PDA

View Full Version : Does dressing defy aging?

CarlaWestin
09-05-2013, 07:23 AM
I couldn't quite figure out a title for this post to direct this thought, so bear with me. As I was reading this (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?200590-To-see-Shaylee-live-and-in-person-again) thread, and admiring the images, I was amazed at how femenine embellishments really curtail signs of aging. BTW, Shaylee, you look fabulous. Carla's time is early mornings usually before work and don't really allow enough time for a full makeup treatment but, just wearing a basic outfit, jean skirt, knit top, bra and forms and comfortable shoes, I just look and feel younger. The way I sit and walk. It's as though my whole figure and posture changes. And I love it!

Kate Simmons
09-05-2013, 07:30 AM
It can be a veritable "fountain of youth" Hon. I'm told I look at least 10 years younger when dressed "to the nines" with full makeup. Tonto(Johnny Depp) should be so lucky, huh? :heehee::)

Jocelyn Quivers
09-05-2013, 08:10 AM
It is a fountain of youth, it's knocked years off my appearance not only femme mode but male mode as well. I guess it makes me overall happier as a person it lifts the wrinkles off my face, along with diet/exercise requirements which go into maintaining the "youthful look."

suchacutie
09-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Tina had her 8th birthday two weeks ago. Before Tina (BT?) I was like any other regular guy: I washed with bar soap and shaved every morning before my shower. I didn't worry so much about posture and how many guys do you see with bushy hair covering eyebrows, ears, and noses! Really!

Enter Tina. Walking in heels, worrying about how to sit/stand/move, and being conscious about body shape/weight brings on major changes in how we present ourselves. Then add facial scrubs, moisturizers, toner, hydrators, and all the other tricks for improving our skin even before talking about any makeup and one can see why we improve when we start worrying about helping ourselves to make our best possible feminine presentation. My wife thinks I've knocked 10 years off my complexion in guy mode! Add makeup and heaven knows how much younger Tina looks!

Just one of our advantages!

Beverley Sims
09-05-2013, 09:47 AM
Dressing is a young and invigorating past time.
Of course you feel younger.
Look at your own face once you put it on. :)

Crissy Kay
09-05-2013, 02:52 PM
I belive to some degree it does. That's another reason that I enjoy my fem time!

jillleanne
09-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Absolutely, provided you keep your hands and face out of a mirror where there is florescent lighting.

ReineD
09-05-2013, 03:41 PM
I think that makeup does help a person look younger if it is applied properly. It would help minimize the signs of aging on men too, in fact I think they do have concealers and powders for men:

http://www.kenmen.net/en/skinColour/

I also think that if a person has gray hair, putting on a different color wig will make them look younger. But men and women can dye their hair and obtain the same effects.

Karren H
09-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Looks may be deciding.... personally I feel young her out on the ice.... slapping the puck around... than when I dressed... yeah I may look younger enfemme but its all smoke and mirrors.... and makeup and hair and nylon and accessories.... where out on the ice I'm doing something that makes me feel younger and helps my aging body... wearing ng a dress doesn't do that... for me...

Frédérique
09-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Does dressing defy aging?

YES, especially when you dress younger than your age (like me)! :clap:

Kelly DeWinter
09-05-2013, 05:32 PM
No, Bondo defy's aging