PDA

View Full Version : Forms in checked luggage when flying?

Camille15
09-06-2013, 01:12 AM
Does anyone have any experience packing silicone forms in their checked-in airplane luggage? Did your luggage get searched or held as a result? Do you know if these show up as suspicious on an x-ray? I'm going on a business trip soon, and thought of bringing some items along to dress in my hotel room. But of course I want to avoid any trouble or hold-ups.

Thanks,
Camille

Tracii G
09-06-2013, 02:02 AM
Its a gel substance inside so it may be a problem.
I'm sure one of the flying pretty ladies here will chime in on this.
Good luck.

Zylia
09-06-2013, 02:03 AM
No personal experience, but you may find your answer here:
https://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/transgender-travelers

Nancy Sue
09-06-2013, 02:07 AM
When I travel I usually wear panties and a camisole (under my clothes, of course). And I have thigh highs, pettipants, a bra and size B bra pads (from Macy's, about $30), in my carry-on - which I put on in the bathroom after I am through TSA. While it has been run through the machine again an extra time or two sometimes, they never say anything, or even open it up. They are looking for dangerous things, not soft things. While returning from Florida recently I decided to put it all on at my hotel room. I was a little nervous, but I relaxed and did not show it. Our airport had removed the thing where you raise your hands and makes a full graphic of you, and they told me all the airports were removing them - so I figured Orlando would not have it - wrong. So after the scan they said stop on the foot marks, and a guy ran his hands down my back. Twice. Then he said something softly I did not understand, said to turn around, and a woman stepped over and ran her hands down my back, too. I could now see the screen with my avatar on it - and it had black-out places where my bra and the pads were. They did not touch my front, but anybody who was paying attention could see I had breasts. Not large, but you can tell if you care to, and I am sure they did. It was kind of exhilarating, actually. They said "go" and I walked away with a little satisfied smile on my face. The TSA are taught that people cross dress, and they are not to hassle them - so they don't. I pack all my stuff, in both carry-on and regular suitcase, in the Eagle Outfitters Cube, 1/2 Cube and 1/4 Cube zipper bags (available from REI & AAA). And I pack it all in certain places, and even run the inside suitcase straps through the straps on the bags so they will stay where I put them - and when I arrive at the hotel and things are in a different place, and the suitcase straps are not through the straps on the cubes anymore - I know they have been in there rooting around. But they are not looking for lingerie (unless they are like us), or breast forms. And they don't know if the case is owned by a man or woman. Many people share suitcases and both types of clothes are in the same case. Nor do they know if you are carrying something to someone else, or if a woman who had a mastectomy owns them. Nor do they care. They are busy, they have a job to do, and looking for forms or lingerie is not why they are there. So take what you want and enjoy dressing on your trip.

Niya W
09-06-2013, 02:33 AM
My friend said they looked like bowls when they X rayed them so the took them out and looked at them and then moved on,

Beverley Sims
09-06-2013, 04:08 AM
They do not show up as suspicious, if they have dark nipples and aureola's on them when they look they are self explanatory.
Never any worries here.
Mine are usually in their original packaging, that is enough explanation if they are curious.

Maria in heels
09-06-2013, 05:03 AM
I actually have traveled several times with my forms in my carry on suitcase. Out of 4 trips, I have only been stopped once and asked to open the bag to show the contents inside. I do wrap each form in a plastic shopping bag (such as stop & shop, waldbaums, path mark) and the TSA agent, a male, first asked what was in this section of the bag. When I told him quietly breast forms, he asked me to unlock the bag, opened the top slightly, and touched the bag holding the one of the forms...he felt it was soft and then closed the bag and said thank you...

Melissa Rose
09-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Of the times there have been full forms in my checked luggage, it has been checked almost every time based on the number of TSA notices left in the luggage so I think it is more than random chance. Forms tend to x-ray as dark, dense items and can obscure anything beneath them. Whoever is doing the checking does not know you nor do they care. All they care about is prohibited items in your luggage. They probably see so many out of the ordinary items as to not be phased by almost anything. As long as nothing goes missing or gets damaged, there should be no worries about getting your luggage checked. I now have small silicone bra inserts instead of full forms and the luggage checking frequency has seemed to have gone down.

Laura912
09-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Just don't leave a coil of wire and an alarm clock near them!! :D

happy2cd
09-06-2013, 03:06 PM
I have done it a few times and never had a problem.

Marleena
09-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Packed mine a couple years back in a carry on (Detroit to Vegas). X rayed and no issues.

Annaliese
09-06-2013, 03:19 PM
Put my form in a clear bag on top of my clothes, I have had it when I left our small air port, and not check coming back from Denver. I don't try to hide them put them where they can be seen right off along with my make up.

Lorileah
09-06-2013, 03:26 PM
There is an ongoing discussion of this http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?200549-traveling&highlight=luggage. Checked luggage would be less likely to be opened than your carry on but as was noted above there is a specific area of the TSA website that addresses this. They are prostheses and medical.