PDA

View Full Version : Shopped on my own

Sarah Beth
09-09-2013, 07:41 AM
My wife and I left on Labor Day for a week in Colorado as I had some work to do there. Lots of sales on that day so when we got to Pueblo we wanted to do some shopping. After going to Kohl's and Dress Barn my wife wasn't feeling well due to her allergies so I thought the shopping would be over. The wife however insisted that I keep on shopping since I hadn't found anything I liked yet. I was sort of apprehensive about going it n my own but I sucked it up and went ahead.

I went to four shops on my own. No one really paid that much attention to me as I looked through the sale racks. There was nothing there in my size that really caught my eye but in Ross's I did actually take a few things to a dressing room and try them on. I just really don't get sizing, tried on two pair of jeans in the same size different brands, one was to big and the other two small. This seems to happen to me a lot.

We went on up into the mountains which was great because no one was around and while I worked in my male jeans I still got to wear panties and bra while I worked. Then on Wednesday I had to go back into town for some things so I spent some more time shopping. Still didn't find anything to buy which was disappointing. I'm glad I ordered a skirt and top online before I left they should be here today.

Stilll I had a great time I got to dress every day for four days before the weekend crowd showed up. Got to sit out on the deck dressed and enjoy the view. I have a couple of pics of me out on the deck but I hesitate to share those as I don't consider myself very photogenic.

petrahughes
09-09-2013, 08:09 AM
I have to shop for underwear and dresses on my own. I usually throw in a male item when I go to the checkout as it makes me feel more comfortable at the cashier. Still exiting tho and always gives me a tingle as I look though all the pretty dresses and skirts alone.

Tina B.
09-09-2013, 09:34 AM
I shop alone most of the time, The wife shops with me sometimes but she slows me down, and she wears out to fast. I can spend all day shopping, while the wife is good for an hour or two at most.
I've never had a problem with sales people. I used to worry about it, and would only go to female checkers, until one day the only check stand open was manned by a young man in his twenties, nervously I sucked it up and got in line, when it came my turn I worried about his reaction to the female jeans I had laid up there, 2 pair, he looked them over real close, looked up at me and said, "wow, you got a good price on these" that was it, not one word about them being girls jeans not a knowing Lear, nothing.
Now when I shop, I just head for the shortest line, and get it paid for so I can get on to the next store.

Ceri Anne
09-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Love your tag line from Miranda Lambert. I saw that performed on national television and fell in love with the song.

BubblyBabe
09-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Good job!

I remember my first time going shopping on my own. I went to Khols and Ross, I was embarrassed at first but then the adrenaline kicked in I mustered up the courage to go check out with some girls tank tops and a few lace hipsters and thongs. The cashier at Khols was so nice! She didn't even care, she smiled at me, talked to me a bit and on I went!

I shop at Victoria's Secret by myself as well as with my SO, their cotton v-strings and cheekies/hipsters are amazing day to day as far as comfort. Plus plain black, white, or grey is always good when you're feeling low key. One time though, I checked out and the girl was like, so are these for you? My stomach sank and I was like ahhhh what do I say?! But I decided to be honest and said "yes actually" and she smiled at me and said, "they're super comfy huh?" I just smiled back and said "yeah they are" I think they like us because we add something new to their boring day at work!

I've bought jeans at GAP with my gf and their sizes are so inconsistent. I'm a 4 or 6 depending on the style. Also depending on whether I feel like wearing jeans that are obviously tight girls jeans or ones that are loose enough to pull off in public. I get boot cut jeans mostly, they amplify curves!

My gf loves shopping for/with me. But It's definitely exciting to go alone :)

Devin C
09-09-2013, 12:16 PM
The wife an I shop together as well as alone. I shop for her an she shops for me. An yes I try them on also.

Beverley Sims
09-13-2013, 12:12 AM
Sarah,
It is wonderful being away and dressing as you are less likely to get busted by nosey neighbors.