PDA

View Full Version : Shaving

Sam-antha
12-25-2005, 09:36 AM
A passing thought :
Long ago I gave up shaving:eek: ....:confused: .,,..........with foams and so forth.:rolleyes:
Now I use almost any body lotion that comes to hand, with or without Aloe Vera. Any and all of them do a good easy razor glide, and there is no need for the after shave to cool off,( not that I was ever bother with razor rash. Touch wood. ) After shave then becomes the luxury, feely, scent stuff.
Any body else, with anything else.
PS Its easier on the body too.:)

Kimberly
12-25-2005, 05:19 PM
Can never tackle the shaving thing properly... I'm gonna look into different things. Waxing, maybe epilating.

I just use the suds from the shower gel, and don't usually use any lotion after, (baby lotion normally.) Does it fine... though the hairs have to be kinda long until I can shave without a rash. This, of course, means stubbly legs for a couple of a days :(

xx

Michelle Hart
12-25-2005, 08:15 PM
Ive used both, creams and a razor. Now I just use a razor.

Nothing fancy but it gets the job done.

Lacamas
12-25-2005, 08:20 PM
Unless this is a wives tale. I have been told that the stearic acid used in
most shaving creams actually stimulate hair grow.

When is started shaving all those years ago i did not have the luxury of using a shaving cream.
All i had to use was warm water. I have been shaving that way ever since and have never used anything.

I just use a disposable blade and a lot of warm water. I do get a nice close shave and have to shave once a day.

Sherrie
12-25-2005, 09:13 PM
I shave every other day or so with a razor and shave gel (whole body). I use an electric razor on my legs everyday. I just love my legs to be smooth. I have tried the creams, but they only cause irritation for me, so that is not a way for me to remove my hair. I have been told that using a hair conditioner will give you a much smoother shave ( havn't tried it yet). A GG gave me that hint. I'll try it soon.

Felicity
12-26-2005, 12:38 AM
Everything I use lotion wise has Aloe Vera in it. Anymore, I don't bother with a shaving cream or gel because my skin stays moisturized when I shave just from the Aloe. I shave in a warm bath with the residule lotion that stays on my skin. I then use a 57% aloe vera body wash, and use a 98% aloe vera lotion after the bath and shower.... ready for the next dfays shave!

Sam-antha
12-27-2005, 09:44 AM
Hi again,
I want to emphasise that the lotions are used by me every day, not just for body but for normal face shaving. Makes for less clutter and its cheap too.
Surprisingly water is not essential.
Old wives tale : A cold rinse makes the hairs stand up to be cut. It makes the goose pimples stand up to be sliced.

Rikki Elisabeth
12-27-2005, 09:34 PM
I used to shave but no longer. I go to a salon every month and get a body wax. Oh, my gawd! It feels incredible! I have my brows done at the same time. With waxing, the hair eventually gets thinner, and thinner, and thinner, until.......