PDA

View Full Version : The comfort factor

Tina_gm
09-04-2013, 10:29 AM
I find that some women's clothes are simply more comfortable than men's clothes. Not all, let's be honest, heels are not actually more comfortable than regular shoes. Not that I don't enjoy wearing heels for the feeling of being feminine.... but of purely a comfort issue, wearing a skirt, or short shorts is more comfortable. Womens Jeans generally are more comfortable than men's jeans. (body type may attribute to this)

When I have time to dress, part of me just enjoys the comfort I do not get with mens clothing. The fabrics are softer and tend to fit better. I would be willing to bet that a lot of guys who do not crossdress but had the experience of wearing women's clothing would find many items more comfortable.

Christina Kay
09-04-2013, 10:34 AM
I agree whole heartly gendermutt. Love long skirts and the slips, but capri's are my favorite. :)

Kate Simmons
09-04-2013, 10:38 AM
No doubt GM. Freedom of movement counts a lot for myself.:battingeyelashes::)

DDee
09-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Heels are not as comfortable to me as regular shoes ,but I also like to wear them. ( all day I don't know about ) But nothing male is as comfortable as a Dress/Skirt , Nightgown , Slip , Hose etc. Love the feeling of a breeze up under a full skirt or dress.

DDee :)

Dianne S
09-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Yes, some women's clothes are more comfortable. But a lot of women's clothing is much less comfortable and practical than men's.

Things I find more comfortable: Casual dresses, skirts, jeans (I am small so it's easier to find women's jeans that are the right size than men's), nightgowns.

Things I find about the same: T-shirts, blouses, panties, some bras.

Things I find less comfortable: Some bras, heels, pantyhose, waist cincher :), fussy/formal clothes, tight clothes.

But for me, it's not only about comfort... it's also about expression and presentation.

Zylia
09-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Even if women's clothes are more comfortable, other elements like wigs, make-up, scraping off your beard, waistclinchers and other shapewear, gaffs or other tucking methods, hip- and butt pads, etc. etc. certainly are not. Never mind the fact you'll need to get in an unnatural pose to really look feminine.

If I want to be comfortable, the last thing I would do is dress up :D

Tina_gm
09-04-2013, 11:06 AM
The feeling of shaving is a comfortable feeling for me. freshly shaved legs feels great. I am anti hair period, think it looks disgusting on anyone. Seeing mass amounts of body hair is just yucky to me period. thankfully my wife is not a big fan of hair either. She does have a bit of an issue with me shaving my legs and underarms.... Not that I have a lot anyway, but I am fairly certain it is the idea even though secretly I believe she likes the feel of it better than not. Or the sight of it. She does not put up a huge fuss about me shaving, and has even shaved with me once. She has requested that I shave my shoulders.... and has said that if I was a Sasquatch she would prefer me completely shaved. I have offered lol. she prefers for me to leave my arms and chest as they are, and I don't have a lot anyway.

Even if women's clothes are more comfortable, other elements like wigs, make-up, scraping off your beard, waistclinchers and other shapewear, gaffs or other tucking methods, hip- and butt pads, etc. etc. certainly are not. Never mind the fact you'll need to get in an unnatural pose to really look feminine.

If I want to be comfortable, the last thing I would do is dress up.I think that is for the purposes of presentation for which we have to do things to present as women and wear things and adjust in ways which may not be as comfortable. I am talking about just the clothes period, some of them anyway.

Karren H
09-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Funny but to maintain the look I want.... none of the clothes are comfortable given the body I have....

Zylia
09-04-2013, 11:21 AM
I think that is for the purposes of presentation for which we have to do things to present as women and wear things and adjust in ways which may not be as comfortable. I am talking about just the clothes period, some of them anyway.
I never really experienced that, but I guess you're right considering the lycra or whatever makes some clothes stretchy.

It's just that some CD's use 'comfort' as an excuse for their CD'ing while fully presenting, but I don't really get that because of the things I just listed :D

Tina_gm
09-04-2013, 12:21 PM
I am wearing 4 inch mid calf boots right now because I like the femininity and the feel it gives me to walk in them. Should I just take them off and walk around in my socks, what is truly more comfy? That is what a GG would do, why wear them when you don't have to? My wife comes home and the 1st thing she does is take the shoes off. I come home and the 1st thing I do is put the shoes on and go ahh. So there is definitely an odd feminine element to all of this.

EllenJo
09-04-2013, 02:08 PM
There is a great deal of comfort in female clothes. The materials stretch more, most are much lighter fabric, and lets face it, a full skirt is a very liberating thing. Right now I am wearing a knee length denim skirt that is 2% spandex that is just so comfy. The light canvas flats feel wonderful. The nylon panties and Genie Bra feels great. The light pink blouse is loose and filmy. I can breath, move, and just feel generally great. My drab jeans with the bulky crotch between my legs just does not compare.

So yes comfort is a factor. If I was presenting fully that would be another issue. Waist cincher, underwire bra, wig ect... all give a very feminine feeling but for daily comfort women have many more choices.

Hugs
Ellen Jo

nethiker55
09-04-2013, 04:21 PM
count me in I love the fit, fell and comfort of womens clothes

DebbieL
09-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Women's clothes are a different sensory experience. Dressing and looking like a woman even more so.

The first time I wore a full set of girls clothes, I was about 5 years old. The panties were silky tricot and feel cool and soft, totally unlike the jocky shorts, which reminded me of training pants or diapers after that.

The tights were soft and shiny, and it felt like my legs were being hugged everywhere. When I'd touch them, everything around it would feel the movement.

The slip was smooth, silky, and soft. It was nothing like a T-shirt, it felt like it would slip everywhere.

The dress fit over the slip. There was nothing cutting into my legs, scratching them, causing welts and wrinkles. And the dress would slide over the slip, making everything feel like it was alive. It felt like I was being hugged.

Even the mary jane shoes were pretty. I could see my face in them, they were so shiny.

Then came the most relaxed feeling I had ever felt. I was calm, serene, quiet. I could feel my skin getting goosebumps, and they felt good. It reminded me of when I was sick and my mom would stroke my hair and feather touch my face and neck.

And then one of the girls handed me a doll. I wanted to hold it, cuddle it, love it. I sang to it. The other girls just stared for a moment. Then they asked me if I wanted to play Barbies with them. By that point, I wanted to do nothing else. I just wanted to be their friends for ever. There was no fear, no anger, to worry about whether anyone would hurt me. I felt like I belonged more than I ever had before. It was like I was supposed to be a girl, and I finally felt like I was "right".

I continued to dress with my friends for a few weeks. But at one house, the girl's mother came home, saw me in her daughter's pretty dress, and got very upset. She grabbed me by the arm, told me to put on my own clothes, go home, and never come back. I cried the whole time. When I got home, I felt more lonely than I had ever felt before. I was afraid.

The next school day, the teacher made me play with the boys instead of the girls. After about 15 minutes, the boys started throwing rocks at me, saying "stone the sissy" and "stone the queer". One of the rocks hit me just below my eye. I ran to the teacher. When I got back from the nurse's office, we had reading. I started reading, and the boys starting laughing, and whispering "sissy" and "queer". I just stopped reading entirely, and refused to participate any further.

I wanted to be a girl more than ever, and I couldn't. I hated boys. I had to take the bus home, and sat in front so the boys wouldn't be able to beat me up. And when we got to my stop, I ran to my house as fast as I could. I started having asthma worse than ever, and the attacks were so bad that I had to be hospitalized.

One night, I couldn't sleep, so I went into the bathroom, and I found my mom's "church clothes". They were too big, but stockings were even more soft and silky, and the slip was even nicer. I was still lonely, but I would lock myself into the bathroom, put on the clothes, and I would relax. I would become calm again.

When my mom eventually caught me, she had me sit next to her on the bed, and I told her I wanted to be a girl. I wanted to grow long hair so people would let me be a girl. She offered to buy me my own pair of tights so I didn't run her stockings, and we went out and got a pair the next night.

Later, asked my mom if I could be a girl, and she broke down crying. She told me never to talk about it to anyone, that I couldn't be a girl, and that something bad would happen to me if I told anybody I wanted to be a girl. What I didn't know is that she had just been told that the "treatment" for boys who wanted to be girls was Electro-convulsive-therapy, usually 30-90 treatments, and if that didn't work, a lobotomy.

This was all back in 1961, the first year of the Kennedy Administration. Thank God thing have gotten much better today, but even in the 70s and 80s, doctors risked losing their licenses if they tried to help a child transition.

Sister Rachel
09-04-2013, 05:48 PM
I am wearing 4 inch mid calf boots right now because I like the femininity and the feel it gives me to walk in them. Should I just take them off and walk around in my socks, what is truly more comfy? That is what a GG would do, why wear them when you don't have to? My wife comes home and the 1st thing she does is take the shoes off. I come home and the 1st thing I do is put the shoes on and go ahh. So there is definitely an odd feminine element to all of this.

You got right to the heart of the matter, "in a nutshell" there, GD :)

I think that, as "womenswear" covers such a hugely wider range of designs and fabrics compared to "menswear", it's obviously going to go further at both ends of the comfort/ discomfort spectrum. A bra can only be described as "comfortable" in comparison to other bras, surely (?) .. but the slight discomfort is actually pleasurable because of the inherent femininity of the garment .. I love the feel of delicate little straps on my shoulders but it's not "comfy". By contrast, the soft, light feel of good panties is at least 10 times better than any underpants available from the "men's" section.

Barbara Maria
09-04-2013, 08:47 PM
I doubt I'll ever stop dressing,but even if I did,I'd still wear panties all the time for the comfort factor.

SarahBJackson
09-04-2013, 09:35 PM
Womens tops are very comfortable. I find the loose fitting and very comfortable. I love my leggings, especially around the house and with my flats. Very comfortable. I also love the feel of the breeze along my nyloned legs. Skirts are usually comfortable too, if they aren't too tight.

AmyGaleRT
09-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Oh, I agree, gendermutt! I came home this evening and I didn't really feel like going all out with a full presentation, but I did want to enjoy being feminine for awhile. So I put on a simple Walmart sundress, my light foam forms, and my jeweled sandals, and let my hair down. I feel so comfortable, and quite girly besides!

- Amy

Beverley Sims
09-05-2013, 02:06 AM
My body shape suits womens wear.
I do like the comfort and appearance that they give me.

ninadiva
09-05-2013, 02:17 PM
I just love the whole huggy, feely feeling of the clothes. So smooth and caressing on my skin. Last night was stretch jeans, socks, pink mid-ankle length sneakers and a stretchy cami on top. I just loved the clingy-ness of the clothes over my whole body. A whole body hug sensation. Topped with wig and jewellry. Even my clip-on earrings made my ears tingle. Beautiful sensation. Designers must know that GG clothes have these effects over and above any drab clothes.

Druscilla Supernovae
09-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Aint that the truth. When I wore my silk bloomers under my leather skirt it felt so good. It was really smooth. It felt perfect.

donnalee
09-05-2013, 08:31 PM
For me, it's all comfort. I can't wait to get home to step in the shower and change, either into a rather skimpy sundress when it's warm. or warm skirts when it isn't; it's an "ah" moment for me.

Dalva
09-06-2013, 12:26 AM
Here's what I find comfortable:

Just about all the skirts, tops, dresses (I love dresses more than skirts) and lounge wear in my wardrobe;
Just about all the panties, girdles, slips, bras, stockings/pantyhose and nighties in my day to day underwear drawer;
Most of the basques, corsets, garter belts sissy outfits in my naughty frillies drawer;
Some of the heels in my closet (but many women complain about heels).

Here's what I find uncomfortable:

Stiff men's dress shirts;
Suits and ties;
Jeans;
Tighty whities and for that matter, boxer shorts...wait...I should just say all male underwear;
Stiff leather dress shoes...

I suppose I could go on.

But you get my drift.

I sometimes think I'm such a fairy:fairy3::)

deebra
09-06-2013, 08:15 AM
Gender I agree with your post, but even though comfort is suppose to be at the top I find being dressed fem brings more pleasure and satisfaction. After years of dressing I find a special kind of comfort when I am dressed in womens clothing. I enjoy wearing a soft cup D bra with the weight and size of my forms, a thong when tucked feels very feminine and the tightness of a pair of girl jeans pulled against my flat front looks and feels very womanly. Also enjoy the comfy feeling of a soft feminine top over the way my bra enhances the front view of the top. With all this girly equipment on and walking in heels each piece compliments the others and it feels oh so right to have it on and Feminine. Honestly I truly enjoy being dressed like this more so than in male shorts and no shirt. Just the girl in me I guess.

GeorgeA
10-12-2013, 11:20 AM
Women's clothing is so much nicer to feel and look. I hate male clothes and that's why I'm a crossdresser.

Sarasometimes
10-12-2013, 12:10 PM
For me some of the women's clothes I wear are more comfortable but most are not. I think more along the lines of "What price beauty." As Karren said, few of the clothes I wear are comfortable with my body either.
I dress to express my feminine side. If my circle of society embraced men wearing women's clothing but still looking like men I would mix and match. I find more acceptance/tolerance from others when I try appearing as a woman.
I actually enjoy some of the less comfortable clothing items. Their feel reminds me of their existence, such as my heels or control panty and snug bra.

marciaanne
10-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Here's what I find comfortable:

Just about all the skirts, tops, dresses (I love dresses more than skirts) and lounge wear in my wardrobe;
Just about all the panties, girdles, slips, bras, stockings/pantyhose and nighties in my day to day underwear drawer;
Most of the basques, corsets, garter belts sissy outfits in my naughty frillies drawer;
Some of the heels in my closet (but many women complain about heels).

Here's what I find uncomfortable:

Stiff men's dress shirts;
Suits and ties;
Jeans;
Tighty whities and for that matter, boxer shorts...wait...I should just say all male underwear;
Stiff leather dress shoes...

I suppose I could go on.

But you get my drift.

I sometimes think I'm such a fairy:fairy3::)

Completely agree. Everything femme is comfy.

Laurie A
10-12-2013, 01:12 PM

so true!

what is primarily most comfortable for me is the fact that the fabrics are softer. also wearing a skirt feels so much less constricting.

KristyE
10-13-2013, 05:38 AM
The feel of soft and stretchy is all encompassing. When I walk into a store I think girls have it all. Look and feel, I love it!

brassieres
10-13-2013, 06:12 AM
I find some women's clothing more comfortable, however after a while, both bras and pantyhose can become uncomfortable. Underwire bras are always uncomfortable.

Maria 60
10-13-2013, 08:25 AM
It's the bra that kills, I know the male body is not designed for the female bra, I used to wear my wife's old bras and thought they were the wrong size, but now even buying my size wearing it for a long time isn't very comfortable and even tried different styles. All around everything else feels more soft and silky.

katssun
10-13-2013, 10:47 AM
Regarding a bra, it totally depends on the brand. I've found a few that have been torture, and others, even underwires, that fit me like a glove. I could wear them 24 hrs without an issue. It's tough, but you have to keep trying different brands and styles until you find one that feels like it was made just for you. Everyone who buys bras has this problem.

I find low heels very comfortable, though I take them off when sitting. This is what I own a pair of slides for.

linda allen
10-13-2013, 10:51 AM
I think the idea that women's clothes are more comfortable than men's clothes or that more styles and colors are available in women's clothes is just a justification (or excuse) for crossdressing. You can buy comfortable clothing in the men's department if you want to.

We all have our reasons for crossdressing but we should be honest about it, not make up excuses.

BTW: A bra cannot be more comfortable than no bra. Many women remove them the minute they have a chance. I only wear one to keep my boobs from falling off.

Crissy Kay
10-13-2013, 10:53 AM

I would have to agree with Zylia on this, even if I don't have to do everything she lists. Considering what I like to wear when I do dress up.

wilt575
10-13-2013, 01:51 PM
I find that some women's clothes are simply more comfortable than men's clothes. Not all, let's be honest, heels are not actually more comfortable than regular shoes. Not that I don't enjoy wearing heels for the feeling of being feminine.... but of purely a comfort issue, wearing a skirt, or short shorts is more comfortable. Womens Jeans generally are more comfortable than men's jeans. (body type may attribute to this)

When I have time to dress, part of me just enjoys the comfort I do not get with mens clothing. The fabrics are softer and tend to fit better. I would be willing to bet that a lot of guys who do not crossdress but had the experience of wearing women's clothing would find many items more comfortable.

Love the womens jeans both for the comfort and fem feel in hips and waist as they taper down through thighs. When going casual its always fem for comfort feeling.