PDA

View Full Version : Straight Guys do drag

Chickhe
08-30-2013, 12:57 PM
I have often wondered if someday there will be a straight guy does drag movement. I wonder if it will happen slowly or there will be a sudden fad that makes it cool to do real quality drag/CDing. I found this really neat video on youtube, seems like that time is coming...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OcwTrb1GxA

What do you think?

NicoleScott
08-30-2013, 01:15 PM
Drag is entertainment. So if there is money to be had, somebody will go after it. You don't have to be gay to do drag (but it may help - haha).

Camille15
08-30-2013, 01:19 PM
That was a really interesting video. Thanks for sharing.

Watching his wife's reaction gave me some perspective for how it must feel for my wife, who is accepting but doesn't want to see me dressed. I don't know if it's as much of an up and down roller coaster for her as it is for his wife. She hasn't said so, but I think part of her being supportive is that she might be keeping some of that to herself.

I think we might start to see clothes that resemble female clothes, but made for men (i.e. something like a kilt). After acceptance of those, possibly other things (like more colorful shirts, etc). Kind of like how guys can now wear 2 earrings acceptably, which would have made you a crossdresser 30 years ago. But there reaches a point when you're not just guys dressing in more feminine attire, but rather are trying to pass as a female. I don't know if that will become "cool" or more fashionable. Time will tell though.

celeste26
08-30-2013, 01:26 PM
On You tube there are countless wives and husbands doing this sort of thing. Check out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5-ELXqr4js Can you believe that on

robindee36
08-30-2013, 01:32 PM
Looks like great fun having all that wardrobe to play in. Must realign my sexuality and give it a try;)

Hugs, Robin

Tracii G
08-30-2013, 01:43 PM
Those girls are a hoot.

LilSissyStevie
08-30-2013, 01:43 PM
I like the part where his wife is going "Wow, you look just like a woman" while she's backing away.:heehee:

Vickie_CDTV
08-30-2013, 02:37 PM
I don't know about DQs, but there are heterosexual FIs (female impersonators) who work in Vegas and such.

Rachelakld
08-30-2013, 04:03 PM
Some of our drag queens are gay, others go home to their wives and children after the show and while some guys like to do makeup and clothing that makes them look like drag queens as they portray their "alt" lifestyles, or Adam Lamberts, I doubt it will catch on during daytime activities.

I did feel really sorry for his wife, and I thought he looked much nicer with the beard in both drab and drag.

Julie Denier
08-30-2013, 07:28 PM
Loved it! Nice to see a fellow cigar-smoking crossdresser ;)

AmyGaleRT
08-31-2013, 02:10 AM
I left a comment for Khloe on the YouTube page. (I wanted to invite her and Katrina over here, but YouTube doesn't like Web addresses in their comments. Too many darn spammers!) I enjoyed that video, too!

- Amy

Frédérique
08-31-2013, 01:12 PM
I have often wondered if someday there will be a straight guy does drag movement. I wonder if it will happen slowly or there will be a sudden fad that makes it cool to do real quality drag/CDing.

I think that already happened, during the “Big Hair Band” era of (circa) 25 years ago… :eek:

Julogden
08-31-2013, 02:44 PM
A very interesting video, thanks for posting it. :)

I suspect that Khloe might be hanging around here soon if she isn't already.

On You tube there are countless wives and husbands doing this sort of thing. Check out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5-ELXqr4js Can you believe that on

Unfortunately, that video is a fake. It's a combination of the beginning of the "He's A Lady" reality show from a few years back with some totally unrelated video that has nothing to do with the first part. Once you get past the 0:26 mark, it's something else entirely.

Carol

joanna4
08-31-2013, 06:07 PM
I would love to do drag. I'm straight and drag would be a way of getting out besides my usual outings.

Tara Power
08-31-2013, 06:17 PM
I know lots of straight people that used to love going to drag queen bingo in the local gay club because it was all a bit of fun and a bit of theatre kind of I suppose to, but it was never for me and never went. But attitudes are changing but I cant see straight guys doing it often as a cultural fad, maybe haloween and pride, but I dont know. At the end of the day its all a bit of fun and if you feel good doing it then who cares, but if it did become something cool, then at least it would make it easier for people to accept and make some of our lives easier right?x

Brenn
09-02-2013, 03:44 PM
A very interesting video, thanks for posting it. :)

I suspect that Khloe might be hanging around here soon if she isn't already.

Unfortunately, that video is a fake. It's a combination of the beginning of the "He's A Lady" reality show from a few years back with some totally unrelated video that has nothing to do with the first part. Once you get past the 0:26 mark, it's something else entirely.

Carol

I'm glad you pointed that out. I thought it looked too good to be true.

Tara D. Rose
09-02-2013, 03:56 PM
This is a very interesting video. I just happened to view it a few days ago. This is an awesome transformation. But the one that did the makeover, Courtney Act. I think is beautiful. I think Willam Belli is great but this Courtney Act does pass hands down very easily. Check out Courtney's video's on youtube. I would love to meet her some day.

Druscilla Supernovae
09-02-2013, 03:59 PM
If given the chance I'd do it.

darla_g
09-02-2013, 04:17 PM
I liked the video. I especially love seeing the transformation process. I always find that a real turn on. I don't know if i would call the makeup style "drag" but i guess it makes for a nice title. I also never like the idea of perpetuating stereotypes. (ie. Are all Drag Queens gay?)

ReineD
09-02-2013, 04:25 PM
I have often wondered if someday there will be a straight guy does drag movement. I wonder if it will happen slowly or there will be a sudden fad that makes it cool to do real quality drag/CDing. I found this really neat video on youtube, seems like that time is coming...

What do you think?

Well, we already have straight guys who crossdress. Our members! :)

I think that for the guy in the video, it was more than just doing drag for show. Did you catch the part where he said that when he first saw his painted nails in shoes, he felt pretty for the first time in his life? Did you also catch the part about his always feeling fat (I took it he meant ugly) even after he lost all the weight? And then his interest grew from first putting on the red shoes. His wife said that he kept doing more and more, to the point where she wondered if he was going to want to transition. This actually sounds the same as any CDer's progress, who may start off with panties or pantyhose, but over time expands to full female expression ... and he's not expressing a type of femininity to do drag.

I got the impression that this guy is a latent CDer. And I think that he will continue, but he will tone down the makeup and he will try to blend among people as a GG like a lot of our members here.

Do I think that a drag movement will be born among straight guys who are not interested in CDing? No.

LasVegasXD
09-02-2013, 05:56 PM
Eddie Izzard performs in drag, and I thought he was married/straight. I also think different people mean different things by "drag." Some being the over the top To Wong Foo style.

Beverley Sims
09-03-2013, 08:28 AM
I have met a lot of straight guys that do drag, it is an art form.

Frédérique
09-03-2013, 09:13 AM
Eddie Izzard performs in drag, and I thought he was married/straight.

WRONG!!! In Dress to Kill, Eddie goes to great lengths to explain that he is a transvestite and NOT drag anything. There's a difference. He says that drag is the property of gay males, whereas transvestites “fancy girls.” His words, not mine. Mr. Izzard is quite adamant in his beliefs, if you want to call them beliefs, hoping, indeed praying, that people use a crowbar to pry drag and transvestism apart and KEEP them apart. If you don’t believe me, look up the aforementioned performance on YouTube and give it a view and a listen…
:straightface:

ReineD
09-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Mr. Izzard is quite adamant in his beliefs, if you want to call them beliefs, hoping, indeed praying, that people use a crowbar to pry drag and transvestism apart and KEEP them apart.

It's true, crossdressing and doing drag are two completely different scenarios. I often read members here refer to dressing up as "doing drag" (as opposed to "being in drab") but I think that people use the term loosely and they don't mean a DragQueen-like presentation.

Tara Power
09-03-2013, 05:24 PM
God, I never really thought about the different definitions. I knew I was never drag, but I never liked the term transvestite. So who owns cross dressing? lol I dont myself as a crossdresser though, because in my heels and tights, I am still me, just wearing different clothing. But if thats the terminology Eddie Izzard is using, well then I guess im a transvestite.

Surely I must fall within the "gay" spectrum though. Men don't do anything for me, its just being comfortable in myself. Although being attractive to guys would be a turn on of sorts, but that would be more of the thrill of having the desired attentions as a woman. Id hate to have someone analyse that last sentence lol but hopefully its not just me that feels that way right?

x

Cake, or death? :D

Lorileah
09-03-2013, 06:20 PM
There are hetero drag queens and there are females who consider themselves drag queens...I know both types. Usually DQs are gay men just because the venues tend to be gay. No other reason

TheMissus
09-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Interesting video, but I also got the feeling he was a CD and not doing drag. I also felt for the wife as I doubt she'll ever see him the same again. This really will change things for them and I can't help feeling sad that one persons self discovery can destroy another persons life so dramatically.

Funny too how he almost looked hurt when his wife backed away. What did he expect? Maybe they can transform her too and give him a taste of what she just went through. I expect he won't like a male version of his wife any more than she enjoyed this!

Still, it was interesting. What a curious thing gender is.

AmyGaleRT
09-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Khloe actually responded to me! She said:

Thank you, Amy! Katrina IS an amazing woman and I'm beyond lucky to have her. Good on you with an awesome fiancee as well. We are well and I'm still moving forward with this amazing journey. :)
I would've invited her and Katrina here if YouTube would let the site address through. I think they'd benefit from this place.

- Amy

Chickhe
09-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Found another video on youtube, search on 'the honeytraps' ...its a british reality series on a female rocks band using all male band members.

Lex321
09-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Wow what a difference. Anyone know a drag makeup artist in the Boston area? I would love a transformation like that!