PDA

View Full Version : Time to get honest

Lori Kurtz
09-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Being a CD, for many of us, involves layers of dishonesty and deception. I first registered here in a dishonest way, and today I want to make an honest man (woman?) of myself. I registered as a person much younger than myself (more like my age when I was an active CD), and then tried to register again with a separate name, as my real self and my real age. That wasn’t successful, so now I’m correcting what I did. Here is my story.

I was a closet CD from so far back in my childhood that I don’t even remember when and how it started, up until my early thirties. For me, CDing was a sex act. It wasn’t that I felt like I was or wanted to be really a female, and it wasn’t just that I liked or felt more comfortable in female clothing. It involved sexual excitement, and as I moved through puberty, I started creating a female identity that was the kind of girl for whom I had a forbidden attraction. I was a girl who was not ashamed or shy about her sexuality and desires. It was like I became the kind of girl I wanted, and then acted in the highly sexual way I would want her to act—for my own pleasure. The male me was a shy kid, and I took care of my sexual needs through my solitary CD activities during most of my teens.

Eventually I came out of my shell enough to meet someone and fall in love and get married, but I continued CDing from time to time. When she discovered my stash of clothes and makeup, I couldn’t think of any way to lie myself out of it, so I told the truth. She was horrified, and her discovery led to the end of the marriage. I don’t blame her for this: I was not honest with her, and she didn’t sign up to share her life with both a man and an imaginary woman. Other than my first wife, nobody ever knew anything about my secret female identity.

Having lost a wife of more than ten years, I had to re-evaluate my life. I was a little more confident on the dating scene, and met a wonderful woman. But I sensed that the CD concept would not fly with her, so I decided not to do it anymore. Not to say that everybody could manage that, and I certainly wouldn’t condemn anyone who couldn’t. But for me, it worked. I was a little like an alcoholic who was able to get past his drinking. I found that it was possible to do without my drug. I still had some fantasies, but I didn’t carry through with them. I had a great life with my new wife, including a great sex life. Maybe part of what enabled me to do without CDing was that she was so excellent in that area.

Last year, after more than 27 wonderful years for us, she received a cancer diagnosis, and thank god, her struggle did not last long. She’s gone, and she never had a clue about my CD past. Time to re-evaluate my life again. I don’t know what’s ahead for me. My equipment still works pretty well, so I’m back to taking care of myself sexually on my own, without dressing up, but often with some vivid fantasies of the way I used to look and act when dressed up. At this age, I’m not eager to try to make another marriage work—I feel like it could only be a disappointment.

When I see the pictures of you girls on this site, I see a lot who, like me, are not exactly spring chickens anymore. Please don’t take this the wrong way, because I have great respect for you, but I don’t want to look the way women our age look. Like many GGs, I long for the hot, sexy young thing I used to be when I dressed up. I was never quite passable enough to fool anybody who was close to me in daylight, but with a little help from my imagination, I could be a huge turnon for the male part of myself. I don’t think even that would work for me anymore. The female me is not an old lady. So I doubt that I’ll return to CDing. And since my CDing was always a solitary thing, I also don’t know if I’ll want to meet up in person with any CDs, and if so, where that mght lead. I’m not necessarily opposed to the idea, although it’s scary, and it seems like it could complicate my life. I’m also not completely opposed to the possibility that I might find another woman to share my life with—probably without any CD involvement. But for now, I’m just in a wait-and-see and think-it-over pattern, and my showing up here and sharing the truth with you is part of that process.

Thank you for reading. And simply for being here.

Sarah Beth
09-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Everyone ages, perhaps if you had kept CDing over those years the change wouldn't have been so dramatic from what you looked like en femme then and what you look like now. One of the things being a member of this forum has taught me is that no matter what we look like there are people out there who are accepting and appreciative and who we are.

I've never looked particulary pretty dressed since I was in my teens. I am no longer concerned with trying to look like a beautiful woman, all I want is to look as good as I can.

I was looking at some of the pics in that section of the forum earlier and there were some posted by someone who was over 70 and I thought she looked really nice. Just think it over and don't let looks stop you from enjoying.

SophieKitty
09-01-2013, 02:12 PM
I think i speak for all of us that we support you in whatever your decision. It sounds that you just need as much support as possible, and we're all here for you :)

In my youthful stupidity I feel that I'll retire Sophie when I get older, unless I start looking like a MILF then I may CD even more, even when I feel like a guy ;)

Leah Lynn
09-01-2013, 02:53 PM
You never know. I lived most of my life in denial, then started dressing again two years ago. My wife was still alive, and she started to accept Leah into the fold. I've recently set the wheels in motion to begin HRT. I couldn't resemble a hot babe on my best days as a fit and trim teen, much less today. But I'm only in drab for work. The rest of the time, it's all about Leah. I'm 62, and I won't live forever, so why not live the rest of my life as the woman I was supposed to be. I go to GNO's, go shopping, whatever, as the old broad.

Life's short; live it to the fullest. When I go to the grave, I want to know I used it up, 'cause you can't take it with you!

Hugs,

Leah

Lorileah
09-01-2013, 09:46 PM
Life's short; live it to the fullest. When I go to the grave, I want to know I used it up, 'cause you can't take it with you!

:yt:Sad that it takes something tragic to drive that home for us. Losing loved ones does that.

What is scaring me is the first name of the OP and Leah's name and the fact we all have had the loss. I was married 28 years. You think you have forever.

Tracii G
09-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Welcome Lori K.
I forgive you water under the bridge so to speak.I'm one of the no spring chicken gang.LOL

Leah Lynn
09-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Did you ever have that walk, taking the "shortcut" down by the river, when a warm summer rain came up? You were so young and alive and so much in love. you held hands, then put your arm around her waist. And you both laughed. Suddenly, she looked up into your eyes, and you stopped; the world stopped. And you kissed her. You knew you had forever, so you lingered in that moment. A softly spoken, "I love you!", and a deep passionate kiss. Hair streaming down your faces, soaked to the skin. A little puff, a zephyr; and she has goosebumps. You know then, that instant that you could never possibly love anything or anyone half as much as you love her. Your love is so deep it hurts to your marrow. And you'll have that beautiful creature to have and to hold and to love forever.

One day, one dark, cruel day, your world is gone. You'll never love again.

Respectfully,

Leah

Rachelakld
09-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Okay lets be honest, how many days do you have left on earth to waste? To not do the things you feel the need to do.
I've meet many cool young people in screwed up bodies who will never walk, never stand upright, but i never think less of them so why would i think less of a person who was not a spring chicken

Shae Baby
09-01-2013, 11:51 PM
I don't see why you couldn't do both. as the SO of a wonderful CD I wouldn't want him any other way. I am not going to tell him that he needs to stop when he starts to lose his looks. it's not for me, it's for him!!! and there is no reason you couldn't find love again, and with some one that accepts you for who you are this time! I know that it may be hard, but the next time you are in the dating game ( if you decide that it's something that you want to do) just be honest right from the get go. in my opinion, it's better to find some one that loves all of you leaving nothing out, rather than suppress something so apart of who you are. best wishes! :)

Beverley Sims
09-02-2013, 06:14 AM
Lori,
Some here have learned to age gracefully, I haven't.

Diversity
09-02-2013, 06:50 AM
Hi Lori,
Thank you for sharing your story with us. There are aspects about your journey, that many of us, including me, can identify with. You are not alone, and you are certainly among friends. Good luck to you and if there is one thing I would like to suggest, it is that you go ahead and live the rest of your life to its fullest. Enjoy your journey, and have the fun you deserve.
All the best,
Di

Jodie_Lynn
09-02-2013, 07:53 AM
Often times, our lives are so complicated that we sometimes make decisions and choices that are not always for the best. CD/TG-ism further complicates the lives of many. For some of us, we become entangled in a web of misdirection, deceit, fear-of-discovery, and other negative emotions that cause us to make unwise decisions regarding this situation. The trick of it all is to learn from these mistakes, and to also accept who and what we are: complex individuals who do not fit neatly into labeled categories.

GeorgeA
10-09-2013, 08:51 PM
Hi Lori,
You have received a lot of good advice from the posters. Please think about in you'll find yourself in much better position in your next relationship.
All the best.

lingerieLiz
10-09-2013, 09:33 PM
If after all these years you are still thinking about it and resisting could it be that consequences are a concern. I can tell you that there are women out there that would gladly accept your CDing. Be yourself and enjoy life. I found that if people like you they will overlook your idiosyncrasies. I could pass early in life. As I got older looks passed me by. I don't try to fool anyone, but I do wear clothes that I like. If someone doesn't like it they can make their choices. I don't think I've lost friends. I'm one of those who doesn't get together with other CDs. It isn't that I dislike the idea, but I choose to be around people on other criteria and if they happen to be CDers or gay or what ever that's fine. On the other hand if you would like to share CDing that's fine too.

Ceri Anne
10-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Hi Lori. A lot of us start Cding more as we get older because we realize we just need to be who we want to be. While trajic to loose your wife, it does give you the opertunity to follow up on your passion as a woman. I'm only in my 50's but have close friends in their 60s and older who dress very well and have a blast going out to GNO's. I get out often, and while most people think I am in late 30's or early 40's when dressed, I find myself often hanging and fitting in with 20-30 year olds. I love being added to the girls club. So, my advice, look to your heart, do not be afraid to be an older woman, they can have a lot of fun these days. Get out an enjoy regardless of how you dress.

Kate Simmons
10-10-2013, 05:03 AM
Many of us, including myself have no intention of aging gracefully, we fight it every inch of the way and try to keep ourselves in good shape both mentally and physically. It's kind of a "given" that age related issues will crop up but how well we manage them and our mental inclination is pretty much a determining factor. I'm told that CDing automatically takes at least 10 if not more years off of my appearance, Hey, I'll "take" whatever I can get in that respect. I had a rough marriage myself and my wife left me over the CD issues but now I've found a fantastic woman who is fine with it and I'm fine with being her man. I don't mind playing both roles when necessary and with the now occassional CDing I have a lot of fun with it. I found the right person when I stopped looking. Funny how that works. You are the best judge of what works best for you, however, Hon. Enjoy being yourself whatever you choose to do.:)