PDA

View Full Version : Holiday reflections

CharleneCD
12-25-2005, 06:00 AM
First off I want to wish all my sisters a very Merry Christmas.

This X-mas morn I sit here and think. It is one of the roughest Christmas's in a long time. 2000 miles from family and we cant afford any gifts under the tree. But I am not at all unhappy. I realize I have been given two gifts earlier in the year that make up for it.

First is my discovery of my fem side. While many sometimes consider it a curse, I think it is a blessing. In the 8 months I have been dressing I have gone from a weak half person to a much stronger whole person. I still have alot of growth to do, but I am so much better off for admiting, accepting and reveling in my fem side.Before I was never comfortable or able to make good friendships. Today we are going to spend our Christmas with another sister and her family who we are begining to feel a close friendship with. There are also many sisters I wish I could also be spending Christmas with in person rather than on this forum. I truley love and appreciate you all.

Second and no less important is my loving wife Bunny. The problems we have faced this year would test any relationship. Add My dressing to that and it almost seems an insumountable obstacle to staying together. But through love, acceptance, and compromise we have remained together happy.

Again I must say that the gifts I have recieved leave me feeling blessed this year.

Adrianne
12-25-2005, 07:18 AM
Charlene i know the feeling of having no money for gifts under the tree and being so far from family as my family are in the U.K.
I hope you have a great day.

Billijo49504
12-25-2005, 08:17 AM
Hi Charlene, We aren't having a very exciting Xmas either. As you know, unemployment in Michigan is the hghest in the nation. :thumbsdn: And the job is still there but we just took some concesions. But every morning when my feet hit the floor, I'm happy to be alive. Merry Christmas to all...BilliJo

Nikki Dee
12-25-2005, 09:51 AM
Hi. Charlene...lovely message...lovely story....and doesn't it just go to show that you don't have to travel to the other side of the world to find treasure...it is so often in your own back yard.!.The simple things are so often the most important. have a good Xmas. and 2006.
love Nikki. x

Kimberly
12-25-2005, 05:23 PM
Merry Christmas... a lot has happened in a year for me too. A hell of a lot. (I won't list it all here ;))

Like you, I have grown, and value that every day. I hope your holidays will be a fulfilling one, in whichever fashion you want. And presents are overrated :p

xx

LisaRaye
12-25-2005, 05:26 PM
Charlene i know the feeling of having no money for gifts under the tree and being so far from family as my family are in the U.K.
I hope you have a great day.

I know the same feeling all so well not so long ago. but things are better now. I am happy for you that your spirits are up. it will get better. god bless you.:)

Alison Michelle
12-25-2005, 08:24 PM
Charlene and all.

Glad to hear you are all doing well and wish you a safe and happy holiday. I am having a simple Christmas season this year, spending time with friends and family.

Huggs,

Alison

Sherrie
12-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Merry Christmas to you as well. It is great to see you have found a sister friend to spend Christmas with. Presents are nice but friendship and acceptance are much better. Especially with your wife. I feel blessed as well in the last year, as my wife learned about my dressing shortly after last Christmas and confronted me about it. This year she actually seems to be accepting "Sherrie" as she gave her presents. I hope you have many more loving years with your wife, and may you aquire many more friends. It would have been so nice to spend Christmas with our other sisters in person, and perhaps one day we will, with at least some of them. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Ariana
12-26-2005, 02:39 AM
Merry Christmas. The closeness of friends (even if online ones) can certainly ease the pain of being without family for the holidays.