a very good ROI (return on investment) for that. Something must have been done right as my children are all law abiding viable citizens.In our case we mostly drifted apart after the kids were gone and the dressing was just the icing on the cake as far as finishing the relationship. That having been said, I can fulfill either role but the last couple of years have preferred the male one. Partly because I'd never enjoyed being a guy in the past and partly because I have a loving and understanding GF who is just a wonderful person.:)

I Am Paula
08-29-2013, 08:44 AM
This is a variation on the 'If I can't find the perfect partner, I'll build my own' theory. While it may hold some water that we can have the ideal mate vicariously thru ourselves, it eventually falls apart when the subject of who is going to take out the garbage, and clean the eavestroughs arises.

Frédérique
08-29-2013, 03:17 PM
FRUSTRATION [for lack of a better word] with GGs? As in you have had at least one if not two or more marriages/LTRs? And perhaps feel like you have done your fair share of bending and compromising trying to make the Relationships "work" but the eventual "turnouts" never seemed worth all the efforts involved?

Yeah, there’s a modicum of truth to that, but how would you explain me crossdressing during a very successful relationship, or crossdressing before such a relationship came about? Answer: the crossdressing provides different kinds of thrills that the relationship cannot match. Case CLOSED...
:hmph:

Frustration with females? Not really. I did my fair share of bending, up to a point. These days I’m still flexible, but nobody wants to take advantage of me...:battingeyelashes:

Tracii G
08-29-2013, 04:04 PM
Some truth to that in my case.
I don't compromise anymore.

audreyinalbany
08-29-2013, 04:11 PM
Nope; married over thirty years and i think it's 'turned out' just fine

Tara D. Rose
08-29-2013, 04:34 PM
I'm somewhat confused after reading these few post's. I will check back tomorrow, maybe I can or will see some clarity, or maybe I am dumb or stupid, maybe not both at the same time, or can a person be both? That's just a joke to myself, but this thread and post's are confusing to me.

Claire Cook
08-29-2013, 04:45 PM
I think this all depends on the individuals invovled.

Lorileah
08-29-2013, 05:04 PM
If that were true there would be a lot more crossdressers in the world. I think your hypothesis way off. Most (if not all) CDs here had feelings long before they had relationships with women. Personally anyone who says they do something (drink, fish, crossdress) because of their inability to get along with a wife or SO needs to look in a mirror. It isn't the SO...it's YOU.

To answer the question, I had very successful relationships with all the women I have been with. I was married 28 years and with that woman for 5 before that...and I had the desire (need, want, feeling) to dress from the beginning.

Julie Gaum
08-29-2013, 05:51 PM
When I was 27 --- starting this like Sinatra's song --- living in Montreal with a Hungarian gal --- best sex ever, before or after, and still had a closet full of female clothes. Proof to me anyhow, that one activity didn't influence the other. Looking back while in the "winter years", I often pondered whether my business career would have been even more successful if it weren't for my proclivities?? Boiled down to realizing that when traveling to visit many stores in many states I would often take store, district or regional managers out for lunch
but never for dinner unless the company's president was along. Reason? When day was done I would rush back to motel after a quick bite for you all know what. Result was that I seldom invited an associate out with his wife for dinner --- didn't know subordinates' family lives as well as I should have --- thus a negative effect on career. That's about the only derogatory action I could ever believe was a negative influence.
Julie

kimdl93
08-29-2013, 05:51 PM
This one keeps popping up...I can't get a date, so I'll make me a girl instead. Well, that was never a problem, so at least for me, it's not a causal factor.

Sarah Beth
08-29-2013, 06:01 PM
I think all relationships have their moments of "frustration" that includes friendships as well as marriages and other long term relationships. Not to sound like a broken record because I know I've said this before communication is so very important. I know I am guilty at times of not communicating myself and I should know better. I've been married for 39 years, and it wasn't all roses, but we got it to work. Is it perfect? No its not, but its a close to that as it can ever be for anyone I believe. I think to many people want things to be perfect and turn out just completly how they want and expect it to be. No matter how long you are wiht someone it ain't gonna happen.

iGenny
08-29-2013, 06:27 PM
I don't see it as a missing link, but I can see how it could contribute to letting out one's buried feminine side. I started very late with no idea this was inside me - and after some personal psychoanalysis after I started, I'm sure my "frustration" with the wife had something to do with opening the window.

Wildaboutheels
08-29-2013, 07:37 PM
With so many folks always asking WHY...certainly folks would not believe that the particular why [for them] is possibly due to just ONE single factor? Keep in mind, it's NOT a mystery for everyone.

For the obvious percentage here simply born in the wrong body, sure, I can certainly buy that.

For the VAST majority here [by far] who are OK with being female part time, surely it's likely that many factors contribute to the ebb and flow of dressing so often reported here? Some going for weeks or months...w/o dressing. IF I were to ask how many singles here are ACTIVELY seeking a GG for a regular LTR deal, what might the response be?

docrobbysherry
08-29-2013, 08:29 PM
I've been with a few of women. A number of steady girlfriends and one wife.

And, almost all of them were BEFORE I began dressing! Here's the deal:

It was never easy with ANY of them. Unless the sex wasn't good. Then, I wasn't around long enuff for issues to arise!