PDA

View Full Version : Article

beckydee
12-25-2005, 10:18 AM
I guess this may have been posted before but it's quite an interesting article, if only we could get everyone to read it!!

http://jenellerose.com/htmlpostings/conservative_men.htm

Oh yeah and Merry Christmas!

TGMarla
12-25-2005, 10:45 AM
You know something? I've seen this article for some years now and never really read it. It's quite good in some ways. Thanks for sharing it. I only wish my wife could read it with an open mind. Perhaps she could begin to understand how badly I (and many of us) wish for even her tentative acceptance.

Nanci
12-25-2005, 11:48 AM
I'd love for my wife to find this article on her own and read it but I'm afraid that she wouldn't recognize me anyway. I've been very careful not to tell her too much because every time that I've tried to even hint at the subject her reaction of disgust has been very clear. There was an article in some women's magazine like Redbook years ago, something like "My husband likes to wear my panties". I saw the magazine in our mail and read the article before she did and so I waited with much hope and anticipation for her to find it so I could see her reaction.

One evening I saw her pick up the magazine and I waited, kind of peeking over her shoulder occasionally to see if she had gotten to it. As I recall, this wasn't necessarily one of those stories where the wife was outraged and the marriage broke up, etc., etc. It was a bit more sympathetic, the wife was surprised but came to terms with it.

Anyway, I was practically holding my breath waiting for my wife to finish it to see what she might say. She put the magazine down and kind of casually said, "Have you ever worn my panties?" I don't know if she was testing me, or was just throwing that out as a joke, expecting that I would immediately deny it and we would have a good laugh. I would have been better off if I had done that. . . but I hesitated, wanting so badly to tell her the truth.

I think it quickly dawned on her what my hesitancy meant. I could have immediately denied it and we would have laughed and forgotten about it. Or I could have immediately said "Yes, but they're too small for me" or "Yes, but I wish you'd buy more black lace", and she would have laughed, probably believed that I was putting her on, and we would have moved on. But instead when I hesitated, she jumped to the truthful conclusion that the answer was "Yes I have and I'd like to talk about it." Her instant reaction was shock and tears and outrage. We talked for about an hour, with me admitting that I had tried them on, and trying to appease her by promising never to do it again. Of course, you all know that the only way I could keep a promise like that would be to buy my own panties and other garments. Actually I did have some clothes at the time so I could make a promise like that to calm her down while knowing that I wouldn't (and really couldn't) go cold turkey anyway.

I got off rambling here, but the point is, I'd love for my wife to read an article like this and really think about it, but I'm quite certain that her reaction would be negative. I cling to the hope that someday I can share this with her. Maybe when our children are out of the house and she would have less worries about someone finding out. I don't know.

And to all of you who say in response to threads like this, "The best think is to tell the truth about this!", I can only say, "Maybe someday, but I can't risk losing my marriage over it."

It's much easier to be extremely careful and try to keep the secret until someday when I might get some sign that she could handle it.

ReginaK
12-25-2005, 02:19 PM
I love that article. Especially the last paragraph. That's something you can print out and hand to your parents, S/O, or anyone else you need to come out to.

Michelle Hart
12-25-2005, 08:04 PM
One common theme I noticed was acceptance, support, compulsion, and fear.

It's interesting that those are very common occorances on our jobs:

we accept we have to work on saturday....

we support our family and friends in crisis.....

we are compelled to find work and provide for our family and self.....

we fear being fired or reprimanded on the job......

Is it so hard for and intollerant wife of SO to understand the similarity?

I'm so thankful that mine does.

Helana
12-27-2005, 04:39 AM
It is a good, positive article.....but that is also its problem in that it only tells half-truths. That is my issue with Tri-Ess overall, they are so busy trying to be wife-friendly that they downplay issues like auto-gynephillia and bi-sexuality.

So yes, a good article to introduce people to CDing but not the whole story.

Maid Barbara
12-27-2005, 05:31 AM
Hi everyone,
Just read the article and thought it was very good. Then I went to the site it was from and found a lot more informative pieces, give it a glance.
Barbara. x

http://jenellerose.com/