PDA

View Full Version : Smooth As Silk

deebra
08-30-2013, 06:54 AM
Well the pink fog started rolling in and of course had it's way with me, I started thinking it would be nice to go shopping and I rembered a thread where it was said how easy it was to buy shoes in PayLess. So I put on a thong and panty hose knowing I wanted something on my feet to be trying on shoes, bootcut girl jeans and a fem clingy top. I walked into the mall and then to PayLess where I was greeted with a very sincere hello and could I help you. No thanks I'm just looking, she could see I headed right for the womens shoes and gave me the time and space to browse, after a little time went by I decided what the heck, if someone comes by and sees me trying on heels I'll just deal with it, after all they don't know me and will never see me again. I was looking for a pair of boots with a nice heel to go with my jeans, I took them out of the box and tried them on, then I decided go a step further and walk around the store in them, now this was all of a sudden starting to feel really really good and my confidence was building. They felt a little loose so when the sales lady asked if I needed any help I asked for a smaller size which she got for me and didn't bat an eye. As I was walking around in the second pair a few women with their daughters came in and no one even noticed the boots I was wearing or me looking at womens shoes standing next to them. I decided to buy the boots and walked over to the next isle where a pair of 3'' heels caught my eye, of course I had to walk in them and bought them also. The sales lady acted perfectly normal and couldn't have been nicer. Now whats a CD to do with a new pair of boots just purchased?????. I went to the first bench, changed from tennis shoes to my new boots and walked the mall, felt very nice walking in girl boots and tight jeans just as I had envied so many young women do, now I was doing it too.

Got home, tried the boots on again and they now hurt my feet, it's really really tough trying to be a woman.

Just tryng to pass the word whats been said here so much, salespeople are there to help and not embarass you and walking the mall I just blended, no one even noticed; I did pass a young woman with her newly purchased double D's hanging out the top of her blouse and another with a mohawk and purple hair, no wonder I just blended.

Mollyanne
08-30-2013, 07:09 AM
NOTHING BETTER THEN TO SHOP FOR FOOTWEAR WEARING WHAT YOU WANT!!!!!! WOULDN'T YOU AGREE THAT HEELS AND JEANS GO VERY WELL TOGETHER?????

Molly

Zylia
08-30-2013, 07:39 AM
That must have been a great experience! Don't quote me on this, but acting confident and natural seems to be about as important as your looks, not necessarily for 'passing' as much as for simply being treated as the human being that you are.

Chari
08-30-2013, 07:48 AM
Shopping is always a good confidence builder. Also, your $ and most credit cards are welcome almost everywhere! In this bad economy a sale is still a sale - no matter who is buying.

linda allen
08-30-2013, 07:52 AM
I once went to Payless pretending to want shoes for Halloween. The young SA said I would need shoes two sizes smaller than my male size! Of course, I couldn't begin to get them on. I knew better than that. On my own, I found that size 12W is a pretty good fit for me (my male shoes size is 11 medium).

Now, I just find what I like on their website, check to see if it's in stock at one of my four local stores, go in, find them, try them on, and take them to the checkout. No problem and no funny looks.

Tina B.
08-30-2013, 10:47 AM
Oops, Linda, I think she got that backwards! I love shoe shopping. I once walked in to Sears, found a great sale and left with 5 pair, the little girl that waited on me couldn't have been nicer, her only comment was surprise that I had 5 pair, I told her I was
a sucker for a good sale, that made her smile.

AndreaS
08-30-2013, 12:53 PM
Was out and about while dressed yesterday and just had to stop by a DSW store to try on shoes. Its absolutely one of my favorite things to do while dressed.

Glad you had such a good experience at Payless. Us gals tend to be very loyal customers when we find a store like this that gives us really good service.

Tracii G
08-30-2013, 12:58 PM
Payless and DSW rock!! They always treat you with respect and the prices are right.

Jaymees22
08-30-2013, 01:15 PM
Hi, Sounds like you had a nice shopping trip. I bought boots and shoes at DSW. I'm not too sure of the quality at PayLess, but it's not like I'll be walking any great distances in the shoes I do buy, so maybe I'll try them. Lower prices mean more shoes! Hugs Jaymee

celeste26
08-30-2013, 01:52 PM
Actually the flatter the shoe the less added size it takes so a nearly flat shoe, one size up from male to female is quite enough, but on 3-4 inch heels it takes two additional sizes to make the transition. I require a size 15 in heels and Payless just does not stock such a size. My favorites shoes are "Pleasers."

KatieV
08-30-2013, 03:45 PM
You've just perfectly described my favorite shopping trip!

Renee
08-30-2013, 05:41 PM
I also love to shop for shoes (and about anything else feminine) and go to Payless on a regular basis. I have found that a 12W or 13 will normally fit me well depending on the style. I also shop at Avenue and at Off Broadway Shoes. All of these stores carry my size. I might also add that I shop in drab (I keep knee highs in the glove box of my truck just in case I get the chance to shop for shoes) and just go in and try on shoes like it is no ones business. I have had such great experiences with sales staff at these stores and have had some wonderful conversations with them. Way to go girl and just keep shopping!!!

MarissaWB
08-30-2013, 06:18 PM
I would love to shop for shoes, love to, but I too suffer from very large feet. I am a size 13 in men's so I would normally require a size 15. The largest problem I have is that I lost a good part of my left foot in an accident and I cannot easily wear pumps because my foot does not reach to the closed part so I look for booties and boots which are even harder to find in size 15.

BLUE ORCHID
08-30-2013, 08:34 PM
Hi Deebra, If it wasn't for me Payless would've been out of business by now.

One time I bought a pair of black men's Loafers and a pair of
black 4" stilettos and the girl said this is the first time that she
ever saw me buy men's shoes , I just said one pair for day and one pair
for evenings, We both had a good laugh I never did tell her which was which .

Leah Lynn
08-30-2013, 08:49 PM
Sorry, Miss Blue Orchid, I get to claim responsibility for half of that! I could be driving a 'Vette, if wasn't for shoes at Payless!

Hugs,

Leah

Persephone
08-31-2013, 02:24 AM
Actually the flatter the shoe the less added size it takes so a nearly flat shoe, one size up from male to female is quite enough, but on 3-4 inch heels it takes two additional sizes to make the transition.

Funny, I have the opposite result! I wear lots of heels, almost always size 10, with no problem, but I have yet to find a comfortable pair of flats! I seem to need at least an 11 in flats and often that doesn't even work and they feel like they are squishing my toes. Go figure!

When you retried on the boots at home they may have hurt because your feet swelled from walking around the mall. Try them again first thing in the morning and see if they still hurt. If they do, return them.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Beverley Sims
09-03-2013, 09:40 AM
The SA's are there to help but if you choose the wrong boot.... Bummer.
I often wear womens boots and people think they are just light hiking boots for men.
They look good with skinny jeans.

kellibra
09-20-2013, 11:08 AM
what would we do without payless? last winter, i went to a payless wearing hose under my slacks, a push-up bra clearly visible under my blouse, soft pink polish on my hands and lipstick but otherwise drab. went straight to the ladies' section and took my time looking at shoes. the sales lady, very cute, came by and asked me if i needed help. she said that is just as i was trying on a pair of strappy 3" pumps. i made sure the polish on my toes was visible and i replied i was good. ended up buying those shoes and because she had clearly figured out my cross-dressing, it gave me confidence and i walked out of the store wearing those shoes! a first for me...