PDA

View Full Version : Happy and Sad at the same time

chloe cute
09-12-2013, 06:58 AM
the happy part is i got a new awesome job with a good perks, benefits, more salary and free lunch.
the sad part is i have to move back to my parents house (Philly), this is part of my decision due to last year both of them lost their job and i have to help them pay the mortgage, so instead of paying mortgage and my rent i decided just to live back in their basement. Which means, regular boring clothes when i get back to work, can't dress up as much as i can.
Hmm.. i guess everything happen for a reason.. at least now i am living closer to my family and my girl friend...

Sarah Beth
09-12-2013, 07:09 AM
I fully understand the sacrifices we can and do make for family. Some years ago my wife and I made the decision to move back home, so to speak, because of the failing health of parents and need to be closer to them. We give certain bits of ourselves to do what we do, but we are often better people for doing it. Although we did move in with either set of parents, I couldn't do that, I commenet you for it it would drive me crazy to have to do that.

Since you are lving in their basement, perhaps you can still have some privacy there, if there is a seperate entrance to the basemen maybe you can set it up more like a private apartment and keep at least part of your life seperate. A few years ago I helped a friend basically make a seperate living area in the same house he was sharing with someone else. It made things go much smoother for all concerned.

Kate Simmons
09-12-2013, 07:15 AM
Things will work out Hon, Just be patient. :)

kimdl93
09-12-2013, 09:21 AM
OK, so you get to help out your parents - usually, its the other way around, so be grateful for the fact that you're able to do so. Now, you get to be creative....figure out new avenues for dressing when you can. Think of it as a challenge!

Beverley Sims
09-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Kate and Kim have good advice here.
The opportunity to be home and welcomed by your parents is something hard to find these days.
Times do change an you will be out dressing again quicker than you realise.