PDA

View Full Version : I am now officially on the Hormone Highway

DeidraDee63
09-08-2013, 08:35 AM
I will keep this short, no organ recitals (lol) so relax. I want to first thank the moderators and all you fabulous ladies for sharing yourselves, your stories have been an inspiration. I want to thank the friends I have made since joining for their support and understanding.
O.K. after a long wait, many physical issues finally another Doctor reviewed my records and within 1 hour said you needed to be on Estrogen years ago, and we discussed the side effects, need for follow up, that I will need it for life, and so on. Then he shocked me and said I sent the rx to your pharmacy, pick it up on your way home, and I will see you next week for bloodwork.
This was not a fast decision, several other Doctors have had me on low dose of Estrogen for several months to see the effects.
I feel now I can join you, granted my on ramp may have been different and my off ramp is unknown but finally I know I am not mental and frankly I am on cloud nine, plus the physical relief with the proper hormones in me is worth it.
I thank you all again, all of you have made a positive difference.

Bunny Girl Zoe
09-08-2013, 10:05 AM
That is truly great news so pleased for you.

LIKETODRESS2
09-08-2013, 10:29 AM
That's great news for you wish I was the getting it instead of you

Jorja
09-08-2013, 11:21 AM
Great for you! Just watch out for those damn drunk drivers, they go left of center quite often.:eek::eek:

I Am Paula
09-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Congratulations! This is truly a new beginning. I call it rebirthday. We're here when you hit a pothole.

StephanieC
09-08-2013, 03:23 PM
"Hormone highway"...I like that analogy. I don't know if I'd exactly call it a highway, but it does get you on the road to another life.

I wish you the best...may you reach whatever destination you desire.

-stephani

Marleena
09-08-2013, 04:10 PM
Good for you Deidra you're on your way. If you get lost just don't ask me for directions though.:heehee:

AveryS
09-09-2013, 06:36 AM
Just remember, there are traffic jams on the highway, some slow moving traffic here and there, accidents to avoid... Just take it easy and consider your drive on the highway a leisurely trip to an amazing destination :)
I'm cruising in the slow lane personally - make sure you wave on the way by :)

DeidraDee63
09-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Thank you everyone for your kind posts and well wishes, they are truly appreciated. I used the highway analogy because that is where I hope it is going, prior to this it was more like riding a roller coaster balancing a gallon of nitro. I guess, as my one Doctor said:" in your case it is not just a personal or lifestyle choice but a medical necessity", the day that was said to me is when I really was able to accept it; I guess wishes really do come true.

Barbara Ella
09-09-2013, 11:52 AM
So happy for you girl friend. You have had a rough road getting here, and now you can just stay on the highway, please. Cause if you get off the highway, I have a feeling that a lot of us here still maintain that built in behavioral pattern that goes like....Map? I don't need no stinking map!....lol

take each day in, and look forward to tomorrow.

Barbara