PDA

View Full Version : Admirers

the_long_now
09-04-2013, 08:20 PM
First, yes I am an admirer. There was a time when I would dress, and enjoyed my time en femme. For me there felt like there was always something missing. I soon discovered that I wished to admire and enjoy the company of the ladies who achieved what I could not.

So as a point of discussion, this is CD.com "a place for cross dressers, their family and friends", but do some ladies feel having admirers, no matter how polite and civil in the forum, takes away from those who wish to have the support of other cross dressers?

take care, Robert
Vancouver, BC

AllieSF
09-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Robert, you are as welcomed here as any other member. Just like other members please follow the rules and ask when in doubt about something that you are not sure about, as you are so politely asking now. I am a little late, if you have already posted an introduction post, but, "Welcome to the Forum and I hope that you enjoy your stay."

Kate Simmons
09-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Not at all Robert. Good to have you here Hon.:)

AmyGaleRT
09-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Robert, I didn't see a sign on the door telling you to keep out! Since you've been there, you know what it's like for us, so I'm not worried you'll be a jerk or something. I'm sure many of us would appreciate a well-mannered gentleman who will treat us like ladies! :)

- Amy

Rachelakld
09-04-2013, 09:38 PM
I like to be admired by polite people

ReineD
09-05-2013, 12:36 AM
Welcome Robert, thanks for being candid! :)

Beverley Sims
09-05-2013, 01:19 AM
I have nothing against admirers in fact they are welcome as long as their attentions are honourable and honest.

Leona
09-05-2013, 01:23 AM
Wait, what are you admiring? GG's or CD's?

If you're admiring CD's, I can send you some pics to admire.... ;)

As for tranny-chasers, I take a boost in confidence, but derive no long-term self-esteem from them. At the heart of it, I'm an object to them, not really a person, so they can take a hike. I'd rather hang out with CD friends.

paulaprimo
09-05-2013, 01:31 AM
hi robert and welcome to the forum. i'd like to thank you for stating your status as an "admirer".
from my understanding, we have had the occasional "pretender"
i wish you the best and enjoy your time here :)

Cheryl T
09-05-2013, 02:41 AM
It's the "polite and civil" that we appreciate most I'm sure. Your candidness surely makes you welcome....

Debi
09-05-2013, 03:03 AM
I echo what everybody else has said... Your honesty and integrity make you as welcome as anybody else x

Tracii G
09-05-2013, 03:08 AM
Welcome I enjoy an admirer anytime as long as he is nice and doesn't get too pushy or too sexual in nature.
Keep it clean is my motto.

Sabrina133
09-05-2013, 03:49 AM
HI Robert, welcome to the stie. Its a great place. I think we all enjoyed being admired as long as it doesnt get obsessive.

Lynn Marie
09-05-2013, 05:23 AM
Obviously just about all of us would love to be admired and even validated by presenting on the arm of a handsome gentleman! It's the expectations of the admiring gentleman after dinner that makes these kinds of occasions difficult. Having CD girlfriends and admirers who are CDs themselves makes socializing so much easier with known expectations.

Marcelle
09-05-2013, 06:17 AM
Hi Robert,

Welcome and thanks for being upfront and honest with us gals.

Isha

Deanna B
09-05-2013, 08:30 AM
hi babes . a pic would be nice .see how hansome you are because you sound really nice . have a lovely time here and take care love deanna xx

Tina B.
09-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Not impressed with admirers, not looking to be admired, but you seem like a nice honest guy, you where up front, and that I do appreciate, welcome.

Tracii G
09-05-2013, 11:53 AM
I have been out on dates with admirers and had a great time.
Hanging on to the arm of a handsome refined gentleman in public is pure validation in my book.
You ladies that haven't done it are missing out of the whole experience.
Out on a date in public maybe some will clock you but you get respect and admiration from GG's for the most part because you are out with a sexy man that is giving you his full attention.
Last year I got asked out by a very handsome admirer,he was 59 years old and about 6'2" built very well and me being 5'6" we looked like a normal couple IMO
Went to PF Chang's and had a wonderful dinner.The waitress even commented on how nice we looked together.
Later we went to the Ky Horse Park and took in all the sites and I loved it when he would place his hand around the small of my back as we walked around.
Truly an awesome feeling.

Lorileah
09-05-2013, 11:54 AM
Admirers are great! As long as you are polite and courteous. We all like to be admired. True gentlemen without ulterior motives are rare.

ArleneRaquel
09-05-2013, 11:59 AM
Lorileah,
No truer words were ever spoken.

junemay
09-05-2013, 12:10 PM
Welcome....:) Glad I have found a company...YES I am an admirer too :) (ofcourse I am a nice & gentle admirer a girl will love )

carhill2mn
09-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Hi Robert,

I do not have any probelm with "admirers" as long as that person is respectful and does not make someone feel uncomfortable.

Marleena
09-05-2013, 12:19 PM
I respect people that don't hide and are truthful. I'm sure there are many admirers in hiding here. Thanks for your honesty and it doesn't bother me as long as they are polite.

Deanna B
09-05-2013, 02:58 PM
hi . there are some really nice admirers which are happy to go out with you and have a drink and some who just want sex but on the flipside there is some nice girls which welcome you with open arms and become great friends and some that are not at all nice .so please girls don't judge them all by one rotten one . play safe take care love deanna xx

Marleena
09-05-2013, 05:00 PM
I'm not dating though, just a general comment from me, Deanna.

Frédérique
09-05-2013, 05:18 PM
So as a point of discussion, this is CD.com "a place for cross dressers, their family and friends", but do some ladies feel having admirers, no matter how polite and civil in the forum, takes away from those who wish to have the support of other cross dressers?

All I can say is it’s nice to have friends, or know a few intrepid individuals who like something you wrote, and take the time to acknowledge it. I can thank the admirers for keeping me here, bent but unbroken, following the same trodden path that brought me to this largely unseen world. I like the ones who offer support unconditionally, knowing full well how it feels to (finally) be in a place where you can discuss these forbidden issues. Others take umbrage at the faintest slight, tending to support their own faction, while mature individuals break down barriers, extend a welcoming hand, and craft measured responses. I’ve done both, but it’s all in the name of getting the support of other crossdressers. Of course, the word “crossdresser” means different things to different people – I admire those who recognize this fact…
:battingeyelashes:

the_long_now
09-05-2013, 07:37 PM
I think we can all agree that, like anyone would wish, it all comes down to respect, honesty and should I say, one being honorable?

I have no delusions that on line forums are the place to meet someone to date, we are spread over the world, and this is not displayed as a dating website, and there is no need to waste a lady's time with unwelcome attention. That is not to say people should not or do not in these forums. I do welcome meeting, and intelligently conversing with others in the forums or private messages with both the women here and other admirers. I hold no ill will against some who represent themselves with not so accurate photos, as it is what some one feels in side that is a major part of the transformation. I say this as I have been to chat sites where, as soon as a male appears there is the baiting and name calling.

So yes, I do have photos and am happy to share when I am comfortable with others, this is not unusual, is it? I hope to comment in the forums when I can. My only concern is how I am read. we have all heard the anecdotes that state a large majority of IM's, emails, SMS and comments are read in the wrong context. You may also note I tend to ramble in my comments. Take care everyone

SometimesJen
09-17-2013, 09:02 AM
There was a time when I would dress, and enjoyed my time en femme. ...I wished to admire and enjoy the company of the ladies who achieved what I could not.

...do some ladies feel having admirers, no matter how polite and civil in the forum, takes away from those who wish to have the support of other cross dressers?

Thank you for being upfront as an admirer, Robert. Whether you are currently dressing or not, I would welcome your thoughts and insights and see them as yet another form of support. Welcome.