PDA

View Full Version : Back on track

kimdl93
09-10-2013, 04:00 PM
Last week I share my mortifying experience of being stopped and questioned by a policeman as a result of a call or calls about 'a man dissed like a woman walking around the RV park in the evening'. Turns out its perfectly legal, but I was rattled and my confidence shaken by the experience.

Well, they say that when you get bucked off a horse you have to climb back on. So today, I did. I'm home for the week and took the opportunity to go out shopping. I wore a floral print, sleeveless maxi dress (mix of pinks greens and blues) and matching necklace, earrings and bracelet. First, I dropped off some dry cleaning, then made a trip to the local HEB grocery...the busiest grocery I could find. It was fine. I blended in as well as a tall woman can and was treated just like anyone else. Then off to the Clinique counter at the Dillards department store where I purchased two shades of concealer, a few brushes and some mascara. I got a few goodies thrown in, which made my day and got to visit with two of my favorite SAs.

It was a quick outing, back on familiar turf. I was a tad apprehensive as I stepped out the door, but, it is just like riding a bike...er....a horse...whatever analogy works!

Lorileah
09-10-2013, 04:27 PM
:eek: You mean there were no torches or posses? I hope you took the ice cream home between the grocery an the Clinique counter

Di
09-10-2013, 04:44 PM
:thumbsup:Perfect

Very glad you did this and got your confidence back!:hugs:

kimdl93
09-10-2013, 05:15 PM
No ice cream, but I did drop off the groceries...I had to keep moving to stay ahead of the mob, lost them at the mall. Whew!

Di, I don't know if it's confidence in myself or in the more hospitable environment. Either way, it was nice to get out again!

EllenJo
09-10-2013, 05:16 PM
You go girl!!!! Great comback. The more we are out as ourselves the more we will be accepted out as ourselves. You are an inspiration.
Hugs
Ellen Jo

Persephone
09-10-2013, 06:16 PM
Congrats on getting back on the horse!

Just watch out for the temptation to play Lady Godiva! :)

Hugs,
Persephone.

Marcelle
09-10-2013, 06:33 PM
Glad to hear you got back out there and did not let the last episode set you back.

Isha

Marleena
09-10-2013, 06:41 PM
That's the way to do it Kim! You only had a minor setback last week.:)

Amanda22
09-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Hi Kim, you're an inspiration to bounce back after a bad experience. I salute you.

Kate Simmons
09-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Glad you are back on track Kim. I personally take that kind of stuff with a grain of salt and have a "What, me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman outlook myself.:)

PretzelGirl
09-10-2013, 10:04 PM
Sometimes doing what we need to do anyway makes it easier than coming up with something to do just because we are dressed. That horse is galloping now!

Beverley Sims
09-11-2013, 01:02 AM
I am pleased to see you got back up on that bike.
That was a deflating fall last week.
Things should get back to normal now you are on your own turf.

Lynn Marie
09-11-2013, 04:56 AM
Yippee, good to hear, sweetie.

kimdl93
09-11-2013, 05:00 AM

Hugs,
Persephone.

No such temptations, P, I don't have a sufficiently long wig!

Frédérique
09-11-2013, 07:53 AM
Last week I share my mortifying experience of being stopped and questioned by a policeman as a result of a call or calls about 'a man dissed like a woman walking around the RV park in the evening'. Turns out its perfectly legal, but I was rattled and my confidence shaken by the experience. Well, they say that when you get bucked off a horse you have to climb back on. So today, I did.

That would’ve rattled me, too! You did the right thing by climbing back on “the horse,” but was there ever an alternative? You are the mistress of your convictions, and I admire you for it...
:)

I've never seen this horse, though - is it going to trot, gallop, or canter past my location any time soon? :idontknow:

petrahughes
09-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Oh my, that must have been a scary interaction with the cops. Glad you have continued to get out n about, go girl !!!

linda allen
09-11-2013, 08:01 AM
That's great Kim, I'm glad you were able to put the bad incident behind you.

kimdl93
09-12-2013, 09:29 AM
That would’ve rattled me, too! You did the right thing by climbing back on “the horse,” but was there ever an alternative? You are the mistress of your convictions, and I admire you for it...
:)

I've never seen this horse, though - is it going to trot, gallop, or canter past my location any time soon? :idontknow:

This horse may carry me back through KS someday. Its been a while. The last time I was near Lidsborg I'd lost cell phone coverage and my navigator lead me on a 200 mile wild goose chase accross Neb & KS. They don't have a lot of cell towers out there!

Jorja
09-12-2013, 09:42 AM

Hugs,
Persephone.

This should have read; Lady Godiva, Madonna, Lady GAGA, or Miley Cyrus. Twerking in the park might have gotten you arested! :)

kimdl93
09-12-2013, 10:14 AM
I swear...I have never twerked. I didn't even know what twerking was until the whole Miley Cyrus thing. I'm glad my step daughters chose other career paths!