PDA

View Full Version : MTF Exercise Routine

bulmabriefs144
08-29-2013, 04:21 PM
Follow up on this. (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?179360-Diet-and-exercise-to-shape-like-a-woman)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8udQ-h4Y4BY

So anyway, it seems there is a way to look more feminine. This, on top of a diet largely lower in protein, higher in veggies, and less refined crap. And more soy probably.

Claire Cook
08-29-2013, 04:42 PM
I've used these routines, as well as Denise Austin's yoga and pilates DVD's. It's interesting that the trainer at my gym (who knows about me) has recommended similar kinds of routines. They all seem to keep the gut down, and I'm getting little thigh / butt development.

And it helps to work out in a nice bathing suit or leotard! :battingeyelashes: Nice way to start the day.

Jenniferathome
08-29-2013, 04:45 PM
No, there is no "workout" that will feminize you. If you have free testosterone in your system, like all men, the exact same exercise will result in your muscles looking differently from a woman's. You can stop upper body lifting which will atrophy your muscles and make you appear smaller, but then you will be weak. Eating right and exercise is ALWAYS the answer to any question about fitness and health

Tracii G
08-29-2013, 04:55 PM
+1 on what Jennifer said.
I have tried a routine sort of like that and all I got was tighter smaller backside and thats not what I wanted.

wannaquithiding
08-29-2013, 05:08 PM
It is true to some degree that there is no special feminine workout routine, but I recently found this page: Women's Health (http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/best-workout-for-your-body-type) and I think some of those regimines would work. I found the link because I have a very masculine/athletic look, which is fine with the right clothing, but I want a bigger butt. Some of the exercises in both the athletic and straight sections I could foresee helping. Will it turn you into a J-Lo? Definitely not, but it will help. There is also a pretty good diet plan you could semi-follow.

Claire Cook
08-29-2013, 05:26 PM
Jennifer,

Yes, you're right in that they won't feminize you the way hormones will. But they do help you, (or at least me), keep slim and I do think my legs look and feel better. Maybe I have "low T", but I try not to "bulk up" and don't do a lot of upper body workouts. One thing I have noticed: I'm more flexible, particiulary around the hips, and that probably helps my femme gait, such as it is.

And of course diet is a big part of this!

Leah Lynn
08-29-2013, 10:15 PM
Soy is a natural testosterone blocker.

Leah

Jennifer Kelly
08-29-2013, 11:21 PM
I've heard that. Too bad it also tastes like shit. :(

gonegirl
08-30-2013, 12:36 AM
FYI, spiro tastes like shit too! LOL.

Here's a thought for you: physical exercise is way more tiring with female body chemistry, so when you see a grown woman with a healthy strong body, she's working twice as hard as a dude to keep it that way.

No pain, no gain.

Simone.

april_lynn
08-30-2013, 06:27 AM
On the plus side it is fun to put on girly exercise clothes. I definitely find myself more motivated in a sports bra and tight fitting tank than just a guys t-shirt!

Beverley Sims
09-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Yes I think you have it there.

Jillian Faith
09-01-2013, 08:58 PM
On the plus side it is fun to put on girly exercise clothes. I definitely find myself more motivated in a sports bra and tight fitting tank than just a guys t-shirt!

I agree 100% I'm way more motivated to workout in a cute sports bra and matching (color coordinated) spandex shorts. Oh and don't forget a pretty tinted lip gloss.

gonegirl
09-02-2013, 09:56 PM
I so wish I hadn't commented in this thread...

Chickhe
09-02-2013, 11:06 PM
I gave it a try on Friday...and I've got to admit, it actually helped some to flatten my stomach. I'm still sore all over though. ...I'm not convinced I lost weight or gained muscle, but the workout has helped me learn to hold in my stomach muscles in most of the time.

Michelle789
09-06-2013, 05:25 PM
The best way to stay thin and maintain good health is eating right and exercise. The worst thing you can do is skip breakfast.