PDA

View Full Version : earrings

beam47
09-12-2013, 12:43 AM
this is a to remember for me , ( my wife excepts my cding but is not supportive), eventhough she helps me buying anything I need and allows me a max. of 5 days a week to dress, but today we went one step ahead and she let me get both my ears pierced, which I think she wouldn't have said yes to just over a year ago, now it's a question of how long it will take for them to heal and then we will go and buy some earrings

SexySarah0727
09-12-2013, 01:03 AM
I've had my ears pierced since I was 18, but I have yet to get the courage to buy earrings I really like. You're lucky to have a wife that accepts you and helps you get the things you need and want. I wish I had that.

I've got some amazon credit and still have not gotten enough courage to buy a pair of earrings...

Lady Mandy
09-12-2013, 01:33 AM
Hi Beam47!

Great that your wife allows you to express yourself & good for you on getting pierced! I'm double pierced / both ears & I love it! It takes about 6 weeks if I remember correctly for the ears to heal & be ready for your new earrings of choice! I always have either small freshwater pearls or diamonds in my upper holes & I like hoops of some sort in the lower ones (even if I'm in male mode) . . . Hang in there & apply the antiseptic several times daily, twist them a slight bit throughout the day & before you know it, you'll be looking for some beautiful earrings that fit your style!

Hope this helped & have fun!

Tawne
09-12-2013, 01:39 AM
Max of 5 days a week?? Plenty!

Robyn-aus
09-12-2013, 01:47 AM
Good on you I got mine done last weekend It feels good

Catie2013
09-12-2013, 01:56 AM
Pierced ears are the best, so many more earrings to choose from. Have fun! My ears took 8 - 10 weeks to heal years ago, but I have very sensitive skin.

AmyGaleRT
09-12-2013, 03:12 AM
I think Sabrina would freak if I asked her if I could get my ears pierced! She doesn't even have her ears pierced!

I don't think I'd have a problem going through with it now--even NFL players have piercings in both ears these days--but with Sabrina's opinion to consider, it won't happen.

But this means we can share clip-ons. :) And I make use of clip converters to "engineer" earrings into clip-ons, when feasible.

- Amy

alice clair
09-12-2013, 06:34 AM
I had both ears done at the same time and later I added one more o my left ear and I healed up in 3 to 4 weeks. I wear a diamond stud in my lower left hole and when I get home after my shower I put in whatever I like. I have about 25 pair of pretty earings. Some my wife bought me and some I bought myself. I also wear an ankle bracelet on my left ankle and a thin silver bracelet on my left wrist which I get lots of compliments from women on. I have a thin gold necklace around my neck with a small gold towtruck on it. No problems

linda allen
09-12-2013, 08:16 AM
..................... today we went one step ahead and she let me get both my ears pierced, which I think she wouldn't have said yes to just over a year ago, now it's a question of how long it will take for them to heal ..........

You didn't get care instructions when you got your ears pierced? I had mine done at the Piercing Pagoda in the mall and I got complete oral and written care instructions and a bottle of solution to dab on the holes every day. They even checked my ears when it was time to remove the starter earrings for free.

If you got care instructions, read and follow them. If not, you can find them on the Internet.

It's going to be a couple months at least before you can take the starter earrings out and wear something different.

linda allen
09-12-2013, 08:21 AM
I've had my ears pierced since I was 18, but I have yet to get the courage to buy earrings I really like. You're lucky to have a wife that accepts you and helps you get the things you need and want. I wish I had that.

I've got some amazon credit and still have not gotten enough courage to buy a pair of earrings...

I buy most of my earrings from ebay. Yes, they are made and shipped from China and take a month to get here, but I get golld filled or stainless steel earrings often for $1.00 a pair. It doesn't take courage to buy earrings. Even in person, there's no reason a man can't buy earrings for a wife or girlfriend. Just pick out what you like and take them to the checkout.

kimdl93
09-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Seems your wife is more supportive than many...5 days/week dressing, buying stuff and now pierced earrings...sounds pretty good. I don't know when you came out to her, but if a year ago, she would have objected to pierced ears, then you're both definitely making progress.

Beverley Sims
09-12-2013, 10:56 PM
You must be doing something right.
Just progress slowly and more doors will open up to you.

SusanLeigh3454
10-08-2013, 04:49 PM
I agree with Beverley. Anyway, ear piercing is a rite of passage.

Audrey_FR
10-08-2013, 11:02 PM
My wife doesn't want me to get my ears pierced. She said it will be a problem with family and friends. I'll respect that, specially she certainly be right. Maybe one day we will agree to do it.

michelle.foster
10-09-2013, 03:12 PM
When I got my first ear pierced, I told my wife I wanted to have it done - I was tried of having to buy clip-ons. She bawked at the idea, thought it would be a dead give away that I CDed. But after I had it done she admitted she like the way it looked on me. Then about a year later I had a seconde set done. She likes that too and guess what no body connected the piercing with the CDing. I mostly wear studs or "Huggies" man hoops from Pagoda. I am looking for some drop earrings on posts, rather than hooks to wear in drab.

heatherdress
10-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Congratulations, Beam. Sounds great. You should get your wife something special to thank her. Maybe a set of earrings for her?