PDA

View Full Version : Just when I thought I had a grip on things...

Wildaboutheels
09-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Here I've been thinking the goal of many is to pass as a female [when out in the RW] [usually] by utilizing "most" of the attributes of a real GG. And now I see a thread...

IF you could wear just a few items of very "low key" women's clothing and DISPENSE with makeup, forms, wigs, padding, lipstick, [did I miss anything] and STILL be called Ma'm/referred to as a lady/treated as a lady, would you do it?

Could it serve as an impetus to start spending less/much less time and effort on "presentation"?

Tracii G
09-01-2013, 01:24 PM
Just be a guy wearing womens clothes? Sure do it all the time and get ma'am'd a lot.
If I plan on going all out enfemme add the wig ,make up and all the womanly items it takes for the illusion.

NicoleScott
09-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Heck, no. Those items you suggest to dispense with are the things I like about CDing: makeup, wig, lipstick, and I should add (for me) painted nails, long eyelashes, jewelery, high heels, and more...... If I had to do without these, forget it, I'll stay in guy mode.

Zylia
09-01-2013, 02:40 PM
I'm not really interested in sitting on the fence. I probably wouldn't get away with it anyway unless someone confuses me for a very ugly broad. I like guy clothes and looking good (but not necessarily masculine) as a guy. On the other hand when I wear my girl suit I also want to go all out (or at least what I consider 'all out').

We might learn from it that we're paying attention to the wrong kind of things, but the plural of anecdote is not data.

audreyinalbany
09-01-2013, 03:39 PM
I"m with Nicole on this. I want the forms, make up, lashes, etc. I guess for me, it's not about just dressing like a woman, it's about presenting as a woman

deebra
09-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Yea, I'm with Nicole on this too, the more girly stuff the better, love my D forms in my bra, thats why I picked the name Deebra; wonder how I can add panties to that name??????????

lingerieLiz
09-01-2013, 09:13 PM
I wear a lot of women's clothes in guy mode. For me it is the clothes now. I used to do the full fem thing when young, but now all the women look like me. Short hair and no makeup unless special occasion.

Rachelakld
09-01-2013, 09:34 PM
I like legging and t-shirt when in man mode but feel it's more respectful to make an effort when going out as a fem.

Leah Lynn
09-01-2013, 09:37 PM
I go out quite a bit in women's jeans, sneakers with the little no show sox, nondescript top, and small hoops. My hair is a length that at a distance it looks fem. If I'm going out enfemme, I can wear capri length leggings, sandals, cami. Always makeup then, sometimes forms. I've got a set of B's already. Or, I can go the whole LBD, pantyhose, padding, forms, lots of bling, the whole enchilada.

Depends on where we're going. And no, I don't WEAR Depends!

Leah

Rhonda Darling
09-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Heck, no. Those items you suggest to dispense with are the things I like about CDing: makeup, wig, lipstick, and I should add (for me) painted nails, long eyelashes, jewelery, high heels, and more...... If I had to do without these, forget it, I'll stay in guy mode.

Nicole's says it all. I couldn't agree more.

Best,
Rhonda

Kate Simmons
09-01-2013, 10:28 PM
For myself the idea isn't how close I can get looking like a guy and still wear femme stuff. I'm like Nicole when it comes to dressing up. I really enjoy looking feminine and go the whole "nine yards" or nothing. Basically I have nothing to prove to anyone one way or the other and just go out dressed to have fun and socialize. I honestly don't give two hoots if other people know I'm a guy or not as I do it for myself not others.:)

DianeDeBris
09-01-2013, 10:58 PM
the plural of anecdote is not data.

What a wonderful insight, so brilliantly expressed! I hope I can remember to quote it correctly!

sandra-leigh
09-01-2013, 11:57 PM
I have not worn a wig for a few years now. My natural hair is now down slightly further than the top of my breasts (which are now about as big as you could comfortably cup in a hand.) I forget my lipstick a fair bit of the time, and the shade I am wearing these days mostly makes my lips look human rather than cold fish. I tend to forget where the rest of my makeup is even stored, I use it seldomly enough. I do carry a purse, though.

I do not get called m'am all that much, but that is increasing. The rate of being called sir has been decreasing faster than m'am has been increasing. But yeah, I do still sometimes get called sir, especially by the dozen or more taxi drivers who have memorized my home address.

Back when I used to wear forms and makeup and wig, I almost never got called m'am: people would look at me, see that I was completely in female presentation, and promptly call me Sir.

So if the goal is to be referred to as female and treated as female, going all out is not necessarily going to do it. For some, perhaps nothing short of several surgeries will do it; for others, the living more and more as female personality might be the major factor.

Speaking for myself: I do not dress as any kind of performance or costume (or not anymore anyhow). I dress to live my life the way I need to. The life of a woman my age going about her own business might perhaps typically involve more makeup than I use, but lack of makeup is no longer a social calamity. Well, except perhaps at the kind of gala dinners that I never get invited to anyhow.

Lynn Marie
09-02-2013, 12:21 AM
Pretty much what Nicole said.

I have an order that I always follow in getting dressed. Wash and shave, skin conditioner, makeup, lingerie, outer wear, heels, and then the hair. This is where the magic happens, when the hair goes on Lynn makes her entrance. All that's left is a little jewelry and nails, and I'm ready for most anything. Lynn may not always get mam'd, but she pretty much always gets treated like a lady.

Beverley Sims
09-02-2013, 06:10 AM
If you can dispense with the accoutrements you should consider yourself blessed.
Me I need to spend time on presentation.