PDA

View Full Version : Coping with a cold and being out femme

Michelle (Oz)
08-30-2013, 08:53 PM
I don't know about you but one of the benefits of wanting to go out femme is the will to fight the onset of hayfever and colds. Nothing worse than wanting to sneeze or blow your nose wearing makeup.

Well it happened this week, a doozy of a cold. My wife is such a sharing caring person! But you can't keep a good CDer down. Right?

One of my regular outings is the reading room of the local National Library to work. Much more enjoyable than working from home. When it is busy, all the desks are occupied. But it is so quiet there. Someone forgets to turn their phone to silent and its ring shatters the silence throughout the very large area and everyone looks to see how embarrassed the owner is.

So, I get this tickling in my throat, my nose is irritating, and it is soooo quiet. What's a girl to do? Certainly character building plus some trips outside to clear the head. Oh I hate colds.

So has anyone mastered a femme sneeze or cough? How do you manage to blow your nose and not remove 3 layers of makeup at a time?

NathalieX66
08-30-2013, 08:57 PM
Well, I've been out many times.....but never when I was sick.
Get some rest and plenty of sleep, and I hope you feel better.

Marguarite
08-30-2013, 09:06 PM
My Mom would alarm the neighborhood with one of her sneeze's, quote " A lady only gets hurt holding it in".

What's a girl to think?

Beverley Sims
09-03-2013, 09:45 AM
I always have nice floral hankies when I sneeze, but they are totally inadequate.
Tissues are better.
A feminine sneeze or cough?
I just go outside... :)