PDA

View Full Version : First time Jitters and Butterflies in my Stomach

leliani
09-05-2013, 07:13 PM
So I have been dressing for quite some time now. Just like many girls here I have used the same old excuses of "it's for my wife", or "just looking..." Approximately 4 or 5 years ago, I was finally able to break that barrier. It felt like a eureka moment when you're finally able to say "I'm shopping for myself." I've asked to try things on more times than I can count, and 9 times out of 10, I've had great fun and no bad experiences. I've even created a decent on-going relationship with some of the SAs, and they greet me warmly with a smile and show me to new items etc.

But last weekend something weird happened. I pulled up into a parking lot for a mall I go to, and I just totally had beginners nerves again. I started getting butterflies in my stomach and got really nervous. I went in to Fredericks of Hollywood and tried on a dress, and after that I was totally fine. But honestly I felt so scared and nervous.

Has this happened to anyone else? Do you occasionally get nervous or butterflies in your stomach? Like its your first time all over again?

Rachelakld
09-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Sometimes when I go in drab (construction site clothes and a beard) I get nervous, but never when I go as a female

Angie G
09-05-2013, 07:59 PM
I made excuses years ago. When my wife and I go shopping I pick what I wish to buy. If they think it's for me who cares.:hugs:
Angie

RenneB
09-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Yep... same type of journey. However, once the butterflies left they were basically gone forever. Now all I get is a little apprehensive. You know, like when you go some where dressed to the 9s and you see all the other girls dressed in jeans and flip flops.... yea, I get a little apprehensive. Oh, I still have the IDC 'tude, but I try really hard not to stand out too much. If I'm one notch up from the other girls, that's great. I'll go for it.

But over dressed... most likely I'll head to another location. Now for going to the mall during the day, I don't care where I go or what the others are wearing. I'm dressed comfy and that's just the way it's going to be.....

Renne.....

Dalva
09-06-2013, 01:31 AM
Funny you should bring this up, leliani. I remember those first several times buying my own things, whether it was clothes, make up or whatever, I was scared silly.
The first time I bought my own pantyhose, I was so nervous and jittery, I thought I was going to bring up my lunch. My mouth was so dry that I couldn't speak and my hands were shaking so much when I handed the clerk the bills.

Anyways, like you I eventually calmed down and never thought much more about it. But last week I went into a wig shop and the looks I got from the sales staff and customers were enough to make it all come back again. I don't know why, it's their problem after all but it just unnerved me.

Oh well, by the time I got home I had forgotten about and was very excited to try on my new purchase. (my first blonde wig):)

Tracii G
09-06-2013, 02:00 AM
Its all about jumping each hurdle when you get to it.It gets easier the more you do it.

Beverley Sims
09-06-2013, 04:20 AM
I am cool most of the time but I do suffer from occasional butterflies.
I do not know why, there seems no logical reason for it.

BillieJoEllen
09-06-2013, 10:25 AM
I think the boldest I've ever been when out clothes shopping was my very first time out shopping. My first items were a bra and girdle. I told the SA that buying them was a bit embarrassing. She consoled me and told me that men buy items like that all the time. I bought a blouse at a different location, a skirt at a different location, nylons at a different location and a slip, panties and a few other things all at other locations. Then I went to work on second shift. It was the longest shift I have ever put in. Didn't think it would ever end. I just couldn't wait to try my new clothes on (in my size). Finally able to leave. Didn't think I'd ever get to the private spot I picked out to try them on. What heaven when I finally got to dress!

Dianne S
09-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Yes, I still sometimes get nervous. No idea why since I have never once had a negative reaction.