PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma City - Great Place To Go

DeeArel
09-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Any one looking for a place away from home to visit that affords freedom to get out and about should consider Oklahoma City. It has a friendly section located around the 39th & Pennsylvania intersection.

There is a motel called Habana that appears to cater exclusively to the LGBT community. In the hotel building is a restaurant, Gushers, with good and reasonably priced food. There are also two night clubs.

Within 1-2 block walking distance are four other night spots.

Each of the clubs has the feel of a neighborhood bar on a weeknight. They come alive on the weekend with much more activity with Saturday being the busiest.

On any given night, a special event or show is scheduled at a least one of the clubs.

Approximately a mile from this area is a mall. There is also an premium outlet mall bout 10 miles away. I found both malls to be welcoming and the SA's friendly.

I had the misfortune :) of having to extend my trip last week into the coming one. Logistically, it did not make sense to fly home and return. :clap: Therefore, I had to spend the weekend in OKC.

I met many sisters, both locally and out of state. Many of them regularly schedule trips here to enjoy the freedom and convenience that is afforded.

I rate the experience A+ and have moved Oklahoma City to the top of my list to visit again.

BLUE ORCHID
09-08-2013, 03:11 PM
Hi Dee, Thanks for the heads up about OKC .

Jenny Gurl
09-08-2013, 09:10 PM
OKC is a very nice place to visit. There is quite a bit to do there, and the people are friendly too. Tinker Air Force Base is located there, along with the Kirkpatric Aerospace museum. Cowboy Hall of Fame is also interesting to go through.

Beverley Sims
09-13-2013, 12:17 AM
Jenny,
Been to the cowboy, and space museums.
Great place OKC.

donnatracey
09-13-2013, 12:58 AM
Sadly OKC has been cursed with some of the worst weather imaginable....tornadoes, ice storms, etc....glad to hear it has some redeeming qualities to make up for that.